MF/LF Outing - Whampoa , Balestier Trail Part II 25th Feb 2012 afternoon

Lol...Billy was shy initially...can ask him y he agreed to Phil's request to take that pic...haha....thats the trick!

By e way guys...i got a question...
i mean after you guys are so used to seeing LF, and possibly the MF is acceptable....then when u guys travel, what camera do you bring?

I rarely brings a TLR for my trip....now for my China trip in May, im thinking maybe i should...

pikapig said:
i mean after you guys are so used to seeing LF, and possibly the MF is acceptable....then when u guys travel, what camera do you bring?

I rarely brings a TLR for my trip....now for my China trip in May, im thinking maybe i should...

See the purpose of your trip lor. Got time to use MF / LF or not. If I'm alone then my full camera family would be ideal. :)

Wootsk recently went China too with his LF.

See the purpose of your trip lor. Got time to use MF / LF or not. If I'm alone then my full camera family would be ideal. :)

Wootsk recently went China too with his LF.

Hk/ macau is the more recent 1.

China is last last year story liao. I remember not long after coming back from china, i organise the first lf outing @ queenstown after the long break of no lf outing after ktm. Sweat100 is the only lf guy who attended while master billy haven't got his calumet or cambo yet.

wootsk said:
Hk/ macau is the more recent 1.

China is last last year story liao. I remember not long after coming back from china, i organise the first lf outing @ queenstown after the long break of no lf outing after ktm. Sweat100 is the only lf guy who attended while master billy haven't got his calumet or cambo yet.

Good, now under the new boss we r getting stronger... He got power to recruit ppl... Two girls n one lens... Dun pray pray... I think soon sg will have a lf shop ... ;p

I have a friend who bring a full film set oversea. (not including his handphone camera as backup) He uses a press camera with 135mm lens, 2 10 sheet film holder, a rf camera with 2 lens, 4 rolls of 135, Tianya filter set and a gitzo tripod. He uses his rf camera as a light meter.

bro,

giving just my 2 cents worth of advice...

You need to see what is the purpose of your trip.

If you are suppose to go for a honey moon trip with your future wife, please do not bring any camera along... wife is more important.

If you are suppose to go for a family getaway trip, please also do not bring any camera also.... spend some time with your family... they are more important.

If there is no one beside you... BRING WHATEVER YOU WANT LAH !

haha

Ya going with my family, thought of bringing my parent on a tour. Think most probably will bring my dslr and possibly a TLR as back up

That would be ideal, don't let it be in the way, sometimes bring alot also end up in stay i hotel room, bring a digital for recording purpose and probably a film body for personal use and try not to have overlaping focal lengths if nt abit redundant

Thanks Bro..:) de film body is more of a backup in case my dslr low batt or breakdown or loss..sd card corrupted..

Thou nvr experienced before..(touchwood)
But better to have a full mechanic camera with me..:)

Ya think weight is an issue..:)

pikapig said:
Ya going with my family, thought of bringing my parent on a tour. Think most probably will bring my dslr and possibly a TLR as back up

Perhaps you can bring digital as back up, not film as backup. How about this, bring a full analog setup. 1 to 2 RF, 1 TLR. After the trip, print the pictures and give it to your parents so they can share easily. The feel of a print is priceless imo. But that is how I feel, cos my parents always bug me for hard copy instead of soft copy.

A light weight TLR with the standard lens is all you need. Bring lots of film.

With family, probably MF/RF with digital backup. Family shots, candid shots will do.

Alone, LF with digital backup.

Don't let photography get in the way of your holiday!

bro,

giving just my 2 cents worth of advice...
You need to see what is the purpose of your trip.
If you are suppose to go for a honey moon trip with your future wife, please do not bring any camera along... wife is more important.
If you are suppose to go for a family getaway trip, please also do not bring any camera also.... spend some time with your family... they are more important.
If there is no one beside you... BRING WHATEVER YOU WANT LAH !
haha

The Seagull 4B fits any budget. I thought many girls expect to have photo taken during honey moon? :what:

Thanks guy..

Joey, on my last few trips, i always bring a rf + dslr combi, but ended up alot of over lap shots. Quite tiring as well shooting 2 bodies.

Think this trip will be bringing a dslr n a tlr..lots of films..

Patrick
Dslr required since its a family tour, as usual alot of family shots need to trigger off n easier to get ppl to take for us.

Jon
I threw my compact away many yrs back..last yr got a gf1, ended up oso sell it away..still love the clarity n quality from dslr senor.
Haha so this is my only digital camera now. A 60D w 2 lenses..

Thanks guy..
Jon
I threw my compact away many yrs back..last yr got a gf1, ended up oso sell it away..still love the clarity n quality from dslr senor.
Haha so this is my only digital camera now. A 60D w 2 lenses..

LX3 + 2 batteries + 32G fast memory. Very compact and good with family, whether Changi or Shanghai.
DSLR too bulky at times. Even the Nikon 5100+35mm 1.8 is bigger heavier than the Seagull 4B.

Leica Minilux 40mm + lots of 135mm or Seagull 4B-1 + Sekonic. Can easily cover 95% requirements.

If you look carefully here, the Mamiya 7 + 80mm F4 gives the pictures of quality family photo.
DSLR is just snapping. Welcome to Club Snap!

I'm the same as Jon, my digital backup is my LX3. Fast, candid shots with family, big DOF with video. The LX3 sits in a small pouch which is normally on my bag strap or belt for easy access.

Everything else is on film, be it MF, RF or LF.

haha..i got no LX3 guys...okay la, i think progressively will change my system n style of shooting along the path im heading now..
In my last trip to malacca, its pure film, and the earlier trip to vietnam, am using more of my rf compared to DSLR...

Jonathan, u r poisonous...find me a seagull 4B! The one on the website looks quite cui..n don know how to order it from him...so guess i will slowly look ard for a 4B1...oh but i got a Yashica D, just realised in a corner of my dry cabi...maybe shld bring it along...

This round, maybe i can pass my dslr to my sis and see if i can just focus on a tlr...but im too reliant on dslr for landscape shots...arrgghh

Joey, do u bring ur RF with u on trips? When it comes to landscape...how to u shoot it?
For streets, the lenses are relatively good..but when come to landscape...

Last edited:
Hey,

Yea I usually bring a RF with a 50mm, and a MF with wide for landscape with the LX3.

haha..i got no LX3 guys...okay la, i think progressively will change my system n style of shooting along the path im heading now..
In my last trip to malacca, its pure film, and the earlier trip to vietnam, am using more of my rf compared to DSLR...

Jonathan, u r poisonous...find me a seagull 4B! The one on the website looks quite cui..n don know how to order it from him...so guess i will slowly look ard for a 4B1...oh but i got a Yashica D, just realised in a corner of my dry cabi...maybe shld bring it along...

This round, maybe i can pass my dslr to my sis and see if i can just focus on a tlr...but im too reliant on dslr for landscape shots...arrgghh

Joey, do u bring ur RF with u on trips? When it comes to landscape...how to u shoot it?
For streets, the lenses are relatively good..but when come to landscape...