Where do you guys get the MONEY for a 5DmkII ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny, just the other day i was asking on another forum how those rich yuppies find the money to buy a Lamborghini Gallardo...

My secret? Delayed gratification.

Plan and save... there's no other way.

Even if you are considering prostituting yourself, you can't buy a 5D MK2 with just one 'session'. Consider the costs: $3,800 (5D Mk2) divided by $150/session = 25 sessions. Assuming you can service 2 clients per night, that works out to 12.5 days, or approximately 2 weeks. Note that if you go via an agent, you only get 40% - that will set you back about one month.

Choose wisely..

funny, just the other day i was asking on another forum how those rich yuppies find the money to buy a Lamborghini Gallardo...

if you're that rich, then you're at a stage where money finds you.

Hi ShiNn ,

I run an advertising production company, if you really need cash for your 5DMKII, I can offer you a part-time job for this coming Dec or Jan 2010 (CNY decoration)

for wee-hours jobs, able to work late, real late (assist in setting up props etc at shopping malls) hourly rate payable - SGD $x per/hr and at x1.5 rate after 12am.

Interested? PM me for more details.

I'll offer something constructive..

I started with 40D and a 17-85 IS. Did a job to earn 1k.. upgraded to 17-55 f2.8 IS.

Did another job for another 1k, upgraded to 24-70 f2.8.

When 5D2 was announced, I did yet another job for 1k, sold my 40D and 24-70 before it depreciated till where it is right now. Along the way I rented camera to do more jobs or borrow my friend's camera.

And bought the 5D2.

I hope it doesn't come to you as bragging but in my case, I simply save and work towards my goal. And certainly I feel that the end justified the means. If you feel that the means justify the end, I strongly eencourage you to go for it. Its a great cam.

:thumbsup:
Good suggestion.
From my observation, some hobbyist have to do some freelance to support their expensive hobby.

some sell photos at stock photos site.

Some just simply earn more then others.

hmm, if you really want it and think you're good enough shoot weddings over weekends and make some money dude

Well, if it'll help you. I didn't eat for the next one week. Just water. Had to use both my credit cards and what ever cash I had in hand at the time to buy this cam. But its worth it.

Sell all your existing cameras.. etc.. Medium formats with a series of lens, some old film cameras, two digital bodies with a series of lens and sell your bicycle.... then buy one 5D Mk2 with EF35mm f2 and that's all... only body and lens...

Well, i got all my gear, 5d2 + 3 L lenses from my father-in-law. He cant get used to a Canon after being a Nikon user and after passing the canon, he bought a D3.

so envious :lovegrin:

Just dun sell yr body lah.
Yr mum & dad will be crying at home.Think...
Alot of things in life is more impt. than 5DMII!!!, upgrades is never ending one...
The person behind the cam matters most...not the cam bro...

Actually it is not hard to save $1K per mth. I use to save $2K a mth for my wedding. I only spend about $500 a mth during that time.

Chrysanthemum will become sunflower after the ordeal.....is it worth it , all for a Canon camera. :bsmilie:

Lucky I decided not to get a Leica M9 else may have to go this road.

My secret? Delayed gratification.

Plan and save... there's no other way.

Even if you are considering prostituting yourself, you can't buy a 5D MK2 with just one 'session'. Consider the costs: $3,800 (5D Mk2) divided by $150/session = 25 sessions. Assuming you can service 2 clients per night, that works out to 12.5 days, or approximately 2 weeks. Note that if you go via an agent, you only get 40% - that will set you back about one month.

Choose wisely..

Last edited:
Chrysanthemum will become sunflower after the ordeal.....is it worth it , all for a Canon camera. :bsmilie:

Lucky I decided not to get a Leica M9 else may have to go this road.

wah...never notice your gear chance....so many MF lens....i have faith M9 is comin g for u man.hahhaha

Actually it is not hard to save $1K per mth. I use to save $2K a mth for my wedding. I only spend about $500 a mth during that time.

u remind me of mine...those days ..everything i eat or do must be very careful and i always use calculator to count and count...so scary

Status
Not open for further replies.