4 new alpha bodies ready to rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried my friend's on a 5D... even my friend said so hen he used mine.. not sure if its cause of the body also.. me using A700 he using canon 5D la.. might be cause of that also.. but the 1.2 makes the lens damn heavy cause more glass elements i think and that might cause the slower focusing?

I tried my friend's on a 5D... even my friend said so hen he used mine.. not sure if its cause of the body also.. me using A700 he using canon 5D la.. might be cause of that also.. but the 1.2 makes the lens damn heavy cause more glass elements i think and that might cause the slower focusing?

i see
5D isn't built for speed, it more for landscape and still life...like my trusty 5D;p

a300 with liveview? :bigeyes:

1.jpg

some thread in dpreview forum. wah sony going all out with all guns blazing :bigeyes:

next thing shocker would be new a700 firmware to enable liveview! :bsmilie: (wishful thinking)
oooo.... got anything about other bodies? haha... possibly the image of a FF sensor in one of the body :think:

a300 with liveview? :bigeyes:

1.jpg

I guess, that shouldn't be surprising, considering that sony's been making handycams for a very long time, it's only a matter of time before they put that onto a DSLR.

I've got confidence, that the live view function should be just as strong as the other contenders out there... and perhaps... can record video too... so haha, might be a lower model, for if it's something like an a700i, will I sure will :bheart::bsmilie:

we shall see...lol. btw u said got fw for a700 for liveview? nothing yet ><

from R1, LV is nothing secret for Sony, A700 can LV if sony want to release it from FW, but if there is new A300/A750 to share market, why bother...SONY is SONY

Well, the person did come across as inflammatory (or at least bitter), even though I also agree with the point about Sony's prices are somewhat on the high side. (In a user focus group discussion by Sony, I even told them point blank that it's "ridiculous").

People will have different perceptions about the other brands. Maybe they are ignorant. Maybe they are insecure, threatened by the new kid on the block. It's just like how some people will ask? Tag Heuer? Hamilton? Simi lai eh? Never hear before! Rolek is best! Yup, they may have their points, but those who know, will know what's good for them.

To each his own, eh?

But seriously, Sony, I hope you're watching this thread. At the moment, I'm getting by by using 2nd hand 3rd party brand lenses. I can't see how you can conquer the mass market by charging niche market prices, even for the lower end consumer-grade lenses!

Exactly i agree with what has said.
I'm using a sony system and the lenses provided by sony are way too expensive,not to even mention the ones from carl zeiss.
Of course we can go into endless debates on the definition of what is considered "expensive" and what does it has to do with our buisness.
Things like these are going to be subjective to the general consumer but to sony?
It's going to be objective isn't it.
Sony currently does not have a huge consumer base for cameras and no doubt there will those who are willing to pay for the goods,are those who can really afford the products able to compensate the profits sony will lose if their prices do not appeal to the mainstream?

Personally,i am a loyal supporter of sony,they make really wonderful stuff.
have owned 2 notebooks from them,a sony system from them and a psp.
Their products are superb and full of innovation and even if it is to be charge a premium,it shouldn't even be that high.

When chosing a system,one of the main supporting factors would probaly be the availablilty of the lenses in the market and we all know that lenses from sony are way costly for the average joe to handle.
We're talking about appealing to the mass audience here isn't it?
If sony does want to increase it's market share of dslr consumer then shouldn't they start with the pricing of their lenses?

I'm sure there's improvement done by sony in their various products.
In the past when i bought the vaio sz,there weren't much comparism in terms of pricing because every single one if above 2.9k but now you see them rolling out cheaper alternatives like the CR and N series which i see students in my school using.

Let's hope for them to do a reviews on the pricing of their lenses.

Exactly i agree with what has said.
I'm using a sony system and the lenses provided by sony are way too expensive,not to even mention the ones from carl zeiss.
Of course we can go into endless debates on the definition of what is considered "expensive" and what does it has to do with our buisness.
Things like these are going to be subjective to the general consumer but to sony?
It's going to be objective isn't it.
Sony currently does not have a huge consumer base for cameras and no doubt there will those who are willing to pay for the goods,are those who can really afford the products able to compensate the profits sony will lose if their prices do not appeal to the mainstream?

Personally,i am a loyal supporter of sony,they make really wonderful stuff.
have owned 2 notebooks from them,a sony system from them and a psp.
Their products are superb and full of innovation and even if it is to be charge a premium,it shouldn't even be that high.

When chosing a system,one of the main supporting factors would probaly be the availablilty of the lenses in the market and we all know that lenses from sony are way costly for the average joe to handle.
We're talking about appealing to the mass audience here isn't it?
If sony does want to increase it's market share of dslr consumer then shouldn't they start with the pricing of their lenses?

I'm sure there's improvement done by sony in their various products.
In the past when i bought the vaio sz,there weren't much comparism in terms of pricing because every single one if above 2.9k but now you see them rolling out cheaper alternatives like the CR and N series which i see students in my school using.

Let's hope for them to do a reviews on the pricing of their lenses.

... agree on some points. If u look at Canon 70-200, they are so much cheaper than Sony 70-200, morever Sony one is not CZ nor IS/VR equipped.

Sony has sss.

in fact Sony 70-200 MTF improve much from minolta SSM 70-200, more worthy.

ZA16-80, ZA 135/1.8 still best choice for A-700

I am waiting for rumored ZA 24/1.4 to beat my current EF 24/1.4L

haha it'll be cool if they call their flagship "Alphabet-a" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.