EOS 5D MKII club.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh .. ClubSnap need to gear for video streaming liao... the video fever may strike anytime...

Even flicker worked that video route a few months back only...

No worries lah, CS did include video forums for Video lovers.
Flickr had limitations in uploading videos, Youtube recently can upload HD videos.
Now I am looking for web base that can upload HD videos FREE! :)

(1) Sprewell
(2) engrmariano
(3) PictureFreak
(4) m3lv1nh0
(5) phoakm :bsmilie:
(6) falconite (members have what priveledges?)
(7) flyer

Do you guys notice is a small red reflection above the top AF point on your 5D2s whenever that AF point is activated? It doesn't bother me, but I checked both copies and both had them so just curious.

Do you guys notice is a small red reflection above the top AF point on your 5D2s whenever that AF point is activated? It doesn't bother me, but I checked both copies and both had them so just curious.

Hey.. i go check.. is it the asssist AF pts?

(1) Sprewell
(2) engrmariano
(3) PictureFreak
(4) m3lv1nh0
(5) phoakm
(7) flyer
(8) xavier_xw

wow, flyer, you have TWO sets?!!!

hey, was wondering, which shop has stock NOW?

Last edited:
(1) Sprewell
(2) engrmariano
(3) PictureFreak
(4) m3lv1nh0
(5) phoakm :bsmilie:
(7) flyer

I have it too..selected center AF point.. when I lock focus.. the top AF points is lighted up too.. most likely because of the reflection.. quite confusing but I guess I will get used to it.. that's the problem of getting the first batch.. just holding the mkii makes me feel that I am a better photographer.. muhaha

When CP called to inform me my pre-order had arrived, I overheard someone giving up his queue for one piece so I jumped on the opportunity and reserved the other. Business expense helps :)

Just press the AF Point Selection / Magnify button and all the AF points will light up and you can check if there is a red reflection above the top AF point in the VF. It seems to be present only when the top AF point is lighted. Just one very small issue I've noticed so far.

When CP called to inform me my pre-order had arrived, I overheard someone giving up his queue for one piece so I jumped on the opportunity and reserved the other. Business expense helps :)

Just press the AF Point Selection / Magnify button and all the AF points will light up and you can check if there is a red reflection above the top AF point in the VF. It seems to be present only when the top AF point is lighted. Just one very small issue I've noticed so far.

holly ****..........looking at ur collection of camera ....... :bigeyes:

I have it too..selected center AF point.. when I lock focus.. the top AF points is lighted up too.. most likely because of the reflection.. quite confusing but I guess I will get used to it.. that's the problem of getting the first batch.. just holding the mkii makes me feel that I am a better photographer.. muhaha

I think that's the reflection, I noticed it since I started to use 400D. It's more noticable because AF points in 5d ii are all located pretty close to the center - let's face it, there is one thing not good about 5d ii, ;)

wow. theres a club for 5D2... reminds me of my time in primary school.

I was at John 3:16 today and tested the 5d Mark II. High ISO performance truly is really good and the picture quality is top notch.

My friend who was a nikon user tested the d700 so i decided to test it out too. A lo and behold, it's quality was also really outstanding. Super low noise at ISO 3200 and totally usable at 6400.

Very impressive. Someone should do a comparison between these two since they are similarly priced. D700 is 3500 now. Price dropped by 900 since it first came out.

5D mark II is totally not worth buying for the price that it is now. Better wait awhile longer.

cathay quota me 3999 something and still no stock.. tmr try tk c how..

(1) Sprewell
(2) engrmariano
(3) PictureFreak
(4) m3lv1nh0
(5) phoakm
(7) flyer
(8) xavier_xw
(9) toshiaki :thumbsup:

I think that's the reflection, I noticed it since I started to use 400D. It's more noticable because AF points in 5d ii are all located pretty close to the center - let's face it, there is one thing not good about 5d ii, ;)
Here is another...

You cannot open 5DmkII RAW on CS3... not without considerable difficulty of first converting to DNG... now my digital work flow is screwed!! CS4.. here i come!!

Here is another...

You cannot open 5DmkII RAW on CS3... not without considerable difficulty of first converting to DNG... now my digital work flow is screwed!! CS4.. here i come!!

sure kena purchase CS4 when purchase of 5D MKII. camera raw 5 not supported by CS3.
damm......:angry:
follow link from adobe.
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html
even purchase CS4 still need to update the camera raw 5.2 from adobe web site above.

Last edited:
sure kena purchase CS4 when purchase of 5D MKII. camera raw 5 not supported by CS3.
damm......:angry:
follow link from adobe.
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html
even purchase CS4 still need to update the camera raw 5.2 from adobe web site above.

Just use DPP lor, its pretty capable software in its own right, though the workflow with PS is somewhat contorted at best at this stage. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.