A200 launched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, tried the A200 at IMM today, it's very responsive... feels like an a700 only - that it's tiny, but good... :)

Whoa, tried the A200 at IMM today, it's very responsive... feels like an a700 only - that it's tiny, but good... :)

Bro, now then you tell me ..................:(

Hi,

Does anyone know if the A200 is with the metal lens mounting plate?

thanks.

yes it metal

It should be - it's a crucial component that supports a lot of weight. :)

I buy in Cathay Photo Alpha Gallery liao. hehe. ;)

hahaa.... i wanna buy after CNY.. does anyone know when is the upcoming IT fair? Guess if I buy it there, will receive more gifts and discounts and so on.. =D

hahaa.... i wanna buy after CNY.. does anyone know when is the upcoming IT fair? Guess if I buy it there, will receive more gifts and discounts and so on.. =D

IT Fair will be March 6 to 9 if I not mistaken, cause I will probably be working down there. . .

cool!! im actually helping my friend to purchase.. dunno is she is able to wait that long.. guess by that time A300/350 will be out! Thanks for the info ken!

Been using 7D for the past 3 years, always thought that auto focus for A mount system is really sucky. I hope that someday it will be as good as Canon focusing, silent and fast.
Now I use Alpha 200, wow!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
The time is here.

Been using 7D for the past 3 years, always thought that auto focus for A mount system is really sucky. I hope that someday it will be as good as Canon focusing, silent and fast.
Now I use Alpha 200, wow!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
The time is here.

I must agree on the AF on the 7D... that's the driving factor for me to upgrade... and that's also why I am holding back on lens purchases... cos the new bodies might just AF nicely and quickly with that I already have!

anyone use this lens TOKINA ATX PRO 80-200F2.8 for sony or no such mount ?

Tokina has pretty poor support for SONY as far as their new lenses are concerned... there are many old Tokina lenses which fit the A-mount from yesteryear... they are quite good also although they tend to be pretty heavy... metal body... I prefer polycarbonate...

Just realised the A300/A350 doesn't have the DRO function. Can anyone confirm, coz just check the A300/350 specs at DPreview.

But also written in the hands-on preview "Sony’s D-Range Optimizer delivers suitable tonality and exposures with rich shadow and highlight detail, even under high contrast situations."

So have or not. The specs for the A200 show it does have DRO, I can confirm it too as I played with it at IMM.

Just realised the A300/A350 doesn't have the DRO function. Can anyone confirm, coz just check the A300/350 specs at DPreview.

But also written in the hands-on preview "Sony’s D-Range Optimizer delivers suitable tonality and exposures with rich shadow and highlight detail, even under high contrast situations."

So have or not. The specs for the A200 show it does have DRO, I can confirm it too as I played with it at IMM.

i usually take raw my alphas, this time you can use the DRO in one of the post-processing options. Yes it does light up the shadow area, esp under the foliage of the trees

DRO is a competitive advantage the Sony Alphas have. The A300 and A350 will have it for sure, though they may not have the Advanced DRO options of the A700.

Status
Not open for further replies.