mac users vs pc users

mac or pc?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is mine :embrass: 20" iMac, intel c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb memory

screenoh0.jpg

This is my rig.......hehe

Quad Core Intel Xeon E5335 @ 2.0Ghz ECC Ram 4GB @ 667ghz fully buffered with 2 SAS (15,000rpm) 73 GB running @ RAID 0 and using OS XP 64bit.:sticktong

Untitled-2.jpg

Still remember this?
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=166965&highlight=photoshop+test

My is running around 16 seconds for the Photoshop test on CS3.

It's amazing to me how many people have switched from Windows in the last 1.5 years since Apple started offering Intel-based machines and how many people joined just for the iPhone in the last 2+ months.
You will be even more amazed by the market share Microsoft still own despite the recent efforts made by Apple. Nothing against Mac or being a PC fanboy. I hope someone really topple Microsoft dominance in the software market (which I don't think will ever happen. LOL!)

One man's wife is another man's mistress, and vice versa. Come to my office and see my shotgun marriage to my PC :bsmilie:

Me: Darling, pls don't crash on me while I'm adding the finishing touches to that huge word file, please, pretty please?

PC: Press CTRL+S more times lah, bother me for wat? KNS!! I'm busy entertaining my friends Tommy Trojan and Wilma Worm...

Me: *sob* Ok dear, I'm moving my work to my Mac at home then

PC: Like I care...

You should buy a better pad for your wife's mouse. hahaha
Else change her character to be open-SAUCY (open-source) haha :devil:

MacRumors' forums move way too fast, as the largest (over 100,000 registered members) Mac forums in the world but we have quite a few knowledgeable members along with too many fanatics. As a moderator there, I end up cleaning up too much useless stuff but it's part of the job.

I think we end up solving more functional problems than Apple do. We let them concentrate on their software development. :bsmilie:

It's amazing to me how many people have switched from Windows in the last 1.5 years since Apple started offering Intel-based machines and how many people joined just for the iPhone in the last 2+ months.

I think Apple's two greatest strategic decisions were to switch to industry-standard architectures and ports, and OSX.

Industry standard means I can share all my peripherals. I am NOT interested in proprietary stuff, in fact compatibility and interworking is absolutely crucial because I run a mixed environment (Windows, BSD UNIX and OSX).

OSX is descended from my favorite version of UNIX as well, except that Apple's GUI makes everybody look like wannabes. The various UNIX/*nix/Linux offerings are NOWHERE near what Apple can deliver. Heck I'd grade them as nowhere near Windows either. Windows is minimal and functional, and it's good enough. Some of the desktops and GUIs for *nix aren't even stable.

Anyway back to the point, OSX is now a tremendously powerful OS. The beauty and the magic is that users who don't care, don't need to. Those who do care or who need to use the underlying power (like myself) find that it is only a mouseclick away with that mysterious "Terminal" application. ssh, SSH server, sftp, php, VNC, apache, FTP server, ipfw, all at my fingertips. It makes a very powerful system administrator's desktop. The tools are all there, preinstalled, and I don't need to lift a finger.

And when I'm not working, it makes a great Lightroom box for plowing through the weekend's shots ;)

The only thing is that I cannot quite find a Mac with the price/performance/specifications of my main Windows desktop. I'd really like something like a scaled down Mac Pro, perhaps a "Mac Desktop". I need two user-accessible SATA drive bays for 3.5" drives. Price is a concern. Unfortunately while $1.2K bought me a C2D 2.3Ghz/4GB/2x500GB box, it only buys me a Mac Mini (although it is the higher spec Mini). I really hate external hard disks (lets not go there) so that is not an option. It is SATA or nothing.

In the interim, that new Macbook looks REALLY nice.

And if Apple is listening, this is my preferred formfactor for the "Mac Desktop" hypothetical box: http://www.obsolyte.com/dec/multia/ (yes, that is a DEC Multia)

Last edited:
maybe because mac users are more egoistic n wanna tell the whole world they are mac users? :bsmilie:

You will be even more amazed by the market share Microsoft still own despite the recent efforts made by Apple. Nothing against Mac or being a PC fanboy. I hope someone really topple Microsoft dominance in the software market (which I don't think will ever happen. LOL!)

It's true that Windows is still dominant, but between Mac OS X and Linux and Microsoft's mistakes, Windows is losing ground. Vista is pretty much only sold with new machines and a lot of people are still replacing it with XP. According to reports from Microsoft, Windows 7 won't be a better performer and most companies are complaining about buying new hardware just to support Windows. Linux should gain a lot of ground within those companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.