Official Canon EOS 7D User Thread Part I

I've heard on other forums that firmware 1.2.5 is not an official release from Canon. In fact, some are expecting version 1.2.6 to come out soon. Is this true?

Hi Raydio, not possible. I just received my cam from Canon, and they have upgraded to 1.2.5 for me.:)

I've heard on other forums that firmware 1.2.5 is not an official release from Canon. In fact, some are expecting version 1.2.6 to come out soon. Is this true?

Hi Raydio, not possible. I just received my cam from Canon, and they have upgraded to 1.2.5 for me.:)

i can hear a sound when the sensor cleaning is shown. is that normal?

Ah just realized that the 18-135 on a 7D causes vignetting :/

How's the 15-85 on the 7D or should i get the 17-55?

Last edited:
ehwhatthe said:
i can hear a sound when the sensor cleaning is shown. is that normal?

Ah just realized that the 18-135 on a 7D causes vignetting :/

How's the 15-85 on the 7D or should i get the 17-55?

The sound of 7D is considered mild when compared to 5D2 :)
Cleaning uses some form of 'vibration', so if it vibrates... It produces sound. Norm :)

Regarding those lens, no comments as I don't own those.

cheers.

The sound of 7D is considered mild when compared to 5D2 :)
Cleaning uses some form of 'vibration', so if it vibrates... It produces sound. Norm :)

Regarding those lens, no comments as I don't own those.

cheers.

All i hear are squeaks rather then some vibration noise. :/

I am a new owner of 7D. Bought my from MS Color. Trying to catch the 13 pages of threads... mayb hope to meet some of you guys. Any idea when will the Canon photomarathon 2011 be held?

Has anyone tried downloading the various picture styles from Canon Japan website?

Hey guys,

Was wondering when you mount your 580 EX II onto your 7D and shoot... does it syncro with your sensor?
I set mine to ETTL for 580EX II and Av mode at 2.8 with 7D and realized that shutter spd did not change regardless with or without the mounting of my flash.
I do suppose it should? since i've a flash mounted onto it?
Because it's bugging me as even with flash i've to manual set it setting to shoot. Thanks.

I don't have a 7D but all EOS cameras I have used require that you use the Custom Function settings to get the camera to set a flash sync speed (eg 1/200) when in Av mode. Otherwise it will behave like there is no flash there.

Hey guys,

Was wondering when you mount your 580 EX II onto your 7D and shoot... does it syncro with your sensor?
I set mine to ETTL for 580EX II and Av mode at 2.8 with 7D and realized that shutter spd did not change regardless with or without the mounting of my flash.
I do suppose it should? since i've a flash mounted onto it?
Because it's bugging me as even with flash i've to manual set it setting to shoot. Thanks.
On 'normal' setting, 580EX will act as a fill flash. The camera will meter normally and the flash will fill up the shadow areas.

To set the sync speed you need to to go to C.Fn I - 7. Here you can set for auto, 1/250-1/60 auto and fixed 1/250.

Whats the latest Market price for the body and how well are the kit lens? Thinking of switching over to canon. Might get a tamron 17-55 f2.8

Hey peeps, just wondering if anyone knows how to counter the yellow tint issue in our cams? Tried configuring via the picture style, but it didn't quite help! 

snapO said:
Whats the latest Market price for the body and how well are the kit lens? Thinking of switching over to canon. Might get a tamron 17-55 f2.8

Not sure abt price now. It cost $2.2+k when I bought last nov for the body.
If want get kit lens, think the 15-85 the better. Good IQ n reasonable range, but ard $1k more. If not the simple 18-55 have reasonable IQ for it price.
If not can just get the body then buy canon 17-55mm lens if u have enough budget.

Last edited:
Hey peeps, just wondering if anyone knows how to counter the yellow tint issue in our cams? Tried configuring via the picture style, but it didn't quite help! 

what yellow tint issue? can you be more specific or show us a sample?

Sample Photo? Could be a White Balance metering issue under certain lighting. In that case using white balance techniques will solve it. Could also be a problem with your camera(?). Hard to tell from your description.