C17 Globemaster Making their presence felt at the Airshow

First Past

4327717120_86ceedbc9d_b.jpg

4327715274_d4d1718b6b_b.jpg

Second Past before flying off

4326977977_3578db32c7_b.jpg

4327712522_be166d7aa6_b.jpg
when was this?

Where in changi is a good spot to take the aerial display from 11.30am? I am going on sat, but also want to snap some before sat. thanks.

Where in changi is a good spot to take the aerial display from 11.30am? I am going on sat, but also want to snap some before sat. thanks.

Like many have stated in numerous threads in CS, Changi Beach areas facing the CEC site. If those can manage to get into water breaker areas near the forested area next of the CEC would be the best location provided you are able to get in there. Security is obscenely tight closer to the site. But people are still able to walk in. Those who are able to cycle there would be the best approach; else it will be a very long walk in. Carpark 6 is on lock down so parking is literally out of the question at Changi Beach Park.

Else another locale would be the areas next to the worker dorm after Changi Ferry Terminal. There was an old uncle I met that did that for every airshow for photo opp.

All flights take off south and approach north on return from 20L/2R; except for the F111 which I have no idea where it took off from. Those who understand the runway geography should know where to station themselves for photo opportuinities.

Display starts from the right to the left of the areas facing the sea at the CEC. Every display is about 10 minutes.

Hope all this info helps to whoever is keen !:)

Thanks a lot! Will look up map to check how to get there. Are public buses allowed to travel to this area, such as the SAF ferry terminal area? Could be a good spot to take some photos?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot! Will look up map to check how to get there. Are public buses allowed to travel to this area, such as the SAF ferry terminal area? Could be a good spot to take some photos?

For public buses, I am not sure as I have not taken a bus to that area for ages. Whether you can alight at the Cargo Complex with the public bus I am not so sure. SAF Ferry Terminal you would not get a close view of it compare to the areas stated.

Many heartfelt gratitude to Hengpy, Gilcrest and Jeromevo for contributing and sharing the Singapore Airshow images with those who are unable to attend the event due to work commitments especially. :D

This thread will be close by any of the moderators upon reaching a 1,000 posting per thread limit as per forum policy, please feel free for anyone to start a second continuation thread if that happens. :)

Last edited:
Many heartfelt gratitude to Hengpy, Gilcrest and Jeromevo for contributing and sharing the Singapore Airshow images with those who are unable to attend the event due to work commitments especially. :D

This thread will be close by any of the moderators upon reaching a 1,000 posting per thread limit as per forum policy, please feel free for anyone to start a second continuation thread if that happens. :)
you're welcome. all the best to everyone contributing and have a Blessed Lunar New Year with your loved ones.

Like many have stated in numerous threads in CS, Changi Beach areas facing the CEC site. If those can manage to get into water breaker areas near the forested area next of the CEC would be the best location provided you are able to get in there. Security is obscenely tight closer to the site. But people are still able to walk in. Those who are able to cycle there would be the best approach; else it will be a very long walk in. Carpark 6 is on lock down so parking is literally out of the question at Changi Beach Park.

Else another locale would be the areas next to the worker dorm after Changi Ferry Terminal. There was an old uncle I met that did that for every airshow for photo opp.

All flights take off south and approach north on return from 20L/2R; except for the F111 which I have no idea where it took off from. Those who understand the runway geography should know where to station themselves for photo opportuinities.

Display starts from the right to the left of the areas facing the sea at the CEC. Every display is about 10 minutes.

Hope all this info helps to whoever is keen !:)
the breakwater is a good place, only issue is its a very long walk.

one can practically walk all the way to the show site from there...

USAF Gulfstream C-37A (01-0065) carrying PACAF commander is scheduled for departure at Changi around 1245 hours today. Anyone available to take photos?

Last edited:
USAF Gulfstream C-37A (01-0065) carrying PACAF commander is schedule for departure at Changi around 1245 hours today. Anyone available to take photos?

thanks for the head up! will keep a look out provided it doesn't take off to the south

Nice shots.
The c-17 fly past during flying display?

Yup, it did 2 fly pasts during the second trade day flying display, right after the F-111.

thanks for the head up! will keep a look out provided it doesn't take off to the south

Did you manage to photograph the aircraft? :)

Last edited:
3rd day no C17 flypast, surprisingly air display was cut short to 5 mins for most segment.

Ya, the C-17 is only supposed to participate in the flying display on the first day but it was cancelled and shifted to the second day.

Actually all segments expect for the T-50 and F-111 was carried out in full. Both the T-50 and F-111 ended prematurely. For the F-111, I suppose there was an engine problem. :(

Last edited:
Did you manage to photograph the aircraft? :)

no, waited till 1250 and no sight of it. a plane did takeoff earlier ard 1030 plus from 2R. perhaps its the c37, i caught one at wsap when obama was coming that day, should be in the earlier posts with pics.

Some more shots from the show today

Lady & the Apache
Airshow2010_D3_059.jpg

US Navy P3 Orion (Morning shot)
4330111680_5a7769f607_b.jpg

The Crowd under the extremely hot mid day sun.
Airshow2010_D3_095.jpg

Ya, the C-17 is only supposed to participate in the flying display on the first day but it was cancelled and shifted to the second day.

Actually all segments expect for the T-50 and F-111 was carried out in full. Both the T-50 and F-111 ended prematurely. For the F-111, I suppose there was an engine problem. :(

Yea, the F-111 executed it's "Dump and Burn" for less than a second or so, then headed off.

disappointing :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.