D600 Do You Have Spot/Oil Issue?

D600 Do You Have Spot/Oil Issue?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you clean yourself, you are only cleaning the low-pass filter, not the sensor itself. So the answer is No.

People are still cleaning old cameras in service centres, never heard anyone say the sensor spoil after cleaning, so don't need to worry. :)

thank for you reply.

If you clean yourself, you are only cleaning the low-pass filter, not the sensor itself. So the answer is No.

People are still cleaning old cameras in service centres, never heard anyone say the sensor spoil after cleaning, so don't need to worry. :)

the only worry is that the sensor ends up even more dirtier after cleaning.... like what happened to my D700. In the end, still send to NSC.

the only worry is that the sensor ends up even more dirtier after cleaning.... like what happened to my D700. In the end, still send to NSC.

That's what I always do, send in to NSC for cleaning. It's a "privileged service" for us :cool:

I will not clean it myself, let those that are obligated, do it ;)

here's a test i did with my d600.
take a look and c if the dust bothers u.

Why does it not bother you? Circled with red.

D600spots-withredcircleMobile.jpg

Last edited:
the spots only shows up from f/8 onwards.
at this moment, i'm not shooting marco or nite shots and hv no plans to travel, so i can live with it for the time being.
will get it cleaned later.

also, i achieve the 3102 SC by using the interval shooting from menu....cos i seldom shoot these few weeks as I jus had a minor surgery

That's what I always do, send in to NSC for cleaning. It's a "privileged service" for us :cool:

I will not clean it myself, let those that are obligated, do it ;)

But your obligated to make two trips to CBD on weekdays, on to drop off, one to pick up. That's a cost (in time and money to you), not a privilege.

jfxberns said:
TBut your obligated to make two trips to CBD on weekdays, on to drop off, one to pick up. That's a cost (in time and money to you), not a privilege.

NSC is walking distance from my office bro, drop off Liao can go opposite have Ah Hua Bak Kut Teh somemore. Need to Makan anyway...

Ok it's not a privilege to all, but to me it is still ok, though I wished I never need to exercise it....so potential buyers be prepared before plunging into the camera and then complain here and there later :)

Don't understand what you mean by "more dirtier"? So if it become more dirty can it be recover.
What I worry is you accidental scratch the sensor.

dw8888 said:
Don't understand what you mean by "more dirtier"? So if it become more dirty can it be recover.
What I worry is you accidental scratch the sensor.

You can't scratch the sensor even if you wanted to, there is a set of filters on top of it and that's what they clean. Anyway, I guess on a microscopic level every contact with it will result in scratches, being a wet wash, a brush or whatever but certainly it won't affect the image.

Last edited:
Yes, the sensor will not be scratched during sensor cleaning because there's a filter in front.
But if the filter is scratched, IIRC, the whole sensor has to be replaced.

There's some risk in sensor(AA filter) cleaning so be very extra careful.
If you're sending your camera for cleaning, best is to take a proof /evidence before sending and check carefully after collection. :)

Yes, the sensor will not be scratched during sensor cleaning because there's a filter in front.
But if the filter is scratched, IIRC, the whole sensor has to be replaced.

There's some risk in sensor(AA filter) cleaning so be very extra careful.
If you're sending your camera for cleaning, best is to take a proof /evidence before sending and check carefully after collection. :)

Have been curious, how to take proof for sensor? photograph with another DSLR?

Or just like checking for dust, shoot a white piece of paper or wall at small aperture just before sending the camera for cleaning. Use that photo to compare after cleaning.

Ah, never thought of that. Thanks for the tip!

15000 SC
and still getting new spots
so, forget about the 3000 mark guys

fatigue said:
Or just like checking for dust, shoot a white piece of paper or wall at small aperture just before sending the camera for cleaning. Use that photo to compare after cleaning.

It's a wise thing to do every time you send your camera in, regardless whether it's for sensor cleaning or not. I do it on the spot in front of the CSO every time. Saved me time from dispute on a couple of occasions already.

nerdie said:
15000 SC
and still getting new spots
so, forget about the 3000 mark guys

I put in NSC for 2-3 days, end up during collection still not cleaned properly. As I need the camera, I just tell them, "I'll be back". Mine is 12k +

the spots only shows up from f/8 onwards.
at this moment, i'm not shooting marco or nite shots and hv no plans to travel, so i can live with it for the time being.
will get it cleaned later.

also, i achieve the 3102 SC by using the interval shooting from menu....cos i seldom shoot these few weeks as I jus had a minor surgery

Do get well. Health is paramount.
Cameras and lenses are just adult toys. Relatively not important.

Lots of people take photos with apertures of F8 and smaller (to F22 or 32).

Anyway, if you bought the camera brand new, then the poor QC during camera production is not acceptable.

Last edited:
I am not sure if this is a repost but some people are reporting Scratched mirror box in their d600. So the dust came from the camera itself, as the dust is actually scratch shaves off from the camera each time you take a picture.

i have yet to check if my newly brought has the same problem (only 120 SC) but i have 2 spots so far. top mid and middle left -.-
So taking logic with it, the dust will cont to stay and increase until the curtain no longer has any contact with the friction causing object...

kind of like how car tires get worn out after prolong use....guess we have to keep using it until the scratch is deep enff to not touch the other surface -.- hope u guys understand what i m trying 2 say.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.