Official Plane Spotting Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,

CAAS has a permit on taking shots at such locations right? I've asked a few CAAS officers before, they said there is but they don't know how to apply for it. They simply tell me go find the relevant authorities.

Mmm, changi business park? Like where .. the field behind Singapore Expo?

Cowz.
PS. Let me figure out how to post pictures here, then i'll show a few shots of planes i took.

Well, CAAS has a permit on taking shots at such locations right? I've asked a few CAAS officers before, they said there is but they don't know how to apply for it. They simply tell me go find the relevant authorities. Mmm, changi business park? Like where .. the field behind Singapore Expo?

Cowz.
PS. Let me figure out how to post pictures here, then i'll show a few shots of planes i took.
The online application form is over here (linked to CAAS --> eServices --> Filming & Photography), and unless you have some "strings to pull", you'll most likely get your application rejected.

Changi business park (to be more specified, that'll be Changi South Ave 3 or Changi South Street 1) is about a 10 - 15 minutes walk away from expo MRT station, shuttle buses operates on weekdays only. Weekends can get really quiet, and it's where you might find couples driving there for some hanky-panky after sunset.

Last edited:
wow, you know all the call-sign lingo and the runway designation.

btw, what does SASCO stand for? is it singapore airport services company? is it like SATS?

I've got a friend from SASCO and he has his own view of what SASCO stands for... :bsmilie:

But its not appropriate for me to post it here... :bsmilie:

The online application form is over here (linked to CAAS --> eServices --> Filming & Photography), and unless you have some "strings to pull", you'll most likely get your application rejected.

Changi business park (to be more specified, that'll be Changi South Ave 3 or Changi South Street 1) is about a 10 - 15 minutes walk away from expo MRT station, shuttle buses operates on weekdays only. Weekends can get really quiet, and it's where you might find couples driving there for some hanky-panky after sunset.

Ah, ok i'll check it out next time i go planespotting, mm and maybe a prime lens to capture the hanky-panky scenes? (Haa~ Kidding). Aww so the permmit is sort of 'restricted'?

Cowz.

First one taken right outside East perimeter fence, RW02R
2nd and 3rd taken from Changi Beach

3325359767_10864ab255.jpg

3369299865_72c76ea1dd.jpg

3365348366_3282226f7c.jpg

9V-SMU, the 1000th Boeing 747 taken before the 744 was withdrawn from SIN-LHR, I don't think she's in service with SQ anymore

Last edited:
3365348366_3282226f7c.jpg

9V-SMU, the 1000th Boeing 747 taken before the 744 was withdrawn from SIN-LHR, I don't think she's in service with SQ anymore
The last i checked a month ago, 9V-SMU is in operational service and the aircraft is still registered with CAAS as of 31 March 2009. All remaining B747-412 are due to be retired by 2010 (AFAIK), "grab" them while you still can. BTW, thanks for sharing the photos. ;)

Edit: 9V-SMU (as flight no. SQ25) will be arriving at Singapore (WSSS) tomorrow morning at 0635 hours from New York (KJFK) via Frankfurt (EDDF).

Last edited:
Just Asking... is there a special programme to check what registration the plane is when it is coming to singapore? flightstats and other programmes don't sem to have it.

Just Asking... is there a special programme to check what registration the plane is when it is coming to singapore? flightstats and other programmes don't sem to have it.

Dunno... I'm really only interested in SQ birds, the 744s in particular, so wiki which flights are served by 744s, then go to singaporeair.com to check for flight times. After that I check the changi airport arrivals to get the approx time the aircraft would "touch down".

As for the regs, take a shot of the plane and then zoom in lor.

The last i checked a month ago, 9V-SMU is in operational service and the aircraft is still registered with CAAS as of 31 March 2009. All remaining B747-412 are due to be retired by 2010 (AFAIK), "grab" them while you still can. BTW, thanks for sharing the photos. ;)

Edit: 9V-SMU (as flight no. SQ25) will be arriving at Singapore (WSSS) tomorrow morning at 0635 hours from New York (KJFK) via Frankfurt (EDDF).

Mmm,

SIA is left with 10 B744s. Most recent plane taken out of service is the sister of the crashed 9V-SPK (SQ 006), 9V-SPL. Of which both planes once carried the tropical Megatop livery. But, i'm quite certain these 3 B744s would be the last to go. -MU, -PP, -PQ. Of which these 3 planes are the only ones that had a repaint. Kinda sad to see them go, but all good things have to come to an end yea? :(

Cowz.

There're actually a couple of websites that might have either a database or a real-time update of flight imformations (including flight plans), but normally these applies for flights in and out of the contiguous U.S of A.

For me personally, when local flights are concerned, i just have to "pull the strings" of a certain person whom have access to the ACARS datalink or the flight plans. Otherwise, you can just try to contact the airline directly. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Mmm,

SIA is left with 10 B744s. Most recent plane taken out of service is the sister of the crashed 9V-SPK (SQ 006), 9V-SPL. Of which both planes once carried the tropical Megatop livery. But, i'm quite certain these 3 B744s would be the last to go. -MU, -PP, -PQ. Of which these 3 planes are the only ones that had a repaint. Kinda sad to see them go, but all good things have to come to an end yea? :(

Cowz.
:cry: On a side note, the american space shuttle fleet is also dued to be retired by 2010. There're only 5 more STS missions left officially, Atlantis (OV-104) will be lifting off from the Kennedy Space Center (LC-39A) on the 12th of May 2009 for the final servicing mission to the Hubble Space Telescope (HST). This will also be the second last mission for Atlantis (OV-104).

:cry: On a side note, the american space shuttle fleet is also dued to be retired by 2010. There're only 5 more STS missions left officially, Atlantis (OV-104) will be lifting off from the Kennedy Space Center (LC-39A) on the 12th of May 2009 for the final servicing mission to the Hubble Space Telescope (HST). This will also be the second last mission for Atlantis (OV-104).

Yea..

Sigh, but mmm the russians are pretty quiet in the space sector eh? Wonder what are they doing or up to? Planning another secret big plan?

Cowz.

Mmm,

Cowz.

11 B744s to be exact.

Status
Not open for further replies.