What Made you choose the Panasonic GF1 or Olympus Pen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
EP-1 no onboard flash, this reason is enough for me not to choose it.
Likewise, the GF1 got no built-in IS and cannot AF with all 4/3 lenses and these are reasons why I would never get it. No built-in flash I can work around with an external flash if I ever need to flash (which is very, very seldom) but there's just no workarounds for no built-in IS and incompatibility with all 4/3 lenses. :thumbsd:

:bigeyes::bsmilie::sweatsm::sweat:
actually i did not really do the technical comparison between GF1 and Pen. (not really bothered by those reviews)
I love the Pen design, but GF1 feels better when i hold it in my hands.

Likewise, the GF1 got no built-in IS and cannot AF with all 4/3 lenses and these are reasons why I would never get it. No built-in flash I can work around with an external flash if I ever need to flash (which is very, very seldom) but there's just no workarounds for no built-in IS and incompatibility with all 4/3 lenses. :thumbsd:

Agreed. I can live without flash too. Even my DSLR has no flash paired up.

I got no m4/3 camera. :cry:

Simi si 7D?

I dunch like cannons.

I am a G1 user now, which is my first DSLR. But I was also thinking of getting either the GF1 or EP series in the future. After reading your review, you just give me a stronger reason to give Oly a try. Good write up.

Glad that helped. Hope you will enjoy the Pen as much as I did.

Good review Microcosm.

Thank you..

I bought E-P1 because of
1) style
2) style
3) style
4) eh.....it also takes great OOC jpegs.

PB250884.JPG

PA107110.JPG

This is not a nice camera... nice cameras are boring... this is a SEXY camera! Reminds me of David's set up too... very SEXY!

Bro, think you got it wrong. GF1 screen not that high resolution also, its 460k not 930k. E-P1 screen is 230k but I personally feel that although it is lower resolution than the GF1 screen, it is more viewable under bright sunlight.

Canon 500D has a 930k screen which blows both the E-P1 and GF1 away in terms of clarity.

To me, that is when the problem starts. The higher the resolution, the easier once gets the false sense of in-focus. Only upon reviewing on a computer, that is when the problem shows.

EP-1 no onboard flash, this reason is enough for me not to choose it.

There have been enough discussion about on board flash, but to some it is really important to them. So I guess that was the deal breaker. Maybe E-P3 will introduce the flash once more.

I guessed Panasonic wanted to take a different approach to designing a m43 system from Olympus. But as mentioned earlier, their lack of loyalty to customers is what making it scary to invest into a Panasonic system. At least I know Olympus always have something for their old faithful customers when designing something new. With Zuiko, Zuiko Digital and now M.Zuiko lenses, I pity the work of the Olympus engineer.

actually i did not really do the technical comparison between GF1 and Pen. (not really bothered by those reviews)
I love the Pen design, but GF1 feels better when i hold it in my hands.

This is the first time I hear this. But I am glad that someone like the ergonomics of the Panasonic.

I got no m4/3 camera.

Still haven't buy? Hmmm... you should look at the E-P2.

lols u got 7D only issit

Oh-oh... *ducks from pending motar fire*

Simi si 7D?

I dunch like cannons.

*whew*

Where did you buy the hood. So nice. I want want. Sad the EP2, is all black. Hoped for a silver or white. Haha. But it's lovely.

I bought it from here. All you need to do is to sit and wait for it to arrive. :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: BTW, tested no vignetting on the 20mm Pana lens.

Aiyah how to buy?

Georgie's birthday parties cost an EP-2! :bsmilie:

GF1.
Panasonic Service Center is very near to my place. hahaha :D

Winner of the "reasons why I buy a cam" award! :thumbsup:

GF1.
Panasonic Service Center is very near to my place. hahaha :D

wow the gf1 is that reliable huh.
i usually buy cameras with the expectation that i have no need to visit the service centre.

lols sil u see la u say wrong thing tio shoot.

I bought it from here. All you need to do is to sit and wait for it to arrive. :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: BTW, tested no vignetting on the 20mm Pana lens.

Bro where did you buy the leather body cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.