K-5 gets a Photokina *STAR*

Have to say this is fantastic news indeed. :thumbsup:
This is the perfect antidote to all the negativity and doom and gloom surrounding the K-5 that you find posted by the hordes of idiots and armchair experts lurking on PF and DPR. :thumbsd:

This is the perfect antidote to all the negativity and doom and gloom surrounding the K-5 that you find posted by the hordes of idiots and armchair experts lurking on PF and DPR. :thumbsd:

sorry but i don't think this is an antidote to anything ;)

a lot of it boils down to the insecurity of the individual... like women addicted to cosmetic surgery... that loud bunch just needs constant validation that their cameras are really as good as, if not better than the competition.

unfortunately, pentax doesn't do enough marketing to soothe the insecurity of this segment of users :bsmilie:

so in the absence of positive affirmation, they indulge in doomsday delusions that they are heroic adherents of a "dying" brand and the company had better heed their enlightened call for reform.

no offence meant to anyone. i don't post in PF. i just read and laugh :bsmilie:

I saw so many K-7 on BnS. Now I know who is the culprit :bsmilie:

hey where's D7000? 60D?;)

Seems like we've not had our hands on one and the awards are already out.

Great to hear Pentax has another winner. If only Emjay will take full advantage of these developments and awards to reposition the market's mindset...:)

I saw so many K-7 on BnS. Now I know who is the culprit :bsmilie:

I would be even happier if there are alot more C cameras on sale when the K5 is launched ! ;p

Last edited:
on that note, other cameras that are also awarded Photokina *Star* award.

Fujifilm Finepix X100
Samsung NX100
Sony SLT-A55V
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2

I wonder just what was it about the 60D or the D3100/D7000 that they did not make the list? Even the Kr didnt make the list?

Last edited:
Great news indeed!

As to those 'sky is falling' talks around some forums, it's been like that once or twice in a year for many years already.

Does that mean that i can let go of my k-7? It still looks new. :(

Nah, better not. Let me find a buyer for mine first ;p

Launch price K5 is going to be lower than what was reported. FW, you better find a buyer quickly, as more K7 will be in the BnS section.:bsmilie::bsmilie:, all waiting to updgrade.

marcus

and clubsnap.........

when you look at it objectively, and indulge in photography more seriously, i don't see a major letdown in terms of pentax compared to any of the market leaders.

it's all a compromise, you don't win all the time.... especially as hobbyists, i don't really see a compelling reason to absorb the marketing of any camera brand. of course there will be people who will be more than happy to thumb their nose derisively... i say that they should be ignored.

Last edited:
on that note, other cameras that are also awarded Photokina *Star* award.

Fujifilm Finepix X100
Samsung NX100
Sony SLT-A55V
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2

I wonder just what was it about the 60D or the D3100/D7000 that they did not make the list? Even the Kr didnt make the list?

Looks to me only 1 winner for each category. The N, C, Kr and K5 all belong to the normal DSLR grouping, I think. I am sure if there were 2 winners, probably KR will make it into the list too. The Finepix X100 would not belong to any category since its a new concept. So its one-choose-one category ? ;)
I am amazed the GH2 beat the NEX though. The NEX is more innovative.

Does that mean that i can let go of my k-7? It still looks new. :(

Sure you can let it go to me. I can hold it for you anytime..for free too... ;p

So are you buying?

i definitely would when i have exhausted the use of my k20d, i.e. as a replacement.

i don't see any compelling reason to get rid of a perfectly working camera whose flaws i can live with for now.

the reason why i dumped the k100d was the painfully crippled DR, which meant i had to hdr a lot. it's still a very able camera to me, and i miss it sometimes...

i think the fujifilm x100 looks bloody sexy

Launch price K5 is going to be lower than what was reported. FW, you better find a buyer quickly, as more K7 will be in the BnS section.:bsmilie::bsmilie:, all waiting to updgrade.

marcus

Don't do this to me leh :( Please please, someone takes my K7 so I can have money to buy and test out K5 for all ;p

Nah, better not. Let me find a buyer for mine first ;p

Sure you can let it go to me. I can hold it for you anytime..for free too... ;p

hahah, no intention of selling nor lending lor, I'm still waiting for the EVIL...

though I must admit k-5 and X100 really is darn poisonous... :lovegrin:

any news about the release in Singapore?

Last edited: