FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
romanyao said:
My Pic on nite 4
20068170112853968.jpg

Just one question to ask here. How do you get such a nice blue sky at 9pm? Pls advise/share if possible. Many thks.:)

Spectrum said:
Just one question to ask here. How do you get such a nice blue sky at 9pm? Pls advise/share if possible. Many thks.:)

Its a composite of at least 2 images..
see the reflection around the landscape and under the fireworks..
from the smoothness of the water can tell that the landscape is shot at a much longer exposure time..then merge the fireworks pic on top which explain the roughness of water because of the fireworks burst rate..

blazer_workz said:
from the smoothness of the water can tell that the landscape is shot at a much longer exposure time..then merge the fireworks pic on top which explain the roughness of water because of the fireworks burst rate..

Aaaah.... Now then I saw what you mean bro. Very observant indeed.:)
But how do you sandwich the bursting fireworks onto the blue sky without affecting the colour changes?Thks dude!

Spectrum said:
Aaaah.... Now then I saw what you mean bro. Very observant indeed.:)
But how do you sandwich the bursting fireworks onto the blue sky without affecting the colour changes?Thks dude!

tis one u must ask romanyao...i not good in PS..i like to keep my pictures original..

blazer_workz said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

you are the first person to see the truth. my friend

Spectrum said:
Can share your tips/tricks here bro romanyao?:)

I adjust the white balance of the photo at 7.40 pm to Incandescent mode so will have a blue color image. after that I combine the firmworks photo and the combination method I choose to be brighten. so the dark black sky will not affect the blue sky too much.

should have other better method to do this I think.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
romanyao said:
I adjust the white balance of the photo at 7.40 pm to Incandescent mode so will have a blue color image. after that I combine the firmworks photo and the combination method I choose to be brighten. so the dark black sky will not affect the blue sky too much.

should have other better method to do this I think.

218911542_a91cba2e6f.jpg

hehee.. first time posting picture here ;)

sehsuan said:
Courtesy of a good friend, this was how I generally shot the fireworks:

http://www.sportsshooter.com/funpix_view.html?id=5590

Impressive! Gotta had it to you man! Very good ones for the last two days of fireworks! Here are mine to seek some opinions. Thanks!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=op01iqm.8hw72fsm&x=1&y=xb33ie

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=op01iqm.5mdwrgom&x=1&y=-llw3bx

TH ;)

GeckoZ said:
The photos abit small, but i think i like it. ;)

Thanks GECKOZ! The pic size standard for kodak gallery. din have time to alter all the shots and paste it in here. Hope to get better shots next year! ;)

GeckoZ said:
Taken 47 shots, but only 5 shots are considered slightly more special. Decided to post up 2 of them, so, please enjoy. Comments and Critiques welcomed! :)

Curly wily
20060806062459_img_6542.jpg

Buoyant city
20060806061905_img_6520.jpg

*Gotta go back next Tuesday to retake, from a different location, that is. :sweat:

I particularly like the curly wirly shot! Come to think of it. This is the 2nd year i'm trying to get the fireworks. Still have not master the art of shooting firworks with symmetry and selectivity. Perhaps can chio you guys for next years festiv;) al!

FOCALPOINT said:
Impressive! Gotta had it to you man! Very good ones for the last two days of fireworks! Here are mine to seek some opinions. Thanks!

Thanks Focalpoint! But actually when one has been pushed to his own devices... the waterbottle becomes pretty handy! :bsmilie:

FOCALPOINT said:
I particularly like the curly wirly shot! Come to think of it. This is the 2nd year i'm trying to get the fireworks. Still have not master the art of shooting firworks with symmetry and selectivity. Perhaps can chio you guys for next years festiv;) al!

this kind of thing sometimes try luck one, i only get 10% of the shots that are really nice.. the rest all either overexposed, underexposed, or composition sala. anyway, this september might have fireworks again for the IMF event.. not very sure of the details yet. ;)

looks like many ppl have got very nice shots

here are mine - just so so onli still learning - for your comments please. thanks!

day 3
DSC_7891.jpg

DSC_7892.jpg

DSC_7907.jpg

DSC_7925.jpg

ElJay said:

here are mine - just so so onli still learning - for your comments please. thanks!

I like the 2nd picture most! Lovely!
I guess you cropped all your pictures rite? It makes your composition rather weird.. :think:

ElJay said:

I guess you cropped all your pictures rite? It makes your composition rather weird.. :think:

suddenly ppl start posting fireworks again. :bsmilie:

GeckoZ said:

suddenly ppl start posting fireworks again. :bsmilie:

yeah i cropped them but dont know how to make good composition in cropping :dunno: need to observe more. thanks for the comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.