MF/LF Outing - Whampoa , Balestier Trail Part II 25th Feb 2012 afternoon

Hello all!

This is Evie, Phil's girlfriend and well, using his account as well ha ha ha.
My account is currently still in moderation but just thought I'll share the very few images that I took during this outing :>
Sorry I'm late!
Even though my choice of subjects for shooting is rather different, I've learnt quite a bit from this outing.
Am looking forward to future ones! :)

6805870230_be4c20e953_z.jpg

6951983103_9f4d742592_z.jpg

Very nice :thumbsup:

You guys are fortunate generation.
In old times we only could carried the Seagull 4A or the Rolleicord. A Rolleiflex already like extravagance. :angel:

I like de lantern shot! Colors v nice!

i am impressed! Please help teach my wife....:bsmilie:

Hello all!

My account is currently still in moderation but just thought I'll share the very few images that I took during this outing :>
Sorry I'm late!
Even though my choice of subjects for shooting is rather different, I've learnt quite a bit from this outing.

6805870230_be4c20e953_z.jpg

6951983103_9f4d742592_z.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice :thumbsup:

You guys are fortunate generation.
In old times we only could carried the Seagull 4A or the Rolleicord. A Rolleiflex already like extravagance. :angel:

paiseh, u mean in the past film cameras are very expensive? heard 45 enlarger costs 20k in the past, not sure if that's true.

By e way guys, i noticed that alot of u guys are using spotmeter. Is spotmeter more reliable?

Saw a few pentax asahi at very cheap price. What brands r u guys using?

Billy yours seems to have spot as well as ambiance rite?

By e way guys, i noticed that alot of u guys are using spotmeter. Is spotmeter more reliable?

For print film, averaging is good enough.

Spot is useful when the light is very contrasting, and shooting slides.

It is always good to use two meters, to counter check one another.

I am using Minolta flash meter III

Minolta Flash Meter III instruction manual, user manual, free instruction manual, pdf manuals

Minolta Flash Meter III (Multi Mode) - Photo.net Large Format Forum

Yes, you can use an ambient dome to measure the direct lighting ( good for still life or portraits ), or you replace the dome with a spot meter attachment and do spot metering ( 5 degrees ) landscapes.

this is a very old model already...
you should get a Sekonic 758D or something like that... :)

For print film, averaging is good enough.

Spot is useful when the light is very contrasting, and shooting slides.

It is always good to use two meters, to counter check one another.

Thanks, if im shooting negative, its quite forgiving, i just take one meter indoor and outdoor..n calculate from there...

I am using Minolta flash meter III

Minolta Flash Meter III instruction manual, user manual, free instruction manual, pdf manuals

Minolta Flash Meter III (Multi Mode) - Photo.net Large Format Forum

Yes, you can use an ambient dome to measure the direct lighting ( good for still life or portraits ), or you replace the dome with a spot meter attachment and do spot metering ( 5 degrees ) landscapes.

this is a very old model already...
you should get a Sekonic 758D or something like that... :)

Im actually thinking of sekonic l308s...small and compact. I saw u and sk using the spot meter...quite interesting

I use the L308S and find it sufficient. Reflective, incident and flash sync modes.
So far, so good, accurate and it's really compact. Layout and usage is intuitive too.

Might not be the most fancy of meters but for the price, I think it's a good buy!

Thedraperyfalls said:
I use the L308S and find it sufficient. Reflective, incident and flash sync modes.
So far, so good, accurate and it's really compact. Layout and usage is intuitive too.

Might not be the most fancy of meters but for the price, I think it's a good buy!

Hi

How much u paid for it? Get from cathay ?

pei fu ...pei fu...

first time I see a girl handheld ( without neck strap ) and use a "brick" to shoot throughout...
steady hands you have... clap clap clap....

Billy

Hello all!

Sorry I'm late!

pei fu ...pei fu...

first time I see a girl handheld ( without neck strap ) and use a "brick" to shoot throughout...
steady hands you have... clap clap clap....

Billy

Bua Yak in action. :nono:

yeah i am using the pentax asahi spotmeter. This old model usually go for around US$100+ while the pentax digital usually go for $300-400 plus.
It is an old style analogue meter. You set the ISO via a wheel and take a reading via the viewfinder. The needle inside will point to a EV number. Then you refer to the EV number to get the fstop/shutter speed combination on the outer wheel again. There is also no PC sync connector on this meter so you can't use it in a studio to meter the strobe output.

when is spot metering useful ? I found it most useful when you have a sunny spot among a sea of shadows. Spot metering the shadow spot and exposing for that will ensure the shadows parts go dark. I suppose for those who want to do Zone System also have to do spot metering.

anyway if you bring yr Canon DSLR along then you can use its spot meter function or for that matters any of its metering modes will be useful.

Zone system is not easy to practise. Use an averaging to get the general exposure, and spot to fine tune.