4 new alpha bodies ready to rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) A200, 2) A300, 3) A350 and what is the 4)?? A900?? We shall see tonight at PMA 2008.

Seems like DSLR is in fashion and getting popular. I bought A100 just last nov (although it came out much earlier), and now A200 is out selling at the same price (if not better). My friend bought D40x last nov, and now it is to be replaced by D60. Then you also have the 450D to replace 400D. DSLR lifspan is now getting shorter than 18 mths (that's what the salesman told me). Unlike the competitors (not heard anything yet), Sony released 3 entry-level bodies and LV (as we know now, A200, A300, A350) before A700 (semi-pro), and maybe another A500, or a FF high MP A900? Whether Sony is going to cannibalise their own product sales or expand market share, and whether the world is really into LV, it is going to shake up the whole DSLR market, especially with their might (they made sensors, tvs, pcs, psps, etc) and market strategies. Well, lot of excitement now for the DSLR community :bigeyes:

The photos of the A200 & A300 look identical... and the implementation of LiveView together with the articulated LCD screen will not add much to the weight. At most 100g. So there is little to choose from them... and frankly if the A300 costs a few hundred dollars more, then most people probably will pass the A300 (as you mentioned most people on CS are not interested in LiveView). BUT, if SONY's implementation is significantly better and easier to use, then that few hundred dollars extra would be considered worth while. If the implementation is iffy like Canon or decent like Nikon, then the A300 will be stillborn...

And if the A300 costs only 100 dollars more (which is unlikely), then the A200 will be doomed... regardless of whether the LiveView is useful to the buyer or not...

But having said that, let's all see how things pan out... SONY has always been quite innovative in carving up the market into segments that people didn't knew existed...

I agree with the last line especially, they are certainly good at identifying user groups then fashioning out products for it... :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.