Official Plane Spotting Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks bro ! It has that menacing feel.

Only 2 Apache flew in low and bank right to exit stage follow closely in by the Chinook.
Chop chop done in under 5 mins for the aerial.

Free fall is 5 min at the start of the segment.

Drive in from Tanjong Rhu, just pay the parking, its accessible. Say more the next few days will have the whole paparazzi there if they can figure out the locale.

Thanks bro ! It has that menacing feel.

Only 2 Apache flew in low and bank right to exit stage follow closely in by the Chinook.
Chop chop done in under 5 mins for the aerial.

Free fall is 5 min at the start of the segment.

Drive in from Tanjong Rhu, just pay the parking, its accessible. Say more the next few days will have the whole paparazzi there if they can figure out the locale.

lol...btw, which direction did they fly in and exit from?

From your shoot the Chinhook looks like entrance from SG Flyer side...

Actually all the heli came from normal route from the coast line from the golf course side. At the centre of the barrage they turn in and charge towards the flyer.
Banking right before the flyer and exit towards the east.

For the Chinook, it was hugging closer to the Bay Garden side towards the Flyer. After delivery, it turn back towards the barrage and exit towards Marina South.

Click on my Flickr and you get a rough idea the path. Haven't got time to upload the Lions pics yet.

How come no live firing this year?

BTW, those downwash from the CH-47SD Chinook are like hurricane force winds. Was literally blown off my feet once.

Last edited:
How come no live firing this year?

BTW, those downwash from the CH-47SD Chinook are like hurricane force winds. Was literally blown off my feet once.

In City I don't think want to do that. But they really do use lots of blanks this year on rifle and vehicles. Quite a performance, but the queue was quite long and the seats were a bit tight...

the silver bullet, my 1st catch of this beautiful aircraft on 28May2012 WSSS runway 20R

and also a Martinair Holland

a chinese tail, hahaha!

ph-mps to many confusing identities, afterall is martinair.
u were trying luck for the scoot?

I didn't know there is a scoot air-test that day until I reach there, other spotters share the info with me.
Didn' have a good catch at runway 20C. of the scoot.

my first catch of this Bangkok Airways A319-132 (reg:HS-PGZ) final for 20R with the sun setting over Changi/SIN 05Jun2012

Last edited:
Did anyone else notice the RSAF F-15s practising for what I suspect is the National Day flypast/aerial demo, downtown this morning? It sounded like the windows of my office in Suntec were about to shatter.

Yah, quite some activity today

my first catch of this Bangkok Airways A319-132 (reg:HS-PGZ) final for 20R with the sun setting over Changi/SIN 05Jun2012

Moving on from predominantly military aviation subjects towards civil aviation subjects? :D

Did anyone else notice the RSAF F-15s practising for what I suspect is the National Day flypast/aerial demo, downtown this morning? It sounded like the windows of my office in Suntec were about to shatter.
Yup, right after the conclusion of Shangri-La Dialogue (SLD) 2012 whereby the RSAF has been busy providing Combat Air Patrol (CAP) coverage for some very important delegates. :)

Internal rehearsals for the RSAF will be conducted on every Wednesday from the 6th of June 2012 (2012-06-06) till 20th of June 2012 (2012-06-20) at 0945 hours to 1145 hours (Singapore Standard Time (SST) / Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) +8).

Whereas SAF combined rehearsals including NE shows and the NDP preview will be conducted on every Saturdays with Sundays as an alternative backup day from the 23rd of June 2010 (2012-06-23) till 4th August 2012 (2012-08-04) at 1740 hours to 2000 hours (Singapore Standard Time (SST) / Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) +8).

HTH. ;)

Last edited:
Not moving away from my first love, military aviation. Manage to capture this F-15 yesterday(06062012) landing from runway20, ,my first time seeing it landing from this direction. Hope I got the runway correct.

Last edited:
Nancy-Bird Walton,the aircraft was spotted here at WSSS 05Jun2012 final approach at 20R from LHR.

Hi Bro Erkuan,

Was this around 1100-1200 hrs at 20 for the Eagle ?

Haha...yes it is around that time, i was there shooting birds but def not this bird. Is a shock to me it came landing this direction.

hahaha ! Expect 2 more Wednesdays plus all Rehearsal and actual day. They are practicing recovery route; its gives the impression like the Disney characters Huey, Dewey and Louie swooping in in one of the cartoons of yesteryear.

No Falcons I presume .

hahaha ! Expect 2 more Wednesdays plus all Rehearsal and actual day. They are practicing recovery route; its gives the impression like the Disney characters Huey, Dewey and Louie swooping in in one of the cartoons of yesteryear.

No Falcons I presume .

No falcons over here, only eagles i saw. Yup, swooping in one after another, heheheh !

7166339239_6769a0c696_b.jpg

7166345275_714121b9bb_b.jpg

RSAF F-16 Block 52 Fighting Falcons on short final for Runway 36 of Tengah Air Base (TAB)/WSAT silhouetted by the setting sun as they finally made their way home for the day.

7166341377_bcdfdbb3a5_b.jpg

Republic of Singapore Airforce (RSAF) F-16D Block 52
140 "Osprey" Squadron (SQN) @ Tengah Air Base (TAB)/WSAT

RSAF S/N. 639
Manufacturer S/N. 97-0122

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.