have u been to Myanmar yet..

A little topsy-turvy in my sequence of posting my replies.. for that I apologise.. haha...
Hey, newnikon - very clean and very beautiful deep blue in the top picture. It is virtually frozen in time the way you presented it.
And my goodness, in the bottom picture, what was frozen was the two rowers in a synchronised fashion.
A :thumbsup: for you, my friend! With a big T too!

limwhow, I am sure you will come back with even better pictures.

Captain Juker, your picture #10 stands out. Well done.

Try grabbing it from the south side, and the sun sets, it will cast a very beautiful aura to the entire place..

63825_106850872711418_100001595176964_59329_6193024_n.jpg

I shot this only a few months ago.

Cheers, and May the Force be with You

Captain yah, Captain.
These two shots are indeed spectacular.
I simply could not peel my eyes away from them and kept looking and looking and exclaming to myself the marvellous way you have delivered them.
You are :thumbsup:, and I mean :thumbsup: with a big T!

Thanks Doc, your Jiu zhai Gou series is equally good if not better, it is going to be one of my planned trip in time to come. ;)

Captain Juker, your picture #10 stands out. Well done.

Thanks Daoyin, for the encouragement, there still so much to learn from the many pro shooter in this forum. :)

EXTREMELY NICE PIXES MAN !!!!

Here's a word of advise though...

other than posting them here, you will encounter massive problems with getting their release/ consent letter if you are planning to publish these pixes into a book.

What I'm saying is, your pictures are indeed book quality, but I'm predicting that you can't do that, coz of model/talent release issues.
What if they sue? Confirm you will "chia-lut"
(otherwise, you will end up with the blackened eyes pix which you put up of the old uncle with his camera)

Not to dampen your spirits though, but you might seriously want to consider publishing your pictures.
Your pictures are really a delight to look at

Cheers Bro

Thanks michael, I'm lucky to have a good shooting buddy with me, he really shorten my learning curve. :)

This thread is filled with beautiful photos .. all very inspiring .. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :heart:

Even the Kiasu photographer shot was a good shot :bsmilie:

Looking forward to my trip next month ;)

Cheers

Thanks Lowlights, I am sure you will leave Myanmar with unforgettable memory next month.

Finally made the trip to Myanmar, and what an experience it was! In retrospect, it was a trip largely persuaded by Stanley, aka Hosea. Many have said it is a beautiful place, but Hosea's numerous trips and passion for the place really nudged the "now" decision for me. The plan was to join him as he was making a trip around the same time, but damn work! (Thanks Stan, for your kind patience). SgTrekker is of course without a doubt the next best choice with plenty of good people that i missed since my last trip with them. As fortune has it, i went with my best photo buddy not wanting to wait for next year. And so began the journey to mysterious heaven for us. Hope you enjoy the photos.

I am glad you have visited Myanmar and appreciated the Beauty of this country more now. You 2 have some nice shots …. Keep sharing more about your trip.

Cheers

A little topsy-turvy in my sequence of posting my replies.. for that I apologise.. haha...
Hey, newnikon - very clean and very beautiful deep blue in the top picture. It is virtually frozen in time the way you presented it.
And my goodness, in the bottom picture, what was frozen was the two rowers in a synchronised fashion.
A :thumbsup: for you, my friend! With a big T too!

Thanks Doc.:)

I am glad you have visited Myanmar and appreciated the Beauty of this country more now. You 2 have some nice shots …. Keep sharing more about your trip.

Cheers

Thanks Hosea. A gem(Myanmar) i hope will remain for a long time.

Last edited:
No.29​

Model to be

A beautiful little girl at a village in Inle lake who posed for us when we requested to photograph her. Sorry about the desaturation, but the light was really harsh on the leaves leaving a strong greenish and yellowish bokeh which was really distracting. And i dont like the color combi it gives to the pic even after i tone it down. This is not a planned pose, though it seemed so. She was actually looking at CJ and scratching her neck.​

Last edited:
No.30

"long life"

I had hard time framing this.. no matter how i tried, just seemed uncomfortable..​

Last edited:
No.31​

the apprehensive, the eager, and the shy

not sure if there are sisters, but walking on this bridge back to our boat, the "eager" approached us to be photographed. "the shy' remained shy throughout.. as did "the apprehensive".

Last edited:
No.32​

sole searching

No.33​

only the dexterous need apply

No.34​

last look - before heading home

No.36​

the fisherman that came close to our boat at the prompting of our guide, and after a quick chat with him, did an array of familiar poses.:bsmilie:

]

Some shots of the famous U bein bridge. :)

Pic: 15
5231111920_75b930a52b_z.jpg

Pic: 16
5231113242_558c8e9234_z.jpg

Pic: 17
5230519445_09e82b76df_z.jpg

Pic: 18
5231113016_c3e81be18e_z.jpg