Beginners Outing(Part 54)-Wessex Estate on the 19 February(Photos thread)

np. anyway.. your photo wad are you trying to show? its half way here or there..:think:

Well, can't expect much from a newbie photog, right? :embrass:

Ok, just kidding. Can't really give any excuses for poor composition. To be honest, the original plan was to capture the train just before its top got 'chopped' off by the upper right corner of the frame, except that the trigger finger didn't want to react fast enough.

Cleonbus said:
You should have used a faster shutter speed as they travel very fast
:)

I was on 1/250, F4...come to think of it, perhaps a smaller aperture would have done the trick?

Well, can't expect much from a newbie photog, right? :embrass:

Ok, just kidding. Can't really give any excuses for poor composition. To be honest, the original plan was to capture the train just before its top got 'chopped' off by the upper right corner of the frame, except that the trigger finger didn't want to react fast enough.

I was on 1/250, F4...come to think of it, perhaps a smaller aperture would have done the trick?

lolx.. yap.. its more of a food for thought for you. Think of the outcome before you shoot. Picture it in your mind first. ^^

of course composition wise it comes with practice.. You will get a hand of it after that.

I was on 1/250, F4...come to think of it, perhaps a smaller aperture would have done the trick?[/QUOTE]

If your use smaller aperture it will add more blurry to your that image. Because if you small down your aperture the camera need more light, then your speed will be slow down too.

If your use smaller aperture it will add more blurry to your that image. Because if you small down your aperture the camera need more light, then your speed will be slow down too.

Yup agreed, smaller aperture means slower shutter speed. :)

Ok here's some of the pics which I took during the outing.. hope you like it

My Group
5473677308_ca91f9abb3.jpg

The place we visited
5473680138_f5d9d83958.jpg

KTM Train
5473082841_1819a5d74b.jpg

A Link to the Past - Those were the days...
5473675620_2f79bec880.jpg

Wine Advertisement
5473077911_e90d296260.jpg

u can be their train manager liao.. so knowledgeable of their train schedule and places..

He is just obessed with it.. Look @ how many pictures he took in his FB.. haha.. i m like only less than 10% worth of his.. haha :bsmilie:

Here's mine.

C&C welcome. Thanks.

edd.jpg

wdfw.jpg

dbf.jpg

dfe.jpg

22w.jpg

out of curiosity, since we are still on the topic of street photography:

Does the newsroom principle of 'F8 and be there' apply to street photography?

huh? wad F8 to be there?
I think it's an old saying/guideline/principle for news organization PJs to care less about the technical details, just put F8 to make everything sharp and take a simple shot