A200 launched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sodes, emm, just checking out, do you guys know of this tripod by Sony, VCT-R640. Is that able to support the alpha?

It's a standard tripod. It'll support any alpha. BUT you'll need to be more concerned about the weight of the lens attached to the alpha. ;)

Where to get the best deal for A200? Was quoted 1099 with 4g MS, bag and extra 2g MS at MS, any other shops can get better discount, thanks

It's a standard tripod. It'll support any alpha. BUT you'll need to be more concerned about the weight of the lens attached to the alpha. ;)

Soka, arigato! Was worried that the tripod wouldn't be able to support. If not I will have to change tripod already. Now time to save up for the alpha!

Any shops recommended for good deals on the alpha?

Where to get the best deal for A200? Was quoted 1099 with 4g MS, bag and extra 2g MS at MS, any other shops can get better discount, thanks

It's still very new, so that's likely to be the best price you're going to get in SG. MS is well known for giving the best Sony price in SG.

A200 a bit sad... overshadowed by the A300/350 plus potential revelation of the A900... SONY really needs a halo product...

hi guys, will try yo post an ISO 1600 shot soon :)
anyway the A200 is really responsive and i enjoy every shot, though the view finder on the A700 is bigger. I would say for entry level i love this A200. Coupled with a Tamron 17-50 mm F2.8 the photos are bagus :)

Good to see some test shots here. Unfortunately A-200 is sold as a bundle, I would love to use the Tamron on it. Then again, with the A300 and A350, Sony has not made it easier to choose which camera to buy. haha...

okay some shots,

1. ISO 3200

http://picasaweb.google.com/solomoncw76/A200NewShots/photo#5161609822711249138

2.ISO 1600
http://picasaweb.google.com/solomoncw76/A200NewShots/photo#5161610088999221506

All JPEG fine, when i got time will use the converter to convert from RAW. You can download the JPEG full res from the website

Thanks. I think the ISO 3200 is pretty acceptable...

yah imagine if you resize to say 6 MP. I think most of the time we need 6 Mp only unless really impt shots :p.

Hi just got myself an a200 from MS at 1050 incl gst with Sony pktg. Cant wait for the a300 cos going to Tasmania for long term aft CNY. Not a bad deal I think. Now charging the batt and had taken a few snap shot. V satisfied with the speed and af just abit noisy on the motor. Like the built and MIJ. Was thinking of Cannon 400d, just dont like the small size, grip and name -"Rebel" in other continents even though the pict quality is good and wide variety of lenses esp cheaper 3rd party ones. Noticed that Sony alpha lenses are ex, so hoping to have more 3rd party lenses coming out.

Yo just gotten an a200 fm MS at 1050 w gst and Sony pkg. Cant wait for the a300 cos going to Tasmania aft CNY for long term. Hoping to use this camy till next upgrade to maybe a900 next time.

Oh yes, the Sony pktg comes with a $100 voucher to purchase Sony lenses, anyone want to get the voucher? I can part it at $50 or so or exchange with a medium to large size camera bag, CF or MStick? Thanks

hi just realise there is no beep sound when auto focus was done. i have turned on the sound but still nothing. is the no beep sound originally?
Hi just got myself an a200 from MS at 1050 incl gst with Sony pktg. Cant wait for the a300 cos going to Tasmania for long term aft CNY. Not a bad deal I think. Now charging the batt and had taken a few snap shot. V satisfied with the speed and af just abit noisy on the motor. Like the built and MIJ. Was thinking of Cannon 400d, just dont like the small size, grip and name -"Rebel" in other continents even though the pict quality is good and wide variety of lenses esp cheaper 3rd party ones. Noticed that Sony alpha lenses are ex, so hoping to have more 3rd party lenses coming out.

Just reaslied, the focus mode was set to AF-C. So no beep sound :p switch back to AF-S it works

Yo just gotten an a200 fm MS at 1050 w gst and Sony pkg. Cant wait for the a300 cos going to Tasmania aft CNY for long term. Hoping to use this camy till next upgrade to maybe a900 next time.

Oh yes, the Sony pktg comes with a $100 voucher to purchase Sony lenses, anyone want to get the voucher? I can part it at $50 or so or exchange with a medium to large size camera bag, CF or MStick? Thanks

1050 is for the single lens kit?
Any quote given for the dual lens kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.