4 new alpha bodies ready to rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i worry now:sweat:

Anyone think they will have a top mounted LCD such ar the Canon 40D or the Nikon D80 ?

I was really expecting Sony to put it on their A700 and was surprised to see they didn't.

Personally I think it is a most usefull feature.

Any comments on this ?

Cheers :)

until now still using my 7D, i dun find the top LCD is a need for me. maybe i am used to the back LCD display that it is unnecessary to have a top LCD. the top LCD to me is a optional display which all the info are already displayed at the back

until now still using my 7D, i dun find the top LCD is a need for me. maybe i am used to the back LCD display that it is unnecessary to have a top LCD. the top LCD to me is a optional display which all the info are already displayed at the back

.........and the viewfinder(not all info though).

Anyone think they will have a top mounted LCD such ar the Canon 40D or the Nikon D80 ?

I was really expecting Sony to put it on their A700 and was surprised to see they didn't.

Personally I think it is a most usefull feature.

Any comments on this ?

Cheers :)

top mounted lcd no use for me either. i can count the number of times i really need a top lcd view in the past 2 yrs, with my 1 hand :bsmilie:

Alpha 100, Alpha 200, Alpha 300 Alpha 350 alpha 700 Alpha 900

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

300, 350 LV

Alpha 100, Alpha 200, Alpha 300 Alpha 350 alpha 700 Alpha 900

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

300, 350 LV

so will there be a A750 LV?;p

That was an intentional leak by SONY... and I bet that they will unveil the A900 only at a press conference. And let all the cameras in the world focus on their flag ship... it means that SONY will now have a complete range of cameras... but I cannot understand the logic of having an A300 & A350... no sense to that... one of them is a red herring... and essentially the A300/350 is in the same market space as the A200... so I don't know how they will sell the A200 is the A300/350 costs just a bit more... or how they will sell the A300/350 if it costs a whole lot more... it will probably cannibalise sales from the A200 and the A500... funny tactics...

if you read CS, there is still a significant number of people who don't like live view.

Even if the A300 is slightly more expensive than A200, there are people who will go for the A200 as it is cheaper and lighter.

... but I cannot understand the logic of having an A300 & A350... no sense to that... one of them is a red herring... and essentially the A300/350 is in the same market space as the A200... so I don't know how they will sell the A200 is the A300/350 costs just a bit more... or how they will sell the A300/350 if it costs a whole lot more... it will probably cannibalise sales from the A200 and the A500... funny tactics...

Hmm. Maybe they're employing the "if you can't convince 'em, confuse 'em" strategy? :think:

if you read CS, there is still a significant number of people who don't like live view.

Even if the A300 is slightly more expensive than A200, there are people who will go for the A200 as it is cheaper and lighter.

The photos of the A200 & A300 look identical... and the implementation of LiveView together with the articulated LCD screen will not add much to the weight. At most 100g. So there is little to choose from them... and frankly if the A300 costs a few hundred dollars more, then most people probably will pass the A300 (as you mentioned most people on CS are not interested in LiveView). BUT, if SONY's implementation is significantly better and easier to use, then that few hundred dollars extra would be considered worth while. If the implementation is iffy like Canon or decent like Nikon, then the A300 will be stillborn...

And if the A300 costs only 100 dollars more (which is unlikely), then the A200 will be doomed... regardless of whether the LiveView is useful to the buyer or not...

But having said that, let's all see how things pan out... SONY has always been quite innovative in carving up the market into segments that people didn't knew existed...

Status
Not open for further replies.