Beginners Outing(Part 13)-Tiong Bahru Estate on the 10 July(Photos thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think i got rid of the halo.. Let me know what you think.

4786338189_09d7863cc7.jpg

Hmmm, i think its generally acceptable.. maybe juz a little at the edge on the top of the building towards the clouds.. good job Scoop :)

Last edited:

Most of it is gone bro. Good job. The little left, I think it is impossible to remove.

I think it is the sensor's reaction to the extreme contrast between shadows and highlights.

Good job!

Bro. Don't worry. I am very chilled. ;)

Just stating the obvious.

Ok I will stop here. no more comments from me here in this thread.

wow, you guys are amazing, juz 1 day n i got so many comments to read.. peace guys :)
i appreciate everyone's feedbacks n comments on this particular outing.. in terms of photography i know the pics are nt there.. but still there's learning n hopefully we will be able to pick up the skills that we need to improve..

This also applies to our interaction/communciation skills.. and i m thankful to meet many of fellow photographers..

Hopefully we can take this group up a level from here..

Hmmm, i think its generally acceptable.. maybe juz a little at the edge on the top of the building towards the clouds.. :)

Most of it is gone bro. Good job. The little left, I think it is impossible to remove.

I think it is the sensor's reaction to the extreme contrast between shadows and highlights.

Good job!

Thanks! :) will definitely be more mindful of the PP I apply going forward.

Cheers

Hi Longshu, can't help but notice that all your pictures are soft. Just wondering what settings you're using..:dunno:

eh... sry but can use english? newbie here so... soft means?

I was mainly shooting in P mode so i guess did nothing to rectify or do anything mainly. Mainly point and shoot most of the time. Lazy day mood... =)

Thanks! :) will definitely be more mindful of the PP I apply going forward.

Cheers

Scoop, PP means photoshop is it? But yes now that u change, i did notice the difference in the pictures. Just that I wont realise anything wrong with your pico originally ya. ;p

eh... sry but can use english? newbie here so... soft means?

I was mainly shooting in P mode so i guess did nothing to rectify or do anything mainly. Mainly point and shoot most of the time. Lazy day mood... =)

Soft in this case means not sharp, ie. not in focus for the subjects in your pics :)

Scoop, PP means photoshop is it? But yes now that u change, i did notice the difference in the pictures. Just that I wont realise anything wrong with your pico originally ya. ;p

PP = post processing.. the prob with his earlier pics is the Halo effect, notice his original pic that around the building there is like glowing? This is usually happens in HDR shots or in this case, probably becos of the flare or when applying D-lighting to the pic

Erm....
Shoot more talk less please.... :) what i really feel at this digital age is... you must really go down to know a person before commenting on someone... with all of us hiding behind a computer screen, tensions and bad blood sometimes arises due to some misunderstanding...

i met ZCA before twice and i like the way he carries himself in person... simple and humble...
maybe u all should meet up for a coffee to clear up the air... ;)

Hi BD, I cant agree more with you. The idea of being behind a screen is really bad. With advancments in technology which saves us lots of time, we still 'dun hv the time to meet'

And come on guys, lets give Axis a break ya. If as mention being mature adults taking constructive critism, why bash him up? Aint that bringing us to the same level as you are saying he is? I do not think anyone is there so yeah, hv a drink, im sure as BD pointed out, all shld be cool. I hv the chance to meet axis in person so yeah, I do not think of him as being pointed out here too. Just like how the rest could hv vouch for zca.

In a way, Im glad that all hv decided to stop this. If we all take a step back, Im sure we can all take a lesson from it too.

Constructive:thumbsup: heres how we shld be doing it.

Soft in this case means not sharp, ie. not in focus for the subjects in your pics :)

PP = post processing.. the prob with his earlier pics is the Halo effect, notice his original pic that around the building there is like glowing? This is usually happens in HDR shots or in this case, probably becos of the flare or when applying D-lighting to the pic

thx isaac, erm... how to tell if the subject is sharp or not and how to improve on that? thanx

so, all photos to be posted needs to process first or erm... i shld say, most of our 'works' needs to be process to make it better right?

i notice the glow and i saw it in the forum where alot of ppl posted their HDR shots. its like very noticable. =p then i now can relate that to 'halo' =p

It's terribly rude to photograph people whilst they're sleeping...
especially so close up. What are you trying to convey?

point taken. guess i was trying to capture the moment. having said that, i reckon its rude anyway to shoot at ppl who dun know u are shooting them too right?

i see yr point and i see how the comments later escalated. But as mention, we shld meet ya. So as to smooth out 'binary codes' here with human touch. ;)

thx isaac, erm... how to tell if the subject is sharp or not and how to improve on that? thanx

so, all photos to be posted needs to process first or erm... i shld say, most of our 'works' needs to be process to make it better right?

i notice the glow and i saw it in the forum where alot of ppl posted their HDR shots. its like very noticable. =p then i now can relate that to 'halo' =p

Hey longshu,

i guess sharpness is also a matter of perception. More importantly, it's getting the right focus on the right subject, so that you can bring across what you are trying to emphasize.

Whether or not you wish to process your pictures before posting is really of personal preference. I guess it's also about one wanting to showcase something that has been polished and refined, something where effort has been put in.

Are the majority of us here just camera slinging individuals who take shots for the sake of doing so? No, we do it cos we want to produce something meaningful and capture something which is photo-worthy.

Hey longshu,

i guess sharpness is also a matter of perception. More importantly, it's getting the right focus on the right subject, so that you can bring across what you are trying to emphasize.

Whether or not you wish to process your pictures before posting is really of personal preference. I guess it's also about one wanting to showcase something that has been polished and refined, something where effort has been put in.

Are the majority of us here just camera slinging individuals who take shots for the sake of doing so? No, we do it cos we want to produce something meaningful and capture something which is photo-worthy.

Bingo~ :bsmilie: x2

If not it will just be another piece of necklace over you.. is that what you want to be known as? the man with the DSLR? or you go do becos of the passion to create a light art for others to appreciate? the photographer? you decide for yourselves..

Last edited:
Hey longshu,

oh ok. i do reckon i will need to work lots on part 1. and part 2... oh no... i got new thing to learn and polish up. yes, i wanna capture and hv good picos too. I understand what you mean ya. So as to this, using programs like cs4 or anything to recommend? thanx

Bingo~ :bsmilie: x2

If not it will just be another piece of necklace over you.. is that what you want to be known as? the man with the DSLR? or you go do becos of the passion to create a light art for others to appreciate? the photographer?

hahaa... im not anywhere near there yet but yes, i will wanna hv better moments. The main thing I like to shoot are ppl. Landscaping is really an art from the shots I've seen from you guys and many others including the likes of dd123, zca, zelot and etc.

think next time gotta make tcss session more technical. eh... hopefully not too tiring a day ya. =p

Hi guys,

Can anybody tell how to pics here? I think it may need hosting on any other site first...

oh ok. i do reckon i will need to work lots on part 1. and part 2... oh no... i got new thing to learn and polish up. yes, i wanna capture and hv good picos too. I understand what you mean ya. So as to this, using programs like cs4 or anything to recommend? thanx

Adobe Lightroom 2 or 3 would be a good choice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.