Official Plane Spotting Thread III

How about a meet up together? ;)

8236905175_14027beeed_b.jpg

8237973540_b1087e52d4_b.jpg

Singapore Airlines Cargo (reg:9V-SFM) Boeing 747-412F
03Dec2012

Last edited:
Woohoo! Just over five years of commercially scheduled flight services with revenue paying passengers onboard. First Heavy Maintenance Visit (HMV) for D level or an equivalent MSG-3 structural inspection soon on 9V-SKA?

Last edited:
Wow! This is an incredible shot! Tremendous detail. What lens did you use? Are you able to get more detail out of the main landing gear?

Singapore Airlines Cargo (reg:9V-SFM) Boeing 747-412F
03Dec2012

Wow! This is an incredible shot! Tremendous detail. What lens did you use? Are you able to get more detail out of the main landing gear?

Unfortunately didn't manage to get the main landing gear, cause it is too dark at that time also the thunder storm is just minute away and it won't fit into my lens too. Was
using 70-200 f2.8 mkII and a 2x tc on a 7D.

Woohoo! Just over five years of commercially scheduled flight services with revenue paying passengers onboard. First Heavy Maintenance Visit (HMV) for D level or an equivalent MSG-3 structural inspection soon on 9V-SKA?

Time has really flown (Pardon the pun - unintended) by, hasn't it?

Another A380:

9V-SKT Singapore Airlines Airbus A380-841 by Mark. Wong, on Flickr

Great take!
You inspire me a lot to tidy up my old memory cards one of these days when free or on leave.
I prefer to take clean config once in a while but no luck with 380 so far.

Time has really flown (Pardon the pun - unintended) by, hasn't it?

Another A380:

Great take!
You inspire me a lot to tidy up my old memory cards one of these days when free or on leave.
I prefer to take clean config once in a while but no luck with 380 so far.

I'm heartened to hear that! :) Hope to bump into you sometime. :)

Izzit at east coast park near the sailling club?

Yes, and the surrounding areas. There isn't a specific spot for departing aircraft, moving around would be advised.

I'm heartened to hear that! :) Hope to bump into you sometime. :)

Yes, and the surrounding areas. There isn't a specific spot for departing aircraft, moving around would be advised.

Oh...over there need a big lens...so what lens yoy using?

i aiming to buy the sigma 50-500...

trying some shots first time
DSC_0078.JPG

DSC_0091.JPG

gloomy weather that day, with a drizzle. Was inside car and shot thru windscreen
could hv done excessive processing to hv caused it to look weird.

Wonder what should be the appropriate settings of shutter speed and aperture for plane shots

DSC_0060.JPG