Singapore Airshow 2008, 19 to 24 February 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why there are "Trade Days" and "Public Days".

And not to forget most booths and planes won't open during "Public Days", as there are no "public" customers that will buy those planes. Just kids running about in the planes, damaging the interior.

To avoid the crowd, you have to go earlier than most other people and then leave much earlier or much later than most other people.

So in order to avoid waiting too long, you probably need to leave at about 1.30pm (just before the aerial display ends at 1.45pm) or hang around until well after 5.00pm. (may be 5.30pm or later outside).

From the Singapore Airshow wesbsite :

I still remember reading this earlier when I visited the website some time ago :

So ironic....:bsmilie::D

After dinner and shower, cool down a bit now...

Are there good things at this air show? e.g.
1. free buggy ride if you're tired of walking
2. friendly personnels explaining the aircrafts and taking photo when asked
3. police officers tried their best to control crowd and direct shutter buses
4.?

Another good thing :

They didn't check the tickets. Otherwise, the wait to check and process the tickets at the counters would be another 1-2 hours wait outside.

Some people are complaining that they didn't check and thus caused over-crowding inside.

(p.s. I went on Thursday and the situation was markedly different from what I read about the crowd today)

And not to forget most booths and planes won't open during "Public Days", as there are no "public" customers that will buy those planes. Just kids running about in the planes, damaging the interior.

For me i'm only interested at the exterior so it's not an issue. But the massive crowd tomolo will spoil my photo opportunities for the static displays.

LKY and his gang went on Thursday.

There are "Elite Days" and "Peasant Days". :embrass:

(ps. I'm definitely a peasant but I managed to get a trade ticket from an Elite and then piggy-rided on another Elite for my visit on Thursday).

went to the airshow today.. my first in so many aero display... always thought things will go swee swee as they were rather experience... and the advertising and promotion were so well done... but my first time is gonna be my last until improvements from the organisers...

1) online map is too simple for such huge events... not approx dist show, no legend, no scale... only 3 landmarks.. for me and my friend who walked, we felt very stupid...

2) online purchase of tix letdown again.. system buggy.. couldnt buy in the morning.. bought at S.A.M was ok, and an auntie told me even Post Office was not able to process... another F1 fiasco? :(

3) they didnt check my tix at entrance.. made us wonder was it really necessary to buy at all?? not that we were trying to test system, but discrepancies can be avoided...

4) as some of you mentioned, website stated tix not selling onsite, why the trouble for people to spend time buying at Post Office or locating S.A.M when a ticketing booth was setup?? worse, it's empty when i saw...

5) $5 for a shuttle trip?? thanks, as if the $20 was easy to afford... $5 for an assuming premium service but required hours to queue and cramp? my walk's getting the worth...

6) $20 tix into the area, if like us missing all the flyings, things could only get better if goody bags were given, FREE water or snacks provided.. thanks again if vendors were inside selling drinks and ice-cream, just that they cost again $2 and up...

if shuttling people can be such a headache, then organisers must really be prepared for worse, when F1 comes, where they promised so much of tours and excursions to be bundled with the few days of racings... can ERPs going to ease the traffic?? youth athletics for olympics must bear the pain as well if such hiccups not going to improve... very disappointed...:eek:

This is slightly off-topic.. Although I haven't been to this trade show and probabaly won't go after reading comments here, I'm going to give my 2 cents about the parking for next time (maybe one of the organizers would listen). I've been to a military airshow in Guam organized by the US Airforce at Andersen Air Base couple of years ago. It was free like some sort of a marketing campaign to encourage joining the airforce. they had the B-52 which i liked most, and you can practically enter most of the planes on display :). I was most impressed by how they organized their parking in a very orderly fashion. Basically, parking was on a first-come first-serve basis. The earliest would have the position nearest the entrance. You basically didn't have a choice where you park. You have to fill up the parking space on whichever is on the next queue. It made the traffic going into the base lighter, instead of holding up traffic because of people trying to choose a preferable parking site, (which in this case was equal anyways). I think it was the one neat idea, simple but effective!

no more public days show for me liao....

think i stick to going to trade days..

trade more freedom, more things to see and touch...

Wah, after reading what all the people said, don't feel like going anymore. I hate waiting and totally can't stand queues.

I got 2 tickets, if anyone wants to buy, can call me at 96696184.

If you are going today and still reading this thread. You better be going now...;)
After 10am, prepare to queue all the way.

I been there yesterday. Very very very crowded! Queue all the way...
I was at Pasir Ris and the queue was going round the MRT station plus many zig-zag queuing. Once you reach the air show site, you got to queue again. Then, you got to queue for scanning of all you bags and belongings..etc. You also got to queue to get into some of the plane.

I was very disappointed as I could not go into the AirBus A380; as it only for invited guess only. My main purpose to go for this show is to let my sons experience and get a feel what is in the AirBus A380. Really disappointed. :cry:

After the show, you have to queue again to get the bus back to Pasir Ris...basically queuing all the way. :sticktong
However, what I like to see is that nobody seem to cut queue. Everyone seem to well behave.

Picture taken from the bus...
airshow2008006pi2.jpg

After the show, you have to queue again to get the bus back to Pasir Ris...basically queuing all the way. :sticktong
However, what I like to see is that nobody seem to cut queue. Everyone seem to well behave.

Picture taken from the bus...
airshow2008006pi2.jpg

if can QUEUE to board the bus back to pasir ris, is OK.. but there was no queue yesterday..

everyone jus cheong and push whoever in front jus to board the bus..

i was sqeeze like sardine..

omg... :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

What is the time you are going back to Pasir Ris? I went back at about 16:00hrs and the queue was there. Yes, I witness the "Cheong" portion to board the bus...:sweat: However, the queue portion still well behave.

if can QUEUE to board the bus back to pasir ris, is OK.. but there was no queue yesterday..

everyone jus cheong and push whoever in front jus to board the bus..

i was sqeeze like sardine..

omg... :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

What is the time you are going back to Pasir Ris? I went back at about 16:00hrs and the queue was there. Yes, I witness the "Cheong" portion to board the bus...:sweat: However, the queue portion still well behave.

i left the site around 5pm yesterday, no queue at all, no need to cheong also, cos it's so squeezy you could only move slowly with the crowd

no cutting queue? when i was queuing at pasir ris yesterday morning, a middle age couple cut the queue behind me. i was there patiently reading newspaper and moving with the queue unhappily already. i turned back and asked them why cutting queue. the uncle told me they were in the queue before that, they just went to buy something then came back. i don't believe him. normally you would left one person in the long queue right? but what can i do? the event organizer did not do anything anyway...

abt ten minutes later the queue was broken, a group of youngsters in front of me turned to the other side (which apparently a wrong direction), i only found out 1~2 mins later, tried to go back to the queue and a lady thought i was cutting queue, almost wanted to quarrel with me, she kept saying "shame on you" at least 2 times, and told her little son it's a shame cutting queue....

i was so angry, but what can i do?

ard 3 plus

Status
Not open for further replies.