mac users vs pc users

mac or pc?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you find it easy to add a printer? It's much more difficult and confusing with Mac OS X than the old Mac OS but I think Windows XP is very good even though Windows NT/2000/98 were difficult and confusing.

No, I find OS X easier....when I plug in my printer, I didn't even have to install the CDROM (which I guess contains the drivers), I was afraid that my printer doesn't support Mac and was searching for the CDROM but I couldn't find it!!! So I said, plug in and see if can detect. Surprisingly, no need the CDROM at all!!!

Also, my Windows XP PC got lots of problems connecting to my USB iomega external CD-R drive. When I installed according to the manual, it keeps on detecting it as CDROM!!! :angry: I got the driver installed and re-installed many things. I had to remove from the Device Manager and re-add again few times then can work. When I plugged into Mac, I didn't even have to install the driver and OS X can detect and I can use it immediately with Burn.

That's because OSX installed a lot of printer drivers when it was first installed. Hence, it comes pre-built with most of the latest printer drivers.

No installation of printer drivers is typically required.

I admit it's user problem sometimes...but with Mac I dun have all this issues and have taken care of people like me who didn't have much IT knowledge. So, my next notebook definitely got to be a Mac!

I guess I've had too much history with Mac OS X, having used it from the public beta onward but my Canon i9900 and MP600 both needed the drivers installed. Probably by 10.4.12, they'll both be part of Mac OS X.

It's still amazing how little it takes to get things done and it seems that Windows fights you all the way but Windows XP Home is much better than Professional in helping you with simple things. Administering the machine with Home seems a nightmare.

What day 1? You mean you own Lisa?

Do you notice the price difference when you register for a server hosting service on Windows, Mac and Linux / Unix???

im using both. got an imac as an desktop and a windows laptop.
but i use mac more often

Started with Amiga Computers (1000, 500, 2000)...went to Apple Computers (FX, iMac)...then to PC and stuck to it ever since. I don't know about you folks but I like building my own PCs the last decade and beyond. And here is the funny thing...I rarely have a problem with it. And if it did, it is not always Windows fault. And I am not a light weight user too..all my PCs gets a very good workout from my designing work, hard core gamming, multimedia...etc.

Started with Amiga Computers (1000, 500, 2000)...went to Apple Computers (FX, iMac)...then to PC and stuck to it ever since. I don't know about you folks but I like building my own PCs the last decade and beyond. And here is the funny thing...I rarely have a problem with it. And if it did, it is not always Windows fault. And I am not a light weight user too..all my PCs gets a very good workout from my designing work, hard core gamming, multimedia...etc.

For people who can build own PC, Windows should be running fine...but for people like me who cannot differentiate even a video cable, a Mac just work. :lovegrin:

That's what PS and XBox and Wii are for.

I'm personally glad there are little games on Mac to tempt me. And it is this fact that makes the Mac good for students->Let them concentrate on the real work.

Well, I'm a complete computer illiterate when I bought my first computer, which is a Mac. Thank God for that as I never really gotten hooked on gaming.

My son too, had been on a Mac since age of 3, and even now that I bought him an Intel Mac and install Windows, we'd just play a couple of FIFA 07 games, and then get bored. On the average, we spend less than 1 hour on games per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.