Singapore Airshow 2008, 19 to 24 February 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some SA shots in 'Black and White':

sa08-002.jpg

sa08-003.jpg

sa08-001.jpg

sa08-004.jpg

Just got back not too long ago with a sunburnt. Today i took cab there and back. The queue at the shuttle bus back was terrible (extremely long) and even the taxi i've to queue for almost an hour.

The show's spectacular and i couldn't stop bursting at the aerial displays. The pics aren't that gd due to the cloudy and slightly hazy weather.

Today go there actually less crowded than Sat.
I wake up 5.30 AM, By 7.30 at Pasir Ris, among the first in line. They arranged the quere properly, then at 8.15 they jam us in the bus, they got scan ticket before we enter.
Stand for 30 mins, then go there. Overcast sky made all the photos look very dull, somemore cannon go near the exhibit.
I stayed around until the end of the Super Hornet demonstration. Very hard to take the pics with all the Umbrellas around. Say a Clubsnap guy struggling with his big lens, tring to hoist it up over people's heads. Going back a little crowded, but otherwise better than what I heard happened on Sat.

Today go there actually less crowded than Sat.
I wake up 5.30 AM, By 7.30 at Pasir Ris, among the first in line. They arranged the quere properly, then at 8.15 they jam us in the bus, they got scan ticket before we enter.
Stand for 30 mins, then go there. Overcast sky made all the photos look very dull, somemore cannon go near the exhibit.
I stayed around until the end of the Super Hornet demonstration. Very hard to take the pics with all the Umbrellas around. Say a Clubsnap guy struggling with his big lens, tring to hoist it up over people's heads. Going back a little crowded, but otherwise better than what I heard happened on Sat.

U mean they scanned the tickets when boarding the bus?

Yeah i strongly agree that the pics for aerial display looks dull due to the overcast and cloudy sky (also a bit hazy).

Yeah i strongly agree that the pics for aerial display looks dull due to the overcast and cloudy sky (also a bit hazy).

made the photos look whitish/blown out.....:confused:

Yah. Also, it doesn't bring out the colour as in the saturation of it as sunlight was very weak, therefore the dullness of the pics.

Definitely need to postprocess. I normally don't do too much PP, but this time no choice thanks to the haze. A tip.. Photoshop Auto Levels works GREAT :) although you still need to do some additional work after auto levels.

Waa...me suntanned liao....:(

Haha yeah at least I look more tanned..

How was the crowd/crush/queue/wait today?

Definitely need to postprocess. I normally don't do too much PP, but this time no choice thanks to the haze. A tip.. Photoshop Auto Levels works GREAT :) although you still need to do some additional work after auto levels.

How was the crowd/crush/queue/wait today?

For those who know me, i don't do any PP cos i always like my pics fresh from the cam. Crowd today still bad. I didn't do any queuing except for taxi when going home at 1400hrs and still waited almost an hr. I saw the shuttle bus queue on the other side and it's very long and congested, literally a few thousand pple.

Actually i'm burnt quite bad...my neck and arms are all red and painful. Tomolo go work colleagues sure say i lobster.

Hahaz yeah. I'm even worst! I was there since tuesday, everyday 90mins in the sun for the displays. Now my arm even has the mark of my watch, coz it was untanned. But well, it was worth it at the end of the day.

Hahaz yeah. I'm even worst! I was there since tuesday, everyday 90mins in the sun for the displays. Now my arm even has the mark of my watch, coz it was untanned. But well, it was worth it at the end of the day.

Haha same! My face is also burnt.

But in another note, when i saw the Black Knights performance i was so impressed that after the 90min aerial display, i went to the pavilion behind where the A380 was parked and bought the plastic resin model of the Black Knights F-16C, comes with a stand. :lovegrin:

Haha same! My face is also burnt.

But in another note, when i saw the Black Knights performance i was so impressed that after the 90min aerial display, i went to the pavilion behind where the A380 was parked and bought the plastic resin model of the Black Knights F-16C, comes with a stand. :lovegrin:

Waa...$200/+??:thumbsup:

Wow....I almost wanna buy...:D

Oh u saw it also ah. Cos i like to collect these models and have the intention of looking for one before i came to the show today and found it. Initially quite skeptical on whether to buy but after the Black Knights' performance which really impressed me, i went straight to buy. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.