K-5 gets a Photokina *STAR*

i definitely would when i have exhausted the use of my k20d, i.e. as a replacement.

i don't see any compelling reason to get rid of a perfectly working camera whose flaws i can live with for now.

the reason why i dumped the k100d was the painfully crippled DR, which meant i had to hdr a lot. it's still a very able camera to me, and i miss it sometimes...

Would tentative reports of K-5 DR at low iso potentially exceeding the S5pro sway you?

Also like to add that the D7000 launch is the best thing ever. Hoya originally wanted to price it like a 7D / D300s but realised that there is no way they can compete with the D7000 priced so competively.

Would tentative reports of K-5 DR at low iso potentially exceeding the S5pro sway you?

Also like to add that the D7000 launch is the best thing ever. Hoya originally wanted to price it like a 7D / D300s but realised that there is no way they can compete with the D7000 priced so competively.

oh, it would definitely contribute to the eventual decision, but i never believe in being an early adopter. :)

whatever it is, buying or not, i am happy to know that pentax is moving forward, and not resorting to pixie dusting.

it's nice to know that everytime you get a new model, there is something actually new. there are actual improvements, and models are not rolled out for the sake of posting more advertisements, to just "keep up" for the sake of doing so, resulting in very artificial competition. it begs the question sometimes - why do you need a replacement, if the replacement isn't going to give you much more from the second newest model?

Last edited:
Looks to me only 1 winner for each category. The N, C, Kr and K5 all belong to the normal DSLR grouping, I think. I am sure if there were 2 winners, probably KR will make it into the list too. The Finepix X100 would not belong to any category since its a new concept. So its one-choose-one category ? ;)
I am amazed the GH2 beat the NEX though. The NEX is more innovative.

Sure you can let it go to me. I can hold it for you anytime..for free too... ;p
after trying and checking out nex5's photos..
i strongly discourage anyone to buy it..

the claimed high ISO performance is a big fat lie..

after trying and checking out nex5's photos..
i strongly discourage anyone to buy it..

the claimed high ISO performance is a big fat lie..

mmm. Not from my experience. As far as ISO is concerned, in low light, its performance is on par with the kx which itself is exceptionally good. (significantly better than the K7). Image quality wise is nowhere near the pentax lenses I have, but then again, I have never treated it more than anything but a premium DSLR-quality PnS to begin with. :)

I am also waiting for Pentax EVIL
Rumours for so long... Mr. Hamada hinted so obvious already... but not EVIL :cry:

I am also waiting for Pentax EVIL
Rumours for so long... Mr. Hamada hinted so obvious already... but not EVIL :cry:

Takes time to develop and test. if not perfect everyone will complain again. Give them a little more time. I do hope it will be as small or smaller than the NEX with real pancake lenses. Maybe use standard lenses. :)

..but yours is a lousy camera that took great pictures.:bsmilie:

Yeah, it's taken some good photos. But nobody wants it, even at such a low price :confused: I guess it IS a lousy camera :dunno:

Last edited:
Yeah, it's taken some good photos. But nobody wants it, even at such a low price :confused: I guess it IS a lousy camera :dunno:

Not only you that is affected I think, just came by shops and it looked like ghost town... :p

Think everyone is taking a wait and see attitude now.. So many new DSLR coming out, spoilt by choice now.

i think buying a new camera, 1 must be prepare to get as much mileage as possible else changing every 18 months have to prepare to make a hugh loss and top up to get the new 1...

so its better when u plan to get a new camera, that camera better serve u well for at least 2-3 yrs, else its money down the drain every 18 months...

lucky i didn't jump on the K-7 bandwagon... but K-5 is different hee hee... clean iso1600 and improve AF, i can live with it for the next 2-3 yrs...

lucky i didn't jump on the K-7 bandwagon... but K-5 is different hee hee... clean iso1600 and improve AF, i can live with it for the next 2-3 yrs...

What a good excuse :p

Hope my wife buy this reason too .... but my Kx ... ard 10month nia leh

I bought the K-x for my wife... i already consider that non-recoverable loss :bsmilie:

but end up she dun use it say too big too heavy, only i use... :angry:

anyway if she does not intend to use it anymore in a long run... im gonna dump it at a super cheap price and get the LX5 for her...

K-5 i will wait for CNY promotion... :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: pentax buy / sell forum will be a very busy place for sellers in the coming months...

i think its sad though... the K-7 and K-X are still very good cameras... this massive sale is going to do nothing but destroy value and give low-ballers a field day :thumbsd:

Wah you have just set a priced to dump kinda benchmark. Ugh! Spoil market liao, now other K-7 users will have to suffer bigger loss if they want to sell their cameras quickly... :eek:

Wah you have just set a priced to dump kinda benchmark. Ugh! Spoil market liao, now other K-7 users will have to suffer bigger loss if they want to sell their cameras quickly... :eek:

Maybe we should start posting some of our best photos taken with the K-7 in the technical discussion thread ;p

i think buying a new camera, 1 must be prepare to get as much mileage as possible else changing every 18 months have to prepare to make a hugh loss and top up to get the new 1...

so its better when u plan to get a new camera, that camera better serve u well for at least 2-3 yrs, else its money down the drain every 18 months...

Nah, everyone should upgrade whenever a new Pentax camera comes out, otherwise how Pentax can survive ;)

I don't know, some guys just follow whatever I do :( They should at least wait until mine is sold mah :angry:

Maybe we should start posting some of our best photos taken with the K-7 in the technical discussion thread

Then I'll just keep posting lousy photos in my K7 ad :bsmilie:

Nah, everyone should upgrade whenever a new Pentax camera comes out, otherwise how Pentax can survive ;)

I don't know, some guys just follow whatever I do :( They should at least wait until mine is sold mah :angry:

Then I'll just keep posting lousy photos in my K7 ad :bsmilie:

Like that cannot sell lah Must put your best pics for ad. With the A*135/1.8 kekeke :devil: