D7100 User thread

if within warranty, then do it. otherwise, save it for future visit

Yeah bro, it's less than 1 month old. Will try to update the firmware first. If cannot then will send to NSC.

Just sent my camera in to NSC regarding the camera freezing, as well as still able to shoot when power off.

The receptionist sent in my camera for the technician to check, came back out within 5 mins, told me nothing wrong with my camera. Issue is due to me setting the "Camera Sensor Cleaning during Power On/Off" on. I was like, :what:. I don't accept this explaination, told them that this shouldn't be the cause of the problem, my previous D90 doesn't have this issue. And i even demonstrated to them that i am still able to shoot with the camera off, which their demo set in the showroom doesn't have this issue. In the end, left my camera at NSC for further diagnosis.

What i am trying to say is, are the technicians trying to smoke through with some explainations which doesn't make sense at all? If i didn't stand firm, i will be collecting back my faulty camera thinking that nothing is wrong with it. At least, the attitude and service by the receptionist and the other staff who attended to me is pretty friendly and nice. To all those who are sending in your equipments to NSC, know what the faults are, be firm and insist your equipments be checked thoroughly.

Just sent my camera in to NSC regarding the camera freezing, as well as still able to shoot when power off.

The receptionist sent in my camera for the technician to check, came back out within 5 mins, told me nothing wrong with my camera. Issue is due to me setting the "Camera Sensor Cleaning during Power On/Off" on. I was like, :what:. I don't accept this explaination, told them that this shouldn't be the cause of the problem, my previous D90 doesn't have this issue. And i even demonstrated to them that i am still able to shoot with the camera off, which their demo set in the showroom doesn't have this issue. In the end, left my camera at NSC for further diagnosis.

What i am trying to say is, are the technicians trying to smoke through with some explainations which doesn't make sense at all? If i didn't stand firm, i will be collecting back my faulty camera thinking that nothing is wrong with it. At least, the attitude and service by the receptionist and the other staff who attended to me is pretty friendly and nice. To all those who are sending in your equipments to NSC, know what the faults are, be firm and insist your equipments be checked thoroughly.

wow, thanks bro for the update and advice. hope your beast can be ready soon!

Did anyone here upgraded from d7000? What were the main factors?

Would love to see the issue in a video post

hi all, recently i had a unpleasant issue with my D7000, while half way thru shooting outdoor. my D7000 experience card error, at first it just shut down and switch on will be fine. but after couples of days, it jam for a long time during baffling the image while i only taking single shot at most of the time. resulting i had to reset all the setting. so it work back to normal. then the final came just last week i took out to clean and test again. i try insert my memory card in to both slot, it went error, not matter how i restart or reset my camera it just goes on error card. so i bought 1 sandisk extreme 16Gb 45mb/s class 10 to test again it went off the same. my shutter count currently is only 25k+. even i try to switch on while the card is insert or off it show error card.

currently i am using 2 x sandisk Ultra 16Gb 30mb/s class 10
2 x sandisk extreme 16Gb 45mb/s class 10

I need your help if anyone experience this problem before. some say get a new card and try again but fact is i have try but it could't solve the issue

I suggest bringing it to Nikon Service Centre. They are the best people to check for you.

I suggest bringing it to Nikon Service Centre. They are the best people to check for you.

hi pinkdevil. i preparing to bring it to nikon although the warranty is over gotta spend $$$. I read a lot of comment at youtube where many suffer the same issue. some dun even suffer for long after purchasing and this happen.. well i am preparing for D750. hope not issue

Thanks

D750 seems like a very nice camera. But my D7100 is still going strong. Moreover, no budget approval for new camera. So need to wait a few years more.

Any information from NSC kindly update us here. Good luck!