Perth & Western Australia

Hello,

I have encountered some problems planning my trip to Perth, hope you can answer them.

1. Can you recommend me some attraction that I should visit in Perth? There seems to be quite a few attraction like Fremantle Prison, Kings Park, Bell Tower, Perth Mint and Western Australia.
  2. Where can I get the best view of the city skyline?
  3. This is not realted to Perth: Do you think a 4WD is needed if I would be driving to Albany and Pinnacles in Cervantes. It's about AU$ 20 more than an ordinary car.
  4. Is there a map of petrol station especially along highways?

Thanks, please help me out.

Last edited:
Can't do much for the rest of your queries but a 4WD is certainly not needed to get to the Pinnacles Desert

Well, you can always go down south of Perth towards Busselton, Margaret River and beyond.

As for petrol stations, you shouldnt have any problems looking for petrol stations along the major highways/freeways (those 3-4 laned ones).

For the trip up to the Pinnacles, I took this route which is a single carriageway, and there was not many petrol stations along the way. (only ONE, which is the one i made a stop). I think there is another route up, do check that out.

Otherwise, just ensure you;ve got a full tank before you leave a major town.

Good Luck for your trip. You'll love Perth, I noe I did!

And no, you do not need a 4X4 for the pinnacles, I saw a Kia Picanto up there!

I rented a Toyota Estima & drove there. I was there 12 days & drove nearly 5000KM.

You miss out waverock

PERTHWATRIP359.jpg

PERTHWATRIP351.jpg

PERTHWATRIP341.jpg

PERTHWATRIP326.jpg

PERTHWATRIP326.jpg

PERTHWATRIP321.jpg

PERTHWATRIP319.jpg

PERTHWATRIP314.jpg

PERTHWATRIP271.jpg

PERTHWATRIP263.jpg

PERTHWATRIP207.jpg

PERTHWATRIP203.jpg

PERTHWATRIP190.jpg

PERTHWATRIP185.jpg

PERTHWATRIP180.jpg

PERTHWATRIP171.jpg

PERTHWATRIP159.jpg

PERTHWATRIP236.jpg

PERTHWATRIP235.jpg

PERTHWATRIP211.jpg

PERTHWATRIP154.jpg

PERTHWATRIP148.jpg

PERTHWATRIP147.jpg

PERTHWATRIP135.jpg

PERTHWATRIP123.jpg

PERTHWATRIP120.jpg

PERTHWATRIP099.jpg

PERTHWATRIP091.jpg

PERTHWATRIP079.jpg

PERTHWATRIP053.jpg

PERTHWATRIP044.jpg

PERTHWATRIP025.jpg

PERTHWATRIP020.jpg

PERTHWATRIP008.jpg

PERTHWATRIP006.jpg

My pics are not in seq, above are some of the places I went. Hope you will enjoy it, have a good trip.

u can go Burnburry..
go to some of wildpark also..
WA is a big state...u can go to many places...

hope u enjoy ur trip....
:):):):)

Hello,

I have encountered some problems planning my trip to Perth, hope you can answer them.

1. Can you recommend me some attraction that I should visit in Perth? There seems to be quite a few attraction like Fremantle Prison, Kings Park, Bell Tower, Perth Mint and Western Australia.
  3. This is not realted to Perth: Do you think a 4WD is needed if I would be driving to Albany and Pinnacles in Cervantes. It's about AU$ 20 more than an ordinary car.

For city skyline, try Kings Park, you will see something like this:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=423773958363&set=a.423773628363.221538.70327878363
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=424798713363&set=a.423773628363.221538.70327878363

You don't need 4WD for Albany and Pinnacles :)

It is not necessary to have map for petrol station, you can spot the petrol station easily. Rent the GPS device, it will guide and show you the location of the petrol station too :)

- Can you recommend me some attraction that I should visit in Perth? There seems to be quite a few attraction like Fremantle Prison, Kings Park, Bell Tower, Perth Mint and Western Australia.

You should try the Caversham Wildlife Park.. It's a nice place... esp for kids

It depends on whether you will be travelling north or south of Perth. Fremantle prison is a small place, won't take up much of your time unless you opt for the guided tour. Kings park is worth to go, visiting it during the day and during the night is quite different.. Can consider about it.

- Where can I get the best view of the city skyline?
Not sure.. Kings park maybe?

- This is not realted to Perth: Do you think a 4WD is needed if I would be driving to Albany and Pinnacles in Cervantes. It's about AU$ 20 more than an ordinary car.
Not really required.. a normal 2WD car can make it..

- Is there a map of petrol station especially along highways?
It will be helpful if you rented a GPS navigation system from the car rental too.. the GPS system should show the petrol station. If you won't be using a GPS system, feel free to ask people along the way... they are nice.

Some of the places i visited in 2009
http://sumwenwei.blogspot.com/2009/07/perth-day-4-part-1.html

Hope this help, Have a nice trip

Hello,

The only view I got of the city was from King's Park...

4WD is not needed for Albany.

If you are going to Albany, maybe you would like to drop by Two People's Bay National Park. Little Beach @ Two People's Bay is quite nice :)

Hello,

Did a small travel journal of my visit to Perth. You can have a great view city skyline from King's park and Swan River.

[jjynwa] Western Australia, Perth

Enjoy your trip! :)

City skyline is best at dawn/dusk from the park in south perth off mill point road if you're looking for those post card type shots.