Beginners Outing(Part 13)-Tiong Bahru Estate on the 10 July(Photos thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey bro, dont care what others say when you cannot see the halo when it is not obvious..
even i cant see that -.-!

some people eyes are just too sharp or what la.
these kind of ppl kay pa lan one.

well, i really do appreciate the feedback given, as on hindsight and looking back on the picture, there really is a halo. Will just have to be more mindful when i carry out PP in the future :)

well, i really do appreciate the feedback given, as on hindsight and looking back on the picture, there really is a halo. Will just have to be more mindful when i carry out PP in the future :)

haha dont need to care much about those who think so highly of themself :D ~
and that person, his pic is not even hit the professional level yet still talk big :D ~
and like chap ji ka here.

and that person, his pic is not even hit the professional level yet still talk big :D ~

You're talking about ZCA right?War's gonna start...

I kinda like the halo actually.

Let's not start a war guys.. Photography is so subjective. What may seem like a strong picture to some may seem technically unsound and weak composition wise to others.

Take all feedback positively, cause there's always some positives to be taken from a 3rd party perspective

You're talking about ZCA right?War's gonna start...
no la... no point to start war online...
so what if he hates me... I got better things to do than fret about such things.

Let those people who have been to the Newbies Outings or to Dingaroo's outings and the Beginner's Outings judge for themselves.
This is not a competition to see who's the better photographer.
I give critique. You (not referring to you, Cleonbus) don't like. I move on.

Ok here are some of my photos. I am the guy with the hat.

4786630090_144c21dea1_b.jpg

4785998259_a42dd3567d_b.jpg

4786630958_8af3659685_b.jpg

Here you see two maids chatting. The other is on the top left window.

Hope you like them.

Alfarabi

no la... no point to start war online...
so what if he hates me... I got better things to do than fret about such things.

Let those people who have been to the Newbies Outings or to Dingaroo's outings and the Beginner's Outings judge for themselves.
This is not a competition to see who's the better photographer.
I give critique. You (not referring to you, Cleonbus) don't like. I move on.

Cleon, maybe for once, you should try to attend ZCA's Newbies' outing. I've attended once at his Stadium Waterfront. His group is big, real big. But, he organizes his outing very well, and of course the people. Although there were many newbies, I would still get some help from the seniors, who goes around the newbies, and guide the newbies. Also, I get to learn more than talk more.

4786630090_144c21dea1_b.jpg

4786630958_8af3659685_b.jpg

Here you see two maids chatting. The other is on the top left window.

Hope you like them.

Alfarabi

Nicely done :) like #3 and the framing using the trees

Cleon, maybe for once, you should try to attend ZCA's Newbies' outing. I've attended once at his Stadium Waterfront. His group is big, real big. But, he organizes his outing very well, and of course the people. Although there were many newbies, I would still get some help from the seniors, who goes around the newbies, and guide the newbies. Also, I get to learn more than talk more.

thank you for the kind words.

Dingaroo is organizing a Newbies Outing on 21 July. I have tentatively put my name down on the list. If anyone wants to come but really hate me and don't want to see my face, just let me know and I'll remove myself from the list.

cheers,

Hope you like them.

Alfarabi

Did you do some perspective correction to this photo? Your verticals are quite... vertical! :)
Well done.
If there was something in the foreground (other than the 2 x yellow-black poles), I think it will make the photo nicer.

@ZCA: Errr...no I didn't do any perspective correction. I think I had the benefit of lugging a heavy tripod :) I had time to compose and tried my best to align this building properly.

I agree about the foreground thing. I was trying to "get something" (like a vegetable basket) but alas nothing was there :p

Still thanks for the feedback. This is really my first street outing. I have almost always been shooting macro.

@Scoop: Thanks for your kind comments. I personally feel that the whites (clouds) were too washed out. But I wanted the details in the tree branches. So I went for that and got those washed out clouds.

Last edited:
@Scoop: Thanks for your kind comments. I personally feel that the whites (clouds) were too washed out. But I wanted the details in the three branches. So I went for that and got those washed out clouds.

yea, guess you can't get the best of both worlds.. heh.. but it's still a good take nonetheless

add me to the KAY PA LAN list,

i don't even know what that means, but it sounds cool, and i see the halo. :)
I don't know what Kay Pa Lan means but I see the halo as well. It should generally be avoided in editing though. Maybe localized editing and blending will help.

I don't know what Kay Pa Lan means but I see the halo as well. It should generally be avoided in editing though. Maybe localized editing and blending will help.

yea, am looking at the RAW file now and the halo is already visible.. most probably from the backlighting.. my conversion to B&W and subsequent contrast adjustments made it all the more visible.. will experiment with localized and editing and blending and see how it turns out :)

Cheers

hey bro, dont care what others say when you cannot see the halo when it is not obvious..
even i cant see that -.-!

some people eyes are just too sharp or what la.
these kind of ppl kay pa lan one.

Waaaa, like that I am also "kay pa lan" and "chap ji ka".. whatever those terms mean.

Ya. I see the Halo also. And so did Scoop himself. Nothing wrong with making mistakes. We all do. But people point out not to put people down, but in the spirit of helping each other out.

I rather shoot with people and show pics to people who can tell me what is not right about my pictures, than a bunch of people who come here show off all their Ls and say things like KPL or CJK... whatever those terms mean.

yea, am looking at the RAW file now and the halo is already visible.. most probably from the backlighting.. my conversion to B&W and subsequent contrast adjustments made it all the more visible.. will experiment with localized and editing and blending and see how it turns out :)

Cheers

Hey Scoop, it may be due to the D-lighting (or Canon equivalent, if you are using Canon) settings in your RAW converter (look at fill-light if using LR). Try to zero them out and see if the halo are still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.