Official Canon EOS 7D User Thread Part I

Hi Jason, you can change the shutter sound during the live mode :) , There is a special engineer design for this 7d body .

Just upgrade from 550D to 7D. I am still adjusting on the settings and button location. The shutter sounds a bit weird (for me), sounds like typewriter :) Anyway any recommended memory card for 7D?

Hi Jason, you can change the shutter sound during the live mode :) , There is a special engineer design for this 7d body .

Just upgrade from 550D to 7D. I am still adjusting on the settings and button location. The shutter sounds a bit weird (for me), sounds like typewriter :) Anyway any recommended memory card for 7D?

Hi everyone. I am a user of 7D too.

just got mine today from MSColor

the screen protector from MS Color does not fit the entire screen... thinking of getting the Hercules one since it has both rear and top LCDs. whats your take?
Also they gave me the wrong UV filter (77mm instead of 72mm). I dun blame them cos its really crowded that day. Going down today hopefully to get things sorted.

Love the battery grip (purchase with purcahse @ $139) since Canon giving another battery so i took the plunge and bought the grip. Glad to know the grip also supports 6xAAs in case really out of juice. I like the little thoughts they put into designing the grip. Especially the battery door can be tucked away in the grip without worrying of misplaced.

the free gift 8gb was of class 1 i think (20mb/s) so i took another plunge and bought another 8gb (60mb/s) one.
the Canon tripod, though somewhat heavy, i find its very sturdy for the 7D with batt grip. Just 1st thought of it mounting at home. Hope it will not be different when i bring it out. LOL

All in all very satisfied with my purchase. Only thing is that i have to go Keppal Bay Towers to collect the free gifts...

For the screen protector, i prefer GGS glass protector, more solid and no oil reflection :)

And the memory card usually they give 8GB Ultra 30MB/sec, at this load speed for shooting picture is enough , but when i took the video i prefer the extreme version 60MB/sec .

Last edited:
Hi infusia, can share the price that u got 7D and the free gifts? Looking at getting the 7D too

Me too where u get it

Am also interested to know coz I am surely getting my hand soon a brandnew 7D, soon! Where huh?

Turbonetics said:
Do u all experience a rattling sound inside the body when u shake it??I sent it to csc and the technician said it's very usual and they shoe me their demo set which is the same...wonder if anyone might be lucky to get a perfect set here??

Mayb is ur built in flash. Try pop up d built in flash n check whether still got sound o not.

sorry for late reply to some of u asking abt price

i got 7D Kit II with 15-85mm at mscolor for $3260
this is the reply from MSColor when i asked for e-quote

Free 8 g card,6 million crumple bag worth $180,Extra Canon LP-E6 battery
worth $139, 3 section tripod,EF len book from agent

free lcd protector worth $13.50 from mscolor

Plus Register on line will get 15 month agent warranty.

Promotion strictly from 10 th-13 th March 2011 only..limited period ..so
hurry

hope this help all potential 7D to be owners :D

**sorry double post

Last edited:
sorry for late reply to some of u asking abt price

i got 7D Kit II with 15-85mm at mscolor for $3260
this is the reply from MSColor when i asked for e-quote

Free 8 g card,6 million crumple bag worth $180,Extra Canon LP-E6 battery
worth $139, 3 section tripod,EF len book from agent

free lcd protector worth $13.50 from mscolor

Plus Register on line will get 15 month agent warranty.

Promotion strictly from 10 th-13 th March 2011 only..limited period ..so
hurry

hope this help all potential 7D to be owners :D

do you realise that today is 24th March 2011?

I have a question on Exposure Lock.

In Aperture Priority mode, using Matrix Metering, I can lock the Exposure value by half-pressing the shutter button.

But in spot metering or other non-Matrix metering mode, half-pressing the shutter button does not lock the exposure value.

Wish to check whether this is your experience too. Canon SG advised me to go down for them to check, as they believe that the Exposure value should be locked.

I usually press fully the '*' button to perform AE Lock , but unfortunately never to use it with spot metering .

Anyone with the latest price updates??

THink cheapest u can get from reliable one is TK Photo at 2189 with gst and free screen protector and phottix wireless remote. If u want to know where to get 5dm2 cheapest from one of those reliable one, can pm me cos I just bought one. Heard from the shop i buy they got no more stock for 60d and last 2 set of 5d, so i quickly bought the 5d

new user of 7d here... got the cam and paired with the 17-55mm 2.8... i gg to the US soon and i'm thinking of lugging a zoom lens... anyone can recommend one for the 7D? and anyway does Canon lenses covers international warranty? maybe i should get a lens there?