FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
ElJay said:
looks like many ppl have got very nice shots

here are mine - just so so onli still learning - for your comments please. thanks!

I like the 2nd picture most! Lovely!
I guess you cropped all your pictures rite? It makes your composition rather weird.. :think:

GeckoZ said:
I like the 2nd picture most! Lovely!
I guess you cropped all your pictures rite? It makes your composition rather weird.. :think:

Sorry, computer got prob and accidentally spammed.

I still prefer the result from film , but not digital.

GeckoZ said:
got sample? i think film would be nicer too but havent seen any before.

Agreed with negatives giving a better margin compared with it's digital counterpart. Come to think of it. Was at the esplanade opening donkey years ago. Couldn't afford a DSLR yet then. Thus went in with two rolls of FUJIFILM. Seems the effects ok but a bit over expose.
Think all in all, the buffer for film is much better but you gotta spend more $$ on developing..
Can bring and share next time when there is a shoot out session. ;p

FOCALPOINT said:
Agreed with negatives giving a better margin compared with it's digital counterpart. Come to think of it. Was at the esplanade opening donkey years ago. Couldn't afford a DSLR yet then. Thus went in with two rolls of FUJIFILM. Seems the effects ok but a bit over expose.
Think all in all, the buffer for film is much better but you gotta spend more $$ on developing..
Can bring and share next time when there is a shoot out session. ;p

hhahaha~ sounds cool to me :thumbsup: i think we need to orgainse an outing soon for S2/S3 users? :bsmilie:

GeckoZ said:
hhahaha~ sounds cool to me :thumbsup: i think we need to orgainse an outing soon for S2/S3 users? :bsmilie:

No prob for me. Provided i'm not working shift. Let me know ya. You can get me at 97325312.

Btw, just saw on the news quite a lot of spectators got hurt by a sudden hale storm while watching national day fireworks in hungary. :( Am really fortunate that we do not have to bear with the sudden weather changes like in temperate climates.

FOCALPOINT said:
No prob for me. Provided i'm not working shift. Let me know ya. You can get me at 97325312.

Btw, just saw on the news quite a lot of spectators got hurt by a sudden hale storm while watching national day fireworks in hungary. :( Am really fortunate that we do not have to bear with the sudden weather changes like in temperate climates.

ok noted! ;)

GeckoZ said:
ok noted! ;)

Almost forgot.:eek: Must be getting old liao. ;p I have posted some pics of last years SFF in the gallery section. Pls do take a look and welcome your comments. Includes other stuff from my trek to India as well.;)

Can search under my username.:D

FOCALPOINT said:
Almost forgot.:eek: Must be getting old liao. ;p I have posted some pics of last years SFF in the gallery section. Pls do take a look and welcome your comments. Includes other stuff from my trek to India as well.;)

Can search under my username.:D

wah i lazy to search. It's holiday and i need to escape from those research kind of task. send me the link leh.. :bsmilie:

GeckoZ said:
Shifu!!! Your photos all damn nice one!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wah! Call me shifu somemore. Then i must collect disciple fee liao! Hahaha :bsmilie:

No lah. Just happen to be at the right place at the right time. Dat's all! Nothing great lah. Locally there are really limit opportunity to get good scenic shots. Maybe can get good stuff in more ulu places like ubin or sembawang side.

My shots rely alot on my camera lah. How bout shots taken using ur prosumer cam? Any nice ones to share bo? ;)

FOCALPOINT said:
Wah! Call me shifu somemore. Then i must collect disciple fee liao! Hahaha :bsmilie:

No lah. Just happen to be at the right place at the right time. Dat's all! Nothing great lah. Locally there are really limit opportunity to get good scenic shots. Maybe can get good stuff in more ulu places like ubin or sembawang side.

My shots rely alot on my camera lah. How bout shots taken using ur prosumer cam? Any nice ones to share bo? ;)

Eh i mean your other shots also damn swee leh, not just the fireworks one. :bsmilie: what shots u wan to see from my prosumer?? fireworks also ar??

i got my own photobloggie here lar, click on the photo to go "next". ;) http://geckoz.sgedulab.com

GeckoZ said:
Eh i mean your other shots also damn swee leh, not just the fireworks one. what shots u wan to see from my prosumer?? fireworks also ar??

i got my own photobloggie here lar, click on the photo to go "next". http://geckoz.sgedulab.com

Very interesting photos! Amusing ones for the Cosplay thingy.
Handled the B&W ones very well!
I like the parachute shots and the fireworks with the spotline in view at the stadium! Good position!
Think the ones that really did leave an impression are the building shots using sunlight as the foreground and sunset shots!
All were very good! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:Guess i gotta call you shifu liao! :bsmilie:

Btw,
I too lasy to set up blog so have emailed the link for my overseas pic to ur hotmail acc.
Quite a lot hor especially my India trip shots! Slowly see and give me your comments!;)

FOCALPOINT said:
Very interesting photos! Amusing ones for the Cosplay thingy.
Handled the B&W ones very well!
I like the parachute shots and the fireworks with the spotline in view at the stadium! Good position!
Think the ones that really did leave an impression are the building shots using sunlight as the foreground and sunset shots!
All were very good! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:Guess i gotta call you shifu liao! :bsmilie:

Btw,
I too lasy to set up blog so have emailed the link for my overseas pic to ur hotmail acc.
Quite a lot hor especially my India trip shots! Slowly see and give me your comments!

Thanks for the comments!
You are still my shifu lar, i dun always get good shots like this often :bsmilie:
i saw the pics u emailed me, i love your portraits and lanscape shot most! :thumbsup: Protrait shots are very attractive to me eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.