Official Canon EOS 7D User Thread Part I

The area was lighted up using fluorescent light?

Yes. The area is actually quite bright, thus have to step up shutter speed to achieve underexposure effect.

Yes. The area is actually quite bright, thus have to step up shutter speed to achieve underexposure effect.

Read up on fluorescent light banding issue.

Read up on fluorescent light banding issue.

Ahh... read it briefly from the net... guess I know what is happening... so it is not my 7D that had the problem. Thanks a lot Yoh.

Looks wierd..
-Did you shoot in RAW or JPEG?
-Do u have any filter on your lens?
-Was highlight tone priority or D Lighting enabled ?
-Did you shoot with a flash?
-Was your setting on PAL or NTSC?

Not sure if above had any effect. I usually shoot in RAW n don't see any of my pics with such weird colours...

Anyway Hope u find a solve the problem soon and let us know what the problem is.

Good luck!

Ahh... read it briefly from the net... guess I know what is happening... so it is not my 7D that had the problem. Thanks a lot Yoh.

You're welcome. It's pretty common though.

Looks wierd..
-Did you shoot in RAW or JPEG?
-Do u have any filter on your lens?
-Was highlight tone priority or D Lighting enabled ?
-Did you shoot with a flash?
-Was your setting on PAL or NTSC?

Not sure if above had any effect. I usually shoot in RAW n don't see any of my pics with such weird colours...

Anyway Hope u find a solve the problem soon and let us know what the problem is.

Good luck!

I shot in jpeg. But I think Yoh just solve my mystery. It was the fluorescent light banding issue. Hahahahaha... sorry, my bad. Too much of a noob here.

interesting. can you send me the link.

You can read it here.

Thanks,

maybe you try with this options and see how is the result

1) The fastest shutter speed you can use is 1/120 (1/125 is close enough). Theoretically this will catch precisely 1/2 of a cycle, with all parts of the image illuminated by the full spectrum of output by the lamps.
2) The second fastest shutter speed you can use is 1/60, to catch a full cycle. This should give consistent results. Use Tv or Manual mode. You want to avoid 1/100 or 1/80.
3) Multiples of 1/2 cycle, i.e. 1/40 (1.5 cycles), 1/30 (2 cycles), 1/20 (3 cycles), etc. We're now in tripod territory, but anything slower than this should also work fine.
4) Overpower the fluorescent light with flash if you can. Set your shutter at flash sync speed, get as close to your subject as possible, and stop down until the maximum flash distance is not much more than your subject distance, forcing the E-TTL flash metering to maximize the light output.
5) Since fluorescent tubes vary in color temperature, a custom white balance is recommended, using the same shutter speed guidelines listed above.

Anybody knows how to set a folder to store raw photo in camera?

I mean store raw in 1 folder and jpeg in another folder when shooting.

Thank you biskandar

Hi any 7D outing? I would love to find out more about it and ultimately buying one :)

Is it very great difference on using a Sandisk Ultra vs Extreme CF on a 7D? Like shooting continuos shot or video?

The only different that i found is when you perform the burst mode shooting :) , you will see the buffer cleaning process is faster .

Is it very great difference on using a Sandisk Ultra vs Extreme CF on a 7D? Like shooting continuos shot or video?

Hey guys, i might be grabbin 7d body this weekend..any recommendation on where I can get lowest price?