What Made you choose the Panasonic GF1 or Olympus Pen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro where did you buy the leather body cover?

Aki-Asahi. Sadly, they cease production of wraps for BOTH E-P1 and GF-1. According to them, the demand is just too high for them to cope.

You can find similar ones off eBay though, made in Korea. Haven't tried one myself, so cannot comment.

E-P1
ISO 200, f6.3, 1/100s, Natural setting.

PB190142.JPG

GF-1
ISO 200, f5.0, 1/160, Dynamic setting.

P1030142.JPG

E-P1
ISO 200, f6.3, 1/100s, Natural setting.

PB190142.JPG

GF-1
ISO 200, f5.0, 1/160, Dynamic setting.

P1030142.JPG

abit of noise there, but i like the GF-1 colour mode more..

Aiyah how to buy?

Georgie's birthday parties cost an EP-2! :bsmilie:

Georgie must pick 4 numbers for you... who knows? Ha ha ha...

Buy the entire system in one go!

Aki-Asahi. Sadly, they cease production of wraps for BOTH E-P1 and GF-1. According to them, the demand is just too high for them to cope.

You can find similar ones off eBay though, made in Korea. Haven't tried one myself, so cannot comment.

Thks for the info

Likewise, the GF1 got no built-in IS and cannot AF with all 4/3 lenses and these are reasons why I would never get it. No built-in flash I can work around with an external flash if I ever need to flash (which is very, very seldom) but there's just no workarounds for no built-in IS and incompatibility with all 4/3 lenses. :thumbsd:

People who buy GF1 or EP-1 go for their compact size so they can bring it around like a PnS, if they have to carry external flash and big lenses, they might as well buy a DSLR.

no flash is not a big due actually.
Can just push the iso to 1600/3200 and shoot in b/w, results can turn out quite well too.
I support EP-1 !

People who buy GF1 or EP-1 go for their compact size so they can bring it around like a PnS, if they have to carry external flash and big lenses, they might as well buy a DSLR.
Agreed. I have a Canon DSLR & a Sony PNS. I'm trying to sell my pristine PNS away, but to no avail. Nevertheless i'm still getting the EP2. Just that if i can offload the PNS, could save me some money. Imagine having 3 cameras. Sigh, resale value of PNS is really pathetic. Some people just like to spoil market in the B&S section by selling so low for a mint PNS.

I dun like both brand but choose gf-1 because it is newer than ep-1. Haha.

BTW, for those not loyal brand user like me here a link for sharing

http://www.cameraquest.com/adp_micro_43.htm

:)
So if GF2 came out, that's newer than your GF1, will you go get it? :bsmilie:

Personally, i'd try both the cameras first. Though i'm leaning on the EP2 more. I like the colours produced by olympus.

So if GF2 came out, that's newer than your GF1, will you go get it? :bsmilie:

Personally, i'd try both the cameras first. Though i'm leaning on the EP2 more. I like the colours produced by olympus.

I would if got money and BS itchy..haha But seriously..There is no better cam there. ;)
Each has its own strong pt. Either one, just shoot and adapt to it's weakness if u find there is. Olympus brand I feel is more experience in photography.

Agreed. I have a Canon DSLR & a Sony PNS. I'm trying to sell my pristine PNS away, but to no avail. Nevertheless i'm still getting the EP2. Just that if i can offload the PNS, could save me some money. Imagine having 3 cameras. Sigh, resale value of PNS is really pathetic. Some people just like to spoil market in the B&S section by selling so low for a mint PNS.
make the sale price lower than what is offered at the shop since it is pre-owned can already.
problem with PnS is that new model coming out all the time and once there is a newer model the price of older model is gone. Not worth keeping anyway, sell it as long as it has value.

make the sale price lower than what is offered at the shop since it is pre-owned can already.
problem with PnS is that new model coming out all the time and once there is a newer model the price of older model is gone. Not worth keeping anyway, sell it as long as it has value.
It's in very good condition. Bought it at $600, 2 years ago. I still have warranty till feb 2011, because i bought extended sony warranty.

Trying to sell it off for $300+ Is that too much? :(

Panasonic or Olympus camera?? The choice is clear to me - Olympus camera. LOL!

Why bother with a flash that has lesser power than my torchlight? That is one thing I still fail to understand. Not to mention the harshness. Anyway, this is something that only photographers understand.

I dun like both brand but choose gf-1 because it is newer than ep-1. Haha.

BTW, for those not loyal brand user like me here a link for sharing

http://www.cameraquest.com/adp_micro_43.htm

:)

Gearslut you! ha ha ha...we can be sooooo geeky! That part I understand... I struggle with that too!

Give it away to a family member then! I always off load my older cameras to poor art students students. Even DSLRs.

It's in very good condition. Bought it at $600, 2 years ago. I still have warranty till feb 2011, because i bought extended sony warranty.

Trying to sell it off for $300+ Is that too much? :(

Nope. I think its reasonable, but PnS market is another beast altogether.

Panasonic or Olympus camera?? The choice is clear to me - Olympus camera. LOL!

You don't count! You are a die hard Oly fan! Look at your nick! ha ha ha....

Status
Not open for further replies.