A200 launched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, I am simple man lah ............ just give me a simple camera can liao ........... :)

Just something from Sony which is equally as good and yet cheaper than the KM5D when it was first launched. very contented liao ............ :D

do u still remember those day when KM5D was launched ? the reviews also said until so good here and there.

Yes Master
as u repeatly told/guide/reminder me how to get more out of our photography by relying on skill rather than on body.
perhap u can show zenten a point or two how to shoot with km5d
u had solid track record, more than 2 yrs of experience of handling and skill well honed in N*tD

km5d + 85 f1.4 = sharpness beyond imagination. :thumbsup:

the A200 imo, will enhance Sony's mass appeal in the DSLR realm. Good value for solid performance. :)

Minus the bells and whistles of course.

Very suitable for a simple man like me ........... :D

simple man ? ya.. rite s5pro.. simple man arr ? :bsmilie:

simple man ? ya.. rite s5pro.. simple man arr ? :bsmilie:

Bro, seriously the S5 Pro is a very simplistic camera .. not even 3 FPS.... just shoot and get good images... that's all. I hope that the A200 is the same. :)

do u still remember those day when KM5D was launched ? the reviews also said until so good here and there.

It's still good but the times have changed ................ :)

Sunday Times announced that A200's SRP is $1099 with kit lens... :bigeyes:

Was in KL, Sony Centre there don't have A200 yet but smaller shops everywhere is letting it go at RM1999 (S$885)... :think:

For the extra 2 hundred bucks, we get peace of mind (15mth warranty) and no need to hurt our backside going up to KL... :nono:

It has also been confirmed from certain sources that SG will only have the kit set and dual kit set. No body only at the moment. I believe it is really aimed at new users who want to try out dslr... Sony's marketing strategy seems to be aiming at new users and not upgraders.

I saw in a taiwan forum that their pre-order package over there is really very worthwhile. Buy either A200k or A200W, add another NT$6000, u can get another F1.4 prime lens (iirc). Somemore, besides the standard items (body, lens, bag, accessories), the pre-order package also includes a crumpler bag and a typical business bag.

i wonder if Sony Singapore will follow suit? ;p

Sunday Times announced that A200's SRP is $1099 with kit lens... :bigeyes:

Was in KL, Sony Centre there don't have A200 yet but smaller shops everywhere is letting it go at RM1999 (S$885)... :think:

For the extra 2 hundred bucks, we get peace of mind (15mth warranty) and no need to hurt our backside going up to KL... :nono:

It has also been confirmed from certain sources that SG will only have the kit set and dual kit set. No body only at the moment. I believe it is really aimed at new users who want to try out dslr... Sony's marketing strategy seems to be aiming at new users and not upgraders.

yes, they wanted to capture market share 10% this year.

Price for A200 confirmed around the same price as current A100 in Sg. Get the dual kit lenses for 1.4K packed with an extra battery up to 1.5K for a moderate wide to tele of 450mm with the 70~300mm lens.

http://www.sony.com.sg/microsite/dslr/products_kits03.html

You are good. Sony Singapore haven't even declare this web page up yet. Haha..
I should think there is a delay in the launching..

I just bought :)
i would say the ISO 3200 is ususable under normal room light :)
but then have not tried with really dark errors

I just bought :)
i would say the ISO 3200 is ususable under normal room light :)
but then have not tried with really dark errors

what shop? how much? freebies?

Cathay. I think price and freebies same as the one on the web lar :p
no way to get discount

Saw the sg website, all with kit lenses package. Was thinking of getting the A200 body only for my sis but do not need the kit lenses. Already have a few consumer grade lenses covering the 18-300mm range so if I were to get new lenses, I am also aiming for the "G" or "CZ" grade ones.

I am moving on to a DSLR from a DSC-T20, but the dilemna for me now is a100 or a200? Any advices from current alpha users?

hi i was a A100 user, i would say the new A200 has a better LCD display (larger sharper). Also the autofocus speed is nice :) faster can feel it. Oh yes, i did take a few shots at ISO 3200. i Think the noise is acceptable to me.

I am moving on to a DSLR from a DSC-T20, but the dilemna for me now is a100 or a200? Any advices from current alpha users?
If the price are not too much different, A200 probably a better choice for it improved ISO noise, AF speed, better LCD screen etc.

But better wait for more reviews or opinions.

:dunno:
If the price are not too much different, A200 probably a better choice for it improved ISO noise, AF speed, better LCD screen etc.

handle it personally, i would say it a v nice camera
small size,light weight,snappy af

Sodes, emm, just checking out, do you guys know of this tripod by Sony, VCT-R640. Is that able to support the alpha?

:dunno:
handle it personally, i would say it a v nice camera
small size,light weight,snappy af

Handled it and come and tell me got 2 dials ............ alamak you!! :sticktong

Status
Not open for further replies.