D600 Do You Have Spot/Oil Issue?

D600 Do You Have Spot/Oil Issue?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mogwai said:
yups, the dust seems to be concentrated in the left field.

it does seem like a fundamental design/ manufacturing issue...but ah well, as long as they don't officially acknowledge it, just clean and clean for now.... :(

They will never acknowledge it, that's not how Nikon rules. ;) How long is the dpreview.com review out already? Nikon hasn't even commented on that one.

nikon SC jus called me to say my cam is ready for collection.
sent in on mon afternoon, ready on wed. took abt 2 working days ...

Lesser customers so faster service

whats the % of getting the dust in the camera? im planning to buy this camera and bring it overseas and im afraid that when im overseas i need to find a NSC

eys123 said:
whats the % of getting the dust in the camera? im planning to buy this camera and bring it overseas and im afraid that when im overseas i need to find a NSC

Nikon said the probability is 0.0000000000001% to be precise. I would say you can buy it with confidence.

Unfortunately, dust is part and parcel of owning a dslr, not just this one. So, in answer to your question, 100% (and this applies to any other dslr you buy).

ya u really got no choice unless u 4ever dont change lens and dont go dusty place.

just buy a rocket blower and clean it urself. if it is just dust shouldnt be hard to blow it off urself. just dont use compress air....i bring along the blower with my camera. they shouldnt be separated haha

okay... hmmm but need to bring it to NSC once in a while?

hmm okay. i heard from my friend FX cam tend to get more dust?

okay hmm will think about that thanks :)

eys123 said:
okay... hmmm but need to bring it to NSC once in a while?

Depends on how much it bothers you.

For myself I cant remember the last time my cam went beyond F8, and I dont shoot landscape or much sky, clear background that sorts..so its quite a non issue.

Maybe b4 warranty expires then go clean once.
Unless of course it starts to really rain dust..lol

Last edited:

If it's a D600, 100% chance you will like getting debris on the sensor. It's a sad reality that D600 owners must live with.

Sadder because Nikon refuses to acknowledge or deal with the problem.

Last edited:
If it's a D600, 100% chance you will like getting debris on the sensor. It's a sad reality that D600 owners must live with.

Sadder because Nikon refuses to acknowledge or deal with the problem.
Finally someone who's a bit more realistic. :)

Realistic. Pessimistic. Call it what you will. Hahaha. As a D600 owner I'm accustomed to taking ****. :p
As long as you can blow off the dust with a blower all is good but going down to NSC once in a while for that is definitively not cool.

it's like ownin a car, u hv to do maintenance once in a while...

from my sample pics, i would say NSC did a good job

it's like ownin a car, u hv to do maintenance once in a while...

I disagree.

With a car you have reasonable expectations of maintenance.

With a D600 you have far more problems than reasonable expectations would justify.

Has anybody checked if the Singapore Lemon Law applies here?

jfxberns said:
I disagree.

With a car you have reasonable expectations of maintenance.

With a D600 you have far more problems than reasonable expectations would justify.

Has anybody checked if the Singapore Lemon Law applies here?

Well, good luck with proving the lubricant and debris on the sensor aren't caused by the owner.

Well, good luck with proving the lubricant and debris on the sensor aren't caused by the owner.

Well, that's where it requires actions as a group. If 1 person finds a problem, it's an exception. If 100 people all have the same problem, it's a provable defect.

After some consideration, it seems to me we (D600 owners) have grounds to take action here in Singapore.

Are there others out there that agree that we are entitled to some remedy to this problem??

Are there others willing to stand up and take action?

jfxberns said:
Well, that's where it requires actions as a group. If 1 person finds a problem, it's an exception. If 100 people all have the same problem, it's a provable defect.

After some consideration, it seems to me we (D600 owners) have grounds to take action here in Singapore.

Are there others out there that agree that we are entitled to some remedy to this problem??

Are there others willing to stand up and take action?

Do you have already an experienced lawyer on that case?

Status
Not open for further replies.