have u been to Myanmar yet..

newnikon

Nov 11, 2008
East
Finally made the trip to Myanmar, and what an experience it was! In retrospect, it was a trip largely persuaded by Stanley, aka Hosea. Many have said it is a beautiful place, but Hosea's numerous trips and passion for the place really nudged the "now" decision for me. The plan was to join him as he was making a trip around the same time, but damn work! (Thanks Stan, for your kind patience). SgTrekker is of course without a doubt the next best choice with plenty of good people that i missed since my last trip with them. As fortune has it, i went with my best photo buddy not wanting to wait for next year. And so began the journey to mysterious heaven for us. Hope you enjoy the photos.

Sunrise at Bagan

01. Flight at dawn

Little did i expect a simple sunrise scene could have so much thing going on.....

02. the sun, the balloon, the pagoda and the man... and on closer observation, the birds(bonus, of course!)

03. the almost eclispe

Last edited:
fantastic composition for No. 3! :thumbsup:

No.4​

Morning breeze

Last edited:
Wow, that is damn fast of you, back only last friday and now posting pictures liao. :)

No.5 - solitude

Last edited:
Wow, that is damn fast of you, back only last friday and now posting pictures liao. :)

9 days of serenity leaves a person wanting for more... ;p kept going through the photos! Next time we go MUST make an effort to shoot less and just marvel.

First one is a stunner

Gorgeous images!

I too had fallen in love with the scenic beauty of Myanmar's Bagan, U-Bein Bridge, Inle Lake, among many other sights. My last trip was in September 2009, armed only with a compact camera, but hope to go again soon, with my new DSLR!

Can't wait to see more of your Myanmar pics! :)

Very nice. Please keep the photos coming.

@NewNikon Wonderful shots of Myanmar !!! I assume that you also shot the Legendary Swedagon Pya. I shot this one as the sun set. Had to wait for an hour to "Keep my spot", as it was so full of people.

60286_105381846191654_100001595176964_44545_3217623_n.jpg

Keep the pictures coming, mate

Good stuff. Rekindles memories :)

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more photos...

Thanks asterixsg.. really your photos were among those that inspired my trip too. :) especially the hot air balloons, you must have been quite close..

First one is a stunner

Thanks Benedict.

Gorgeous images!

I too had fallen in love with the scenic beauty of Myanmar's Bagan, U-Bein Bridge, Inle Lake, among many other sights. My last trip was in September 2009, armed only with a compact camera, but hope to go again soon, with my new DSLR!

Can't wait to see more of your Myanmar pics! :)

Thanks Edricism. Hard not to fall in love wif the beauty of Myanmar.

Very nice. Please keep the photos coming.

Thanks Daoyin.

@NewNikon Wonderful shots of Myanmar !!! I assume that you also shot the Legendary Swedagon Pya. I shot this one as the sun set. Had to wait for an hour to "Keep my spot", as it was so full of people.

60286_105381846191654_100001595176964_44545_3217623_n.jpg

Keep the pictures coming, mate

Thanks Michael.

No.6 - this way

No.7 - colorful feast

the road leading to pindaya caves were filled colors n beautiful children

No.8

Last edited:
No.9

No.10

No.11

Last edited:
Shot the next 2 shots from our moving vehicle. The children politely waved as our car passed their way.

No.11

No.12

Last edited:
No.13

No.14 - enjoying sunset at Ubein bridge

5214823660_1366a76950.jpg

No.15

5214230947_ef80f5633e.jpg

Newnikon brother!
Very beautiful shots! Those of the balloons were certainly stunning!
And your #14 of that boy climbing up (or down) U-Bein bridge was unique!
People would usually shoot those walking or cycling atop the bridge. But you wentlower down to shoot those below the bridge!

No.16

No.17 - road sharing

you will encounter this quite often on the road, they just simply follow those in front, no haste, just simply move one side. Or actually is it those behind that is always telling those in front " Car behind! Move!"

5220726755_5f8be16ed5.jpg
[/url][/IMG]