Western Australia August 09

Status
Not open for further replies.

yewkwang

Aug 18, 2009
www.yewkwangphotography.com
Was in Western Australia, mainly Perth, Fremantle, Margaret River and Augusta Town. Its winter time, weather was cold and windy plus occasional heavy rain. Pretty cloudy but sky clears up after raining. Below are some photos for sharing ...

Busselton Jetty...
img_0320e3.jpg

Crawley Edge Boatshed...
img_0145e3.jpg

Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse...
img_0856e1.jpg

Perth Train Station...
img_2650e2.jpg

Railway signboard at Fremantle
img_3018e1.jpg

Last edited:
Perth is truly a pretty place. :)

More photos to share...

Fremantle Prison...
img_2964e1cs.jpg

Fremantle Market...
img_3004e1cs.jpg

City Beach...
img_1945e1cs.jpg

Cape Naturaliste...
img_1621e1cs.jpg

Old Traffic Bridge...
img_1874e1cs.jpg

well taken pictures :thumbsup: with good coverage...almost like what was taught in the photog workshop!

Like the turkeys on the street..so funny.

esther

Small photo size doesn't make justice to your excellent shots. I like them all very much and don't want to pick up any in particular. More to come, waiting here :cool:.

well taken pictures :thumbsup: with good coverage...almost like what was taught in the photog workshop!

Like the turkeys on the street..so funny.

esther

thanks esther...
I dunno why but the turkeys saw us and followed my friend onto the road.. maybe she looks like delicious worms... lol...

Small photo size doesn't make justice to your excellent shots. I like them all very much and don't want to pick up any in particular. More to come, waiting here :cool:.

thanks Lokomotiv,

I downsize the file for easier viewing ...
There are many photos which I haven't sorted out yet :)

Hi there,

Am going to Perth, Australia tomorrow. Care to share the gear you brought for this trip? Cos i think i am bringing abit too much gear for a 5 day trip.~

Btw, loved your photos~

Cheers~

Hi there,

Am going to Perth, Australia tomorrow. Care to share the gear you brought for this trip? Cos i think i am bringing abit too much gear for a 5 day trip.~

Btw, loved your photos~

Cheers~

Hi Snapperholic,

Glad to know you like the photos...

I prefer to travel light so I only brought a D700, 24-70, 70-300 and a fisheye 10mm..

Am shooting with wide angle most of the time. Hardly get to change lens especially on coastal and beach area, its very windy and high chances that sands will get into the camera, you can even feel sands hitting on your face :bsmilie:

The weather is very unpredictable, it can change from bright blue sky to showers within a couple of minutes, just make sure you have your wind breaker with you everywhere you go.

Which part of Perth are you going?

I guess these are not Turkeys. They are Guinea Fowl : )

yup, those aren't turkeys. Anyways, travel light? That seems packing to me.

But my friend, those are really good photos. I love the dreamy vivid feel on those.
Very very cute.I'm so going to Perth.

Hi Snapperholic,

Glad to know you like the photos...

I prefer to travel light so I only brought a D700, 24-70, 70-300 and a fisheye 10mm..

Am shooting with wide angle most of the time. Hardly get to change lens especially on coastal and beach area, its very windy and high chances that sands will get into the camera, you can even feel sands hitting on your face :bsmilie:

The weather is very unpredictable, it can change from bright blue sky to showers within a couple of minutes, just make sure you have your wind breaker with you everywhere you go.

Which part of Perth are you going?

Wow~ You actually call that light..... Hmm...
Was thinking of carrying
1) Canon 40D
2) Canon 70200F4
3) Sigma 30F1.4
4) Canon 1740F4
5) Contemplating on the tripod.

Hmm. unpredictable weather....

Going to the following locations:
1) Fremantle
2) Farm Stay
3) Maybe Caversham Wildlife park (worth going?)
4) Maybe Swan Valley (Worth going?)
5) Harbour town

This is actually a free and easy trip. problem is going with my family (3 elderly) therefore the above choices. Do you have any reccomendations?

yup, those aren't turkeys. Anyways, travel light? That seems packing to me.

But my friend, those are really good photos. I love the dreamy vivid feel on those.
Very very cute.I'm so going to Perth.

My gears are quite light, i remove the vertical grip on the camera and the 70-300mm is a F4.5-F5.6, I will faint if I carry the 70-200mm F2.8 lens ;p, and I managed to pack everything into a small camera bag of 10"x8"x8"

I am sure you will enjoy yourself in Perth, how I wish I am I still there :)

Wow~ You actually call that light..... Hmm...
Was thinking of carrying
1) Canon 40D
2) Canon 70200F4
3) Sigma 30F1.4
4) Canon 1740F4
5) Contemplating on the tripod.

Hmm. unpredictable weather....

Going to the following locations:
1) Fremantle
2) Farm Stay
3) Maybe Caversham Wildlife park (worth going?)
4) Maybe Swan Valley (Worth going?)
5) Harbour town

This is actually a free and easy trip. problem is going with my family (3 elderly) therefore the above choices. Do you have any reccomendations?

Your plan locations sounds good...

Fremantle is a nice town, very easy to move around and a lot of opportunity to take photos. However do note that Fremantle market is only open on Friday to Sunday :)

I don't have time to visit Caversham Wildlife Park but its a nice place to go if you wants to see all the animals, especially Koala where you can't catch it anywhere on the road :bsmilie:

You can try Kings Park, I went there early in the morning, it was cool and very relaxing... be prepared to do a bit of walking....

I brought a tripod but it was inside the car throughout the journey... Tripod is good for nice scenary but I am around coastal or beach area during sunset and it was to windy to setup Tripod..

One more thing worth noting is that the sunset very early, about 5:30pm... so the day becomes pretty short....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.