Perth and Western Australia

Thanks for the tip bro..
Aw darn... I'm going Currie...

Are you from UWA too? Wouldn't hurt to feel more Singapore in a foreign land.

Heater? I love cold weather man . Doubt it can get as cold as Germany , minus 2 to plus 5 at around 6 - 7am in March

Yes, from many many many moons ago (about a decade?) .... back when you can meet Kim Beazley buying his Sunday papers from the newsagent along Broadway.

Let not OOT too much, if you need some info on UWA and about life studying there, drop me a PM.

Summers can be quite horrible (I personally experienced 42 and survived .... barely). Winter is generally wet and cold with lots of heavy rain. Lowest I had was 0 in Perth itself. Most of the time it is single digit till about 11am during Winter. Slowly warms up and then dips back down again at around 4pm.

Nowhere as cold as Germany, so you are pretty safe. Electric blanket will be a good friend :)

Lots of photo opportunities if time permits. Lovely sunrises at the top of Kings Park, and warm sunsets at Cottesloe.

Such wonderful memories ........ aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh :cool:

weather will be cooling... autumn season~
lowest would be ard 4-9deg cuz currently its ard 9deg plus minus.

a great place for farm stay at Margaret river would be Sunflowers Animal Farm & Farm Stay (http://www.sunflowersfarm.com/), i visited the place a couple of times. OR Red Gate Farm Stay (http://www.redgatefarmstay.com.au/).

as for Albany, have a search & read at http://www.albanytourist.com.au

hope it helps. =)

THanks for your infor.

Hi

I'm heading down to WA during July. I heard its winter season. I wonder if there's anything to do since its winter. I was planning of a road trip from Perth down Albany and also along the costal towns of WA.

Any advice/suggestions?

Yes, from many many many moons ago (about a decade?) .... back when you can meet Kim Beazley buying his Sunday papers from the newsagent along Broadway.

Let not OOT too much, if you need some info on UWA and about life studying there, drop me a PM.

Summers can be quite horrible (I personally experienced 42 and survived .... barely). Winter is generally wet and cold with lots of heavy rain. Lowest I had was 0 in Perth itself. Most of the time it is single digit till about 11am during Winter. Slowly warms up and then dips back down again at around 4pm.

Nowhere as cold as Germany, so you are pretty safe. Electric blanket will be a good friend :)

Lots of photo opportunities if time permits. Lovely sunrises at the top of Kings Park, and warm sunsets at Cottesloe.

Such wonderful memories ........ aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh :cool:

It actually did break below 0 before a couple of years back. Got to almost -1.

Speaking of Marg river. I just came back. Stayed at a wonderful B&B. It's an old couple who runs this place. I've stayed in a few nice places before (hotel suites)... and this place is absolutely wonderful. They only have 1 apartment/house for rent.. so the only issue would be availability. They provide great bfasts!

Arrunga Bed & Breakfast 47 Sonning Loop, Yallingup WA 6282 Australia

Germany is such a nice place. Been there twice so far. I managed to flag down a BMW 745 taxi while i was there the first time. :D About the food being extremely salty, it really depends on what you order. I've stayed there for about a month+ in total and found the food pretty good (maybe it's just me). Some stuff were definitely salty like the fried prok knuckles and the sauerkraut ... however you spell it... If you have the chance try the steamed pork knuckle. It's much nicer! A bit harder to find thou.