Leica M8 will be launched on Oct. 14 in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
LindaChew, aka whisper reincarnated?

What opinion do you need regarding banding of that magnitude? On a $7000 body somemore. You want to dive in go ahead.

Not to mention the overblown highlights like my $400 pointNshoot.

Yes folks. It's that bad!

Yes folks. It's that bad!

Katty,

I very very seldom criticise anyone in any forum. Perhaps you should wait for the camera to arrive, test it for yourself before leveling your criticisms at the camera or others. If you have used it before, then kindly write your own review. I'm not sure what your agenda is, but you are doing yourself no favours.

Why are people getting ostracised just because they want to buy a camera whether you agree is good or bad?

How should it affect you (unless you're the competitor of the manufacturer) anyway if another budding photographer gets the M8?

I used the M8 for 1 hour INDOORS a few days after the launch. There wasn't any banding. No magenta streaks either. The WB wasn't that accurate on wood, timber, brown colours.

Skin tone wasn't that bad by my standards...then again that's subjective. My caucasian friend turned a little pinkish but I think that's cos he caught the reflection off the big red Leica logo onto his pale skin. :dunno:

The wood colours are totally unacceptable though. After tweaking it on Kelvin levels... it comes close but still not what you may expect from a 350D.

And as long as they solve the balance.... I think it should be a winner for people who already have $50K worth of lenses to work digitally on a 1.33 crop 10mp camera.

What's $7,800K if you have already spent a mini fortune on the lenses?

Let's see if they can resolve the current issues either through a new firmware or massive recall.

Leica won't risk their reputation by delivering 1/2 past six quality, not at that price.

Let's see if they can resolve the current issues either through a new firmware or massive recall.

Leica won't risk their reputation by delivering 1/2 past six quality, not at that price.
they have didnt' they? Or is not a serious one of which the owner can live with?

Hi,

It appears the M8 will have to be sent back to Solms to solve this banding issue. As for the magenta issue, this is due to the weak IR filter on the sensor. Currently, the solution proposed by Leica is to use an IR filter with the lens. This is not a good solution.:eek: I will keep shooting films with my M3 and M6 and wait for M8-2 or M9. I am not in a hurry as I am using the DMR with my R lenses.

N.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.