WinXP help needed: how NOT to let it remember the passwords???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nov 3, 2005
CCK
www.bigstockphoto.com
i just discovered recently that Windows XP in fact can 'remember' all your passwords. when i access my posb internet banking, after i key in my user name, the moment i click on the password part, my password will immediately appear (as black dots), i only need to click the 'ok' button then i can access my bank account. it is a bit scary for me bcos anyone that has access my computer can now access my bank account!!! ;( how can i erase that memory in my computer? :confused:

1911 said:
i just discovered recently that Windows XP in fact can 'remember' all your passwords. when i access my posb internet banking, after i key in my user name, the moment i click on the password part, my password will immediately appear (as black dots), i only need to click the 'ok' button then i can access my bank account. it is a bit scary for me bcos anyone that has access my computer can now access my bank account!!! ;( how can i erase that memory in my computer? :confused:

go to "tools" -> "internet options" -> "content" tab -> "autocomplete" settings..

clear the passwords there and untick the options for "autocomplete"

hope it helps!

Usually i will go to the 'Tools'
Click on 'Internet Options'
Click on 'Delete Cookies'
Click on 'Delete Files'
Sometime 'Delete History' too.

For Internet Explorer, at the menu, start from Tools > Internet Options > Content tab. Under the personal information portion, click AutoComplete.... button. Make your selection and click Clear Forms & Clear Passwords where needed before pressing OK to finalize your selection

Go to Internet Options.......Contecnt Tab.....Autocomplete Button.....On the first box clear check box user names and passwords on forms....subsequently on the box below you can clear both Clear Forms and Clear Passwords. :D

furrypaws said:
go to "tools" -> "internet options" -> "content" tab -> "autocomplete" settings..

clear the passwords there and untick the options for "autocomplete"

hope it helps!

Wa learn something.. But user id also clear.........

Aiyoh for security reasons, User ID also cannot anyhow let people know.....Knowing the User ID is almost 50% of knowing both User ID and Password liao

Status
Not open for further replies.