Beginners Outing(Part 13)-Tiong Bahru Estate on the 10 July(Photos thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waaaa, like that I am also "kay pa lan" and "chap ji ka".. whatever those terms mean.

Ya. I see the Halo also. And so did Scoop himself. Nothing wrong with making mistakes. We all do. But people point out not to put people down, but in the spirit of helping each other out.

I rather shoot with people and show pics to people who can tell me what is not right about my pictures, than a bunch of people who come here show off all their Ls and say things like KPL or CJK... whatever those terms mean.

haaa...yeah im lost at what kay pa lan means...yup we are all here to learn...so take all criticism constructively..:) cheers!

Hey Scoop, it may be due to the D-lighting (or Canon equivalent, if you are using Canon) settings in your RAW converter (look at fill-light if using LR). Try to zero them out and see if the halo are still there.
Ooh, yeah - might be due to that as well. The Canon approximations are Highlight Tone Priority and Auto Lighting Optimizer.

Last edited:
Hey Scoop, it may be due to the D-lighting (or Canon equivalent, if you are using Canon) settings in your RAW converter (look at fill-light if using LR). Try to zero them out and see if the halo are still there.

Thanks DD123. Will try that out. I've more or less managed to get rid of the halo, now it's just about bringing back the mood and getting the building to stand out again :)

Gotta improve on my PP that's for sure. haha.. ;p

One more shot. I call it "Greying Tiong Bahru". The emptiness reflects perhaps the greying population in Tiong Bahru.

4786180763_d907d961db_b.jpg

Thanks DD123. Will try that out. I've more or less managed to get rid of the halo, now it's just about bringing back the mood and getting the building to stand out again :)

Gotta improve on my PP that's for sure. haha.. ;p

If you want to get the shadow details out again, and find that "fill-light" gives you a halo, what you can do is to use a brush to increase exposure and masking out what you don't want to brighten. It is more accurate that way, but will take more time to do.

HTH

haaa...yeah im lost at what kay pa lan means...yup we are all here to learn...so take all criticism constructively..:) cheers!

Chill people. We are all civilized people and let's all behave like a mature adult. I may not know most of you well but we all have a common thing which bring all of us together is photography. All of us are not perfect. Newbie like me would want to learn as much as possible from you people. Each and everyone of our taste and expectation is different so let's put those different expectation and taste to good use :cool:

Some of the outing cater to certain people while some do not like for me I'm working on weekdays and certain outing start at 6PM due to the sunset etc. I knock off at 6PM these kind its quite impossible to join thus able to make it on weekends only. So ya, to those who are organizing it might want to consider certain outing put on weekend? Just a suggestion from my view as a working person whose office hour time ends at 6PM not 5 / 5.30PM those kind :cry:

One more shot. I call it "Greying Tiong Bahru". The emptiness reflects perhaps the greying population in Tiong Bahru.

4786180763_d907d961db_b.jpg

Hey alfarabi,

since the title of this picture is "Greying Tiong Bahru", maybe you could convert this picture into B&W? :dunno: just a thought :)

Chill people. We are all civilized people and let's all behave like a mature adult. I may not know most of you well but we all have a common thing which bring all of us together is photography. All of us are not perfect. Newbie like me would want to learn as much as possible from you people. Each and everyone of our taste and expectation is different so let's put those different expectation and taste to good use...

It is obvious that some people are less mature than others. But it is ok. Part of the journey for them, part of growing up.

But seriously, having different taste is one thing. And has nothing to do with what was wrong here. But the attitude... :thumbsd:

I think it is generation gap la. Oldies like us are not up with the times and the lingo of the youths of today.

Yes, I agree... constructive criticism on we go!

It is obvious that some people are less mature than others. But it is ok. Part of the journey for them, part of growing up.

But seriously, having different taste is one thing. And has nothing to do with what was wrong here. But the attitude... :thumbsd:

haha.. daredevil123 nth wrong wif e comments la to me its still alright.. maybe sometime is the tone that sounds so wrong to others. Other than that, I felt overall its still alright.

haha.. daredevil123 nth wrong wif e comments la to me its still alright.. maybe sometime is the tone that sounds so wrong to others. Other than that, I felt overall its still alright.

Hey, like I said. People see right and wrong differently. Different moral standards, different sense of decorum and etiquette.

Whatever rocks your boat bro.

i just cant stand people who thinks so highly of themselves.
the way he comment is like "OH I AM SO GREAT".

and really generation gap..
ah pek is ah pek.
kids are kids.

i just cant stand people who thinks so highly of themselves.
the way he comment is like "OH I AM SO GREAT".

and really generation gap..
ah pek is ah pek.
kids are kids.

I read thru all the posts. ZCA did not ever say he is great or even said he is good in ANY of the posts. Nor did I sense any insinuation from him that suggests he has that attitude.

If you cannot take the comments. Then don't reply, or better still, don't post your pictures here. You can go live in your own world and feel all good about your pics.

Worse still, the pics which the comments were targetted were not even from you. And the person who took the pic, actually learnt something here, from the critiques. Which means, it is not even you place to say anything at all.

You are very right about one thing though = You are a kid. Your actions and the way you carry yourself proves it.

Erm....
Shoot more talk less please.... :) what i really feel at this digital age is... you must really go down to know a person before commenting on someone... with all of us hiding behind a computer screen, tensions and bad blood sometimes arises due to some misunderstanding...

i met ZCA before twice and i like the way he carries himself in person... simple and humble...
maybe u all should meet up for a coffee to clear up the air... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.