D7100 User thread

Can't seems to find the setting to disable the focus assist light. Any advise?

Can't seems to find the setting to disable the focus assist light. Any advise?

It's in custom setting menu. Go thru them u will find it there.

Bought my D7100 bundled with 16-85mm. Nice!! The build is good and with the battery grip, it's stunning.

Bought my D7100 bundled with 16-85mm. Nice!! The build is good and with the battery grip, it's stunning.

is it the 16-85mm DX ? Possible to post us some shots taken from this lens and the 7100 ? ;)

Yes. That's the lens. I have now the 50mm 1.8 mounted. Have not used the 16-85 yet. Will update asap.

is it the 16-85mm DX ? Possible to post us some shots taken from this lens and the 7100 ? ;)

Also would like to share with others the battery grip of the D7100. This grip can be used even if there is no main battery in the camera itself. As the grip comes with 2 tray one for the Nikon battery and the other for the AA batteries, what I did was to put the battery for the camera into the grip and just shoot with it. No battery in the camera. And if battery really runs out, all I need is to buy 6 AA batteries and switch the tray and I am good to go. Tray is light but battery is not. :)

Thank you PinkDevil .... we'll be waiting ;p

how much did you pay for D7100 and MB-D15?

D7100 with AF-S 16-85mm sample image. I think they look decent enough though. Hurry to the Metallica concert. Will post more when I have time.

16mm

85mm

50mm f1.8G

All images by Nikkor Lens. Jpeg straight from cam. No editing.

D7100 with AF-S 16-85mm sample image. I think they look decent enough though. Hurry to the Metallica concert. Will post more when I have time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kiawui/9579720331
16mm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kiawui/9579719761
85mm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kiawui/9582545782
50mm f1.8G

All images by Nikkor Lens. Jpeg straight from cam. No editing.

Thanks :D Your 16-85 image is sharp .... or is it the d7100. I have the 16-85 too but low light shots using this lens is quite disappointing on a d5100

Last edited:
Well, this lens is not that fast for low light. Consider changing to D7100 and yoi can bump up the iso quite a bit. I feel ots quite clean even at 3200. Quite usable. Will post some when I try.

I was very happy with my D7100 and 16-85mm until I found that my Lightroom 3.6 doesn't recognise my camera model. So I upgraded to Lightroom 5. That's where my frustration started. Slow, and cannot export to jpeg after a few editings with message 'insufficient memory'. Any D7100 users have problems with editing softwares?

Last edited:
You mean export from Raw to Jpeg? I have not tried this though. I shoot Raw + Jpeg. But I will go back and try tonight just in case I could not export too after editting.

I was very happy with my D7100 and 16-85mm until I found that my Lightroom 3.6 doesn't recognise my camera model. So I upgraded to Lightroom 5. That's where my frustration started. Slow, and cannot export to jpeg after a few editings with message 'insufficient memory'. Any D7100 users have problems with editing softwares?

You mean export from Raw to Jpeg? I have not tried this though. I shoot Raw + Jpeg. But I will go back and try tonight just in case I could not export too after editting.

yes.. raw to jpeg. But it works after you optimise catalogue or retart Lightroom. Frustrating.

I think its ur computer not the camera. U need more ram.

I have 4gb ram (only 2.99gb usable), using windows 7 pc. What's your advice? In terms of disc space, I have ample. I save my photos on an external HDD.

My experience is i have a 3gb ram core 2 quad computer and I can't process more than 4-5 picture from my D7000 16mpx files without the error message. But when I use my gf's i5 with 8gb ram i never face this problem. Your D7100 shoots at more than 20mpx so i would assume u need around 8 gb to be same. Ram is not very expensive.

My experience is i have a 3gb ram core 2 quad computer and I can't process more than 4-5 picture from my D7000 16mpx files without the error message. But when I use my gf's i5 with 8gb ram i never face this problem. Your D7100 shoots at more than 20mpx so i would assume u need around 8 gb to be same. Ram is not very expensive.

Thanks for the tip. I'll consider upgrading to 8gb ram.