Official Plane Spotting Thread III

Not strictly plane spotting, but I was one of a group invited by the Royal Australian Air Force to fly on one of their KC-30 MRTT tankers as it refueled a pair of F/A-18 Hornets southeast of Melbourne. Here's a blog post about the flight which includes high-res photos and a video highlights package.

Sneak peek:
i-jhSHS2N-M.jpg

Last edited:
Some photos from the excellent USAF Air Combat Command F-22 Raptor demonstration that was the highlight of this year's Avalon Airshow in Australia. Sadly all future demonstrations by the Raptor have been put on hold indefinitely after the USAF cancelled all aircraft flybys, demonstrations and airshow support in the aftermath of sequestration in the United States government following its budget woes. More high-res photos of the F-22 display at The Base Leg Blog

USAF_F22_003-M.jpg

USAF_F22_004-L.jpg

Good Evening bros. all the Bretling jets are now currently stationed at SELETAR if I'm not wrong.

Jack Chua said:
Good Evening bros. all the Bretling jets are now currently stationed at SELETAR if I'm not wrong.

Yup. Saw them landing there this morning.
There's no info on when/where they'll holding rehearsal.
Was hoping to catch them before the real show on Sat.

Many thanks for the heads up. :D

This is Express Air I think... an Indo airline... this on Batam or ?
As discussed here. United States Air Force (USAF) Dornier C-146A operated by the Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC) in Air Transport International (ATI) livery and paint scheme.

Probably serving the 8900 km Yokota Air Base (RJTY) - Paya Lebar Air Base (WSAP) - Diego Garcia (FJDG) route. ;)

Breitling Jet Team Aero L-39C Albatros - ES-YLR

Breitling Jet Team Aero L-39C Albatros - ES-YLX

Breitling Jet Team Aero L-39C Albatros - ES-TLG

Breitling Jet Team Aero L-39C Albatros - ES-YLF

Breitling Jet Team Aero L-39C Albatros - ES-TLC

Last edited:
Breitling Jet Team Aero L-39C Albatros - ES-YLI

Breitling Jet Team Aero L-39C Albatros - ES-TLF

to all planespotters, Have a nice day catching the performance !

Last edited:
Asialink Cargo Airlines Fokker F-27-500 Friendship

reg:VH-UTJ

ExpoAir Fokker F27 reg:4R-EXM

Last edited:
Asialink Cargo Airlines Fokker F-27-500 Friendship

ExpoAir Fokker F27 reg:4R-EXM

Bro Erkuan... You've captured my favourite aircraft since young - the F27. This was the first aircraft I ever flew in as a passenger, and it was on a flight to KL on an MSA flight back in the 60's. Let me guess.. these were taken over at seletar? Good shots. :)

Many thanks for the heads up. :D

As discussed here. United States Air Force (USAF) Dornier C-146A operated by the Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC) in Air Transport International (ATI) livery and paint scheme.

Probably serving the 8900 km Yokota Air Base (RJTY) - Paya Lebar Air Base (WSAP) - Diego Garcia (FJDG) route. ;)

The Dornier is just doing shuttles to various ASEAN cities :)

Bro Erkuan... You've captured my favourite aircraft since young - the F27. This was the first aircraft I ever flew in as a passenger, and it was on a flight to KL on an MSA flight back in the 60's. Let me guess.. these were taken over at seletar? Good shots. :)

Yes, Ccx9, caught these at seletar in the morning sun. The F27 still strong and flying.

I, too, remember sitting in one of these planes all those long ago years. Thanks for sharing.

not forgetting this beautiful Breitling Fairchild SA-227AC Metro III (reg:F-HPAA)

sorry for the bad quality but still hope to share it with all aircraft enthusiast.

Yes, Ccx9, caught these at seletar in the morning sun. The F27 still strong and flying.

Fokker has a maintenance centre here in Seletar. Good catch of these old but steady and strong ladies. :)

I, too, remember sitting in one of these planes all those long ago years. Thanks for sharing.

Good to know I am not the only one old enough to remember the old MSA F27's. Hahaha

Since then, I have always liked high-winged prop or jet-powered airplanes. Love the unobstructed view below the wing, and especially for the F27, being able to see the MLG come down or go up when coming in for landing or taking off. Best would be to land in the rain. The rooster-tail kicked up when the tires cut the rain water on the surface of the runway... hmmm... memories. :)