Beginners Outing(Part 13)-Tiong Bahru Estate on the 10 July(Photos thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Can anybody tell how to pics here? I think it may need hosting on any other site first...

You can always post your pics on Flickr first then post the link here.. There's an option to insert an image (linked to host site) when you compose a msg here.

HTH

Adobe Lightroom 2 or 3 would be a good choice :)

lightroom. ok will go find out. its definately another new thing to me. thanx scoop. =)

@longshu: "oh ok. i do reckon i will need to work lots on part 1. and part 2... oh no... i got new thing to learn and polish up. yes, i wanna capture and hv good picos too. I understand what you mean ya. So as to this, using programs like cs4 or anything to recommend? thanx"

You can use Gimp. Gimp is an open source software which is similar to Photoshop. It is free and legal and for most photograpehrs' needs, it is as good as Photoshop. And you do not have to cough up a single cent for it. I use it myself.

See http://www.gimp.org/

lightroom. ok will go find out. its definately another new thing to me. thanx scoop. =)

No worries :) if you're looking for something simple to use and can help you catalogue your pics, you can try out Picasa. It's free to download off google :)

Cheers

hey bro, dont care what others say when you cannot see the halo when it is not obvious..
even i cant see that -.-!

some people eyes are just too sharp or what la.
these kind of ppl kay pa lan one.

I think ppl have been kind enough to give constructive remarks.
This is way better than just a :thumbsup: or :thumbsd: with nothing to add on. (though the former of course makes everyone happy); Like what? (remember what worked and what ppl liked) Don't like what? (remember that and avoid it next time if possible)
Learn to accept them for your own benefit. You have the right to disagree with the comments of course, in which case you need to be mature and intelligent enough to give your thoughts/viewpoint/perspective.

Last edited:
I think ppl have been kind enough to give constructive remarks.
This is way better than just a :thumbsup: or :thumbsd: with nothing to add on. (though the former of course makes everyone happy); Like what? (remember what worked and what ppl liked) Don't like what? (remember that and avoid it next time if possible)
Learn to accept them for your own benefit. You have the right to disagree with the comments of course, in which case you need to be mature and intelligent enough to give your thoughts/viewpoint/perspective.

Agreed. There's alot for all of us here to learn from this episode, but I too believe that Axis has received enough stick for his comments and it's about time for everyone to move on from here. Ironic how it's my picture involved, but the 'war' doesn't involve me....:sweat:

Cleon, I would suggest closing this thread so we can move on from this episode. Lots of learning points for everyone.

I know Scoop has requested that this thread be closed (which is fine by me) but what is essentially the difference between landscape and street photography? Apologise if it is a silly question from a macro shooter. TIA.

Alfarabi

I know Scoop has requested that this thread be closed (which is fine by me) but what is essentially the difference between landscape and street photography? Apologise if it is a silly question from a macro shooter. TIA.

Alfarabi
Well, from wikipedia:

Landscape photography is a genre intended to show different spaces within the world. Basically means we shoot scenery - usually without people inside.

Street photography is a type of documentary photography that features subjects in candid situations within public places such as streets, parks, beaches, malls, political conventions, and other settings. You want to capture scenes with humans, their emotions and their interactions with their environment in street photography.

No worries :) if you're looking for something simple to use and can help you catalogue your pics, you can try out Picasa. It's free to download off google :)

Cheers

For free software, these 2 gets my vote.

Advanced: Gimp. free and covers 70-80% of what photoshop can do. With the right (and free) plug-ins installed, it can cover 80-90% of what photoshop can do.

Simple: Photoscape. Free and easy to use, tons of features, including cross-processing, skin smoothening, film simulation.. etc..

And yes, both software are multi-language.

Enjoy.

For free software, these 2 gets my vote.

Advanced: Gimp. free and covers 70-80% of what photoshop can do. With the right (and free) plug-ins installed, it can cover 80-90% of what photoshop can do.

Simple: Photoscape. Free and easy to use, tons of features, including cross-processing, skin smoothening, film simulation.. etc..

And yes, both software are multi-language.

Enjoy.

Does it cover all RAW format like photoshop? Or there is a limit it could cover?

On a side note, anyone working around Raffles Place wanna meet up for lunch or something to TCSS? Just a thought to widen our network :)

heh.. ok, maybe I should create a thread in Kopitiam for this.. haha..

On a side note, anyone working around Raffles Place wanna meet up for lunch or something to TCSS? Just a thought to widen our network :)

there's already a thread in KPT, though the last couple of pages used to vent anger by :kok: and :flame: me... hehehe

i work here... but my lunch hours quite rush need to go back on time :sweatsm: but i dun mind afterwork. :)

Wow:bigeyes:

Must really salute you guys.One night and you people can create 2 new pages in this thread:thumbsup:Anyway,i think there is tooooo much OT already.If you guys wanna start war again,pls do so in kopitiam.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.