Official Plane Spotting Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

9V-Orion Images

Apr 1, 2009
Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice!
For enquiries regarding plane spotting locations please kindly refer to the Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.​

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi to all, it’s mine first post here, even though I had been lurking around clubsnap since 2002. I also used to be a regular photographer, but unfortunately, I completely stopped snapping photos when mine father (whom is a photographer himself) passed away three years back.

I did a search for any specific thread dedicated to aviation or plane spotting, and was unable to find a single one (please forgive me if there is already a existing thread on this). As such, the purpose of this thread is to allow all aviation enthusiasts to planned gatherings, post their aviation photos and share information.

To get the ball rolling, here's one photo taken this afternoon. I have an EF 300mm (f/2.8) prime lens, but that is currently with canon service center for some minor repairs, so the following photo is taken with a EF-S 55-250mm (which is not very sharp). Photos are uncropped and unprocessed, unless specifically stated as such.

3403334605_a9b48e1db1_b.jpg

A MD-11F from china eastern airline (callsign: china eastern 5069) on short final for WSSS: runway 02L.
Comments are very much appreciated.

3404177972_6b3c1a9aa4_b.jpg

50..., 40..., 30..., 20..., 10..., Retard...
Comments are very much appreciated.​

Last edited:
BTW, I'm currently an avionics engineer at SASCO. Feel free to posts any questions regarding aviation and I'll try mine best to answer them. Cheers. :)

Last edited:
BTW, i'm currently an internee at SASCO. Feel free to posts any questions regarding aviation and i'll try mine best to answer them. Cheers.

wow, you know all the call-sign lingo and the runway designation.

btw, what does SASCO stand for? is it singapore airport services company? is it like SATS?

wow, you know all the call-sign lingo and the runway designation.

btw, what does SASCO stand for? is it singapore airport services company? is it like SATS?
Singapore Technologies Aviation Services CO (SASCO) ;). It's an aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) company under Singapore Technologies: Aerospace (also similar to SIA Engineering Company). Our hangers are located approximately 500 meters away from the threshhold of runway 02L. I would love to take some photos in there, but cameras are not allowed.

BTW, i'm not sure if this is the approximately section to post this thread. Moderators, please take any actions as required. Thanks.

If you're into aircraft, maybe this website can help to satisfy your hunger for such birds?
http://www.airliners.net/

welcome to the world of avionics. Maybe you can meet up with snoweagle. Hear that he is also from this line too. My days of avionic end when I left RSAF... haha ..

It's mine 1st time using a CPL filter, and i'm still trying to get the exposure right. Any advise will be very much appreciated.

3403837259_454affaa25_b.jpg

A B737-4Q8 (tail rego: PK-CJU) from sriwijaya air (callsign: sriwijaya 104) on final approch for WSSS: runway 02L, after intercepting ILS 110.9.

Last edited:
3144094038_2d8bc1bd2c.jpg

Seletar - Yishun Dam

Thanks for the heads-up ;), i used to be a regular there but mine forum subscription had expired earlier this year.

wao bro, im starting my course civil aviation in poly this year, schools starting soon =)

my dads a pilot senior 1st officer with SIA B744 fleet.

but i dint do that well to go JC so im taking this poly route, hopefully either make it to be a pilot or i wanna work to be working in the control tower as a air traffic controller =)

seems like you know the place rather well =) i do read my dads papers sometimes, on the different airports showing the taxi ways , terminals etc..

kinda confusing :think:

Should start a Trainspotting thread.

"There goes Renton, Spud, Bigbie and Sick Boy!" :bsmilie:

wao bro, im starting my course civil aviation in poly this year, schools starting soon =)

but i dint do that well to go JC so im taking this poly route, hopefully either make it to be a pilot or i wanna work to be working in the control tower as a air traffic controller =)

seems like you know the place rather well =) i do read my dads papers sometimes, on the different airports showing the taxi ways , terminals etc..

Well, good luck to you studies and future endeavours. I'm from the aerospace avionics course, BTW. Do read more, especially the forums in airliners.net.

heh heh heh... that is a stressful job.. I was a local assistant in the tower..

Hi, been capturing the take-offs and landings for quite a while. Just to share some of my pictures. All taken with my 18-200mm VR lens at max focal length and at F8-F13. Have some problems posting it onto here, so attached the links here. Appreciate if you guys can give some C&C to make it better. :)

1. British Airways Boeing 744 on approach towards 20R

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8636673@N05/3410380781/sizes/l/in/set-72157616238401711/

2. Lufthansa Boeing 744 banking left after leaving SCA

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8636673@N05/3410380899/sizes/l/

3. Emirates Airlines Boeing 773ER on approach towards 20R

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8636673@N05/3411194034/sizes/l/

Last edited:
there should be quite some of us lurking around here and various small pockets at east coast beach. :)

here's my take:

a380_841.jpg

hey, tats the A380!!

there should be quite some of us lurking around here and various small pockets at east coast beach. :)

here's my take:

a380_841.jpg

i think for aviation pics...it is nicer if you fill the frame or put it on center...not too worry bout rule of third and etc...coz it is afterall "the main subject" and nothing else matter...coz the extra space on the side,to me rather...wasted in this contxt.just my 2cents...

if you guys like aviation pics...try and google for "sp01l3r" he was a former SQ pilot,but retired now and back to mozambique i reckon.He was the one who encourage me to take good photos from the body and not to photoshop...

i think for aviation pics...it is nicer if you fill the frame or put it on center...not too worry bout rule of third and etc...coz it is afterall "the main subject" and nothing else matter...coz the extra space on the side,to me rather...wasted in this contxt.just my 2cents...
yah, believe it is up to the individual for framing of the subject. some like it right in the middle and some like to have extra spaces around.

Status
Not open for further replies.