Singapore Airshow 2008, 19 to 24 February 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, origionally I thought my cam had some problem, but I doublechecked with the other.
I agree it was quite fairly Hazy and overcast, but what I really wonder is those guys hauling 300mms in the show centre, lifting it up over their heads to get a clear shot? You do that?
Also, I long ago tanned liao ;)

Oh u saw it also ah. Cos i like to collect these models and have the intention of looking for one before i came to the show today and found it. Initially quite skeptical on whether to buy but after the Black Knights' performance which really impressed me, i went straight to buy. ;p

Blacknights can close sales somemore...:bsmilie:

No lah, $155 at 1/48 scale.

Could u take a photo of the model? I hv been looking for a quality one. Once I saw a Skyhawk in PLAB going for $100. But the details is not os good so I did not buy.

Could u take a photo of the model? I hv been looking for a quality one. Once I saw a Skyhawk in PLAB going for $100. But the details is not os good so I did not buy.

Here's the pic with its box with detachable stand. The box is around the size of a regular cake box, except a little higher.

Picture1-11.jpg

The Q.......1 hr for going back @ 2pm....:):thumbsd:

Aiyoh.....

Initially I was telling myself "Maybe should have come on Sunday instead" since I had a hard time deciding whether to buy tix for Sat or Sun. Now I know.. either way.....both kena!

Ya, origionally I thought my cam had some problem, but I doublechecked with the other.
I agree it was quite fairly Hazy and overcast, but what I really wonder is those guys hauling 300mms in the show centre, lifting it up over their heads to get a clear shot? You do that?

No big 2.8 300mm here.....just the smaller and lighter 100-400 ;)

A long zoom helps 'cut the clutter' and eliminate the heads from your photos. I can easily shoot over the heads since the planes are flying upwards, and the lens isn't too heavy.

Aiyoh.....

Initially I was telling myself "Maybe should have come on Sunday instead" since I had a hard time deciding whether to buy tix for Sat or Sun. Now I know.. either way.....both kena!

Both days sure to be crowded one mah, somemore weekend.

Today i just used my 70-200. Reach is enough for lower flypasts and in all cases, no heads are captured.

I n00b arh, so don't diss the photos

002_e.jpg

006_e.jpg

012_e.jpg

Just a little photoshop. Whaddya think?

Here's the pic with its box with detachable stand. The box is around the size of a regular cake box, except a little higher.

Thks! Now I have to find one for myself. I wonder if Air Force Museum has stock....:think:

Today i just used my 70-200. Reach is enough for lower flypasts and in all cases, no heads are captured.

70-200 is quite decent too. Big targets like the A380 are easily captured with that. A teleconverter works well if you need a bit more reach.

Not bad. I like the last one. A tighter crop on the second one (jets more to the left, with a long white tail extending off to the right side) would make it even better.

Thks! Now I have to find one for myself. I wonder if Air Force Museum has stock....:think:

Then u've to find out from them. :) But detailed die-cast models for commercial planes. I like those from Phoenix models as they've the most detailed markings i've ever seen. Al comes and limited editions and are not cheap.

70-200 is quite decent too. Big targets like the A380 are easily captured with that. A teleconverter works well if you need a bit more reach.

Yes the A380 sometimes i even have to zoom back a bit to cover the whole plane. Even the Roulettes are the same when flying in the whole group at lower levels.

i swear next time i'm going to the airshow, i'm going as a trade visitor....

002_e.jpg

006_e.jpg

012_e.jpg

Looks like the sky today was a bit better than yesterday's. Yesterday when the Black Knights did their heart thing in the sky the top part was completely obscured by clouds. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.