D600 Do You Have Spot/Oil Issue?

D600 Do You Have Spot/Oil Issue?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dw8888 said:
So sad hearing this. :cry:

Why? The D600 comes with a lifelong sensor cleaning service. You just need to bring it to Nikon once a week until the sensor dies.

Why? The D600 comes with a lifelong sensor cleaning service. You just need to bring it to Nikon once a week until the sensor dies.

Lol did NSC say that ? Seriousy I mean . If so I will get loca set this week end .

miyata said:
Lol did NSC say that ? Seriousy I mean . If so I will get loca set this week end .

I believe he meant that as of now, the dust issue of the D600 has not been resolved, and that the only solution that Nikon provides is free sensor cleaning. Exactly how long it lasts is a question, but given that there has been no breakthrough with this issue, a "lifelong" sensor cleaning service seems be the only solution.

Of course, I won't expect Nikon to maintain the free sensor cleaning service indefinitely - they would have to hire an entire team just to do sensor cleaning. After all, the sales of the Nikon D600 can only increase with time. As more Nikon D600 dslr land in the hands of consumers, more D600 owners will claim for this service. It is quite unsustainable.

I believe he meant that as of now, the dust issue of the D600 has not been resolved, and that the only solution that Nikon provides is free sensor cleaning. Exactly how long it lasts is a question, but given that there has been no breakthrough with this issue, a "lifelong" sensor cleaning service seems be the only solution.

Of course, I won't expect Nikon to maintain the free sensor cleaning service indefinitely - they would have to hire an entire team just to do sensor cleaning. After all, the sales of the Nikon D600 can only increase with time. As more Nikon D600 dslr land in the hands of consumers, more D600 owners will claim for this service. It is quite unsustainable.

I see i see ..... :think:if only they set up a cleaning centre in NEX that will make my (our) day;p

ricohflex said:
Cameras and lenses are just adult toys.

I wonder what you do with your gears behind closed doors. :bsmilie:

Blur Shadow said:

I doubt the sales increase, at least here in Japan the D600 seems to be on special offer already coz not enough people want it.

Last edited:
The only way of getting Nikon to find a solution to the residue/ oil problem is to STOP buying its "problem" product since it has been keeping silent about the whole issue!

ageha said:
I doubt the sales increase, at least here on Japan the D600 seems to be on special offer already coz not enough people want it.

There has to be some sales lah. Although yes, I have heard that the D600 is not selling well at all. Which is sad, because it is an excellent product that is marred by such a flaw.

Josh Ho said:
The only way of getting Nikon to find a solution to the residue/ oil problem is to STOP buying its "problem" product since it has been keeping silent about the whole issue!

I couldn't agree more. Unless they acknowledge it I'm kind of unwilling to give them my money.

Blur Shadow said:
There has to be some sales lah. Although yes, I have heard that the D600 is not selling well at all. Which is sad, because it is an excellent product that is marred by such a flaw.

I don't think it's sad at all, it's a good thing because that's the only way to force them to look into the issue. So far it looks like they keep producing the D600 with the known flaw and they don't care.

This issue certainly divert sales aways and towards Canon 6D....

baolong said:
This issue certainly divert sales aways and towards Canon 6D....

Good, maybe Nikon will wake up in a couple of years to send someone over to their subcontractor in China to fix the shutter units.

1st time i got dust spot was around 50-150 SC and it was 2 hard spots at the top middle and left top. After borrowing a blower i was able to remove it.

Now around 450 SC it appeared again and it was around the same 2 spot....
this time it happen to a weekend and am unable to borrow a blower until monday....I can see it when i shoot from F5 onwards even at F5 it isnt that obvious but when shooting the sky can see...super annoying.

I guess i should buy my own Blower since i have to use it so often...Btw can any1 recommend me a small but powerful blower to bring around while traveling overseas???

makes me feel like selling my d600 away....and buy 6D but i m using Nikon lens....lazy to get the mount adapter...

does the 6D has such issue as damaging as the d600 when it comes to anything effecting the IQ?

Last edited:
1st time i got dust spot was around 50-150 SC and it was 2 hard spots at the top middle and left top. After borrowing a blower i was able to remove it.

Now around 450 SC it appeared again and it was around the same 2 spot....
this time it happen to a weekend and am unable to borrow a blower until monday....I can see it when i shoot from F5 onwards even at F5 it isnt that obvious but when shooting the sky can see...super annoying.

I guess i should buy my own Blower since i have to use it so often...Btw can any1 recommend me a small but powerful blower to bring around while traveling overseas???

makes me feel like selling my d600 away....and buy 6D but i m using Nikon lens....lazy to get the mount adapter...

does the 6D has such issue as damaging as the d600 when it comes to anything effecting the IQ?

Not using d600, but you can try gittos rocket blower.

thx, i manage to buy myself a 3 in 1 set blower and just blown off the dusk on my sensor....annoying but nothing serious. however if it happen during shoot i will be very piss since i shoot landscape alot....

this is a pic that i hv taken jus outside the NSC yesterday when i sent it for cleaning...

DSC_3081r by ijnek, on Flickr

waitin for my cam to be ready, either thur or fri.
i will post another pic then

Seems very bad, now i am thinking whether to postpone upgrade my d90 to d600 or not.

this is a pic that i hv taken jus outside the NSC yesterday when i sent it for cleaning...

DSC_3081r by ijnek, on Flickr

waitin for my cam to be ready, either thur or fri.
i will post another pic then

I would leave the camera at NSC, otherwise it's a hassle to bring it back again and again.

Seems very bad, now i am thinking whether to postpone upgrade my d90 to d600 or not.

You can read my mind. Why not snagging the D800?

Last edited:
yups, the dust seems to be concentrated in the left field.

it does seem like a fundamental design/ manufacturing issue...but ah well, as long as they don't officially acknowledge it, just clean and clean for now.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.