Leica M8 will be launched on Oct. 14 in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw someone this morning shooting with a M8 + the new TRI-ELMAR!
Didn't know that he is my neighbour until he said hello to me! 同道中人也! :bigeyes:

The tri-elmar is soooo small! At first I thought it was a 28mm lens.

Make me drool only......

Come On Wee! Drop your 5D and jump back into Leica! :bsmilie:

Drop my pants also not enough to pay for that $13K combo!!

Is it just the M8, or are lens prices going up too?

My understanding that it is everything. Shortage of lenses worldwide and prices will continue to go up.

I think most likely only lenses and film bodies....

Which is steadily increasing every year. Nobody buying film and still increase price....Siao man.

has anybody compared the M8 next to the R-D1s?
how do they compare?

TIA

has anybody compared the M8 next to the R-D1s?
how do they compare?

TIA

M8, 1.3 Crop Factor. R-D1s 1.5 Crop Factor. Compared to DSLRs, the DRFs are a tad unreliable with the current offerings. I have not tried the R-D1 but so far most people on Leica Forum and RFF will say the M8 is better.

The sensor on the M8 is an excellent 10 megapixel. Output in colour can easily match 1D M3. Noise is an issue but if you shoot PJ and B&W, you might find the grains film like. AWB is inaccurate, but the recent firmware patch has make it more and more reliable. Purple blacks is an issue, but B+W 486 solves it easily.

Last thing to note. The sensor of any DRFs get dirty easily, due to shutter grease or dust, so be prepared to clean yourself.

I think it is best to get any of the Leicas now. I cannot foresee any price drops within the next 1 year. The demand has consistently outstrip the supply.

actually it was a silly question on my part as the M8 is newer & cost so much more.
technically it should be better otherwise it would not be such an exclusive camera to cater for such a niche crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.