What Made you choose the Panasonic GF1 or Olympus Pen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like that, you should not drive a Made in Japan car. Drive those continental cars. Don't live in a Made in Singapore house. Get a bunch of European architects to build your house for you....

C'mon, do you think the Japanese are sitting there exclusively to build your products for you. Look inside the camera. Most of the parts still come from CHINA!!

Did i ever mention anything about made in Singapore or in Europe? Get Real,

I am comparing made in Japan against made in China.

Whether parts come from China or not, I do not know ( I guess you have opened up the Pen2 or GF1 to take a look since you are so sure ????)...but the fact that it is made in China or Japan says lots about the environment, the skills and the zealousness of the worker e.t.c in the entire QC process

And seriously, I doubt that the sensitive and high tech components would have come from China :eek:

Cool down

Last edited:
I think usually for a mid-high range product, the important parts like sensor will be from Japan themselves.

I used to work in a factory producing watch mechanics of a popular Jap brand. The finished parts will be shipped to Japan for final assembly and stated as Made in Japan, although we know that we produce the 'heart' of the watch right here in SGP. It's for their lower range of products. Higher range purely made in japan, comes with a heavy price tag. So actually for a MIJ tag, it may not be entirely built in japan. Not doubt on the GF-1 but it does happen, we can never know.

Anyway, just enjoy using the camera, I know I will. :)

MIC goods also have good one what... China already shoot rocket to space liao... then you should say Made in Singapore no good mah.

I have Casio, Pentax compact, Fuji Z2,F11,F31 F200EXR, Canon 350D, E3, Panasonic GF1....use so many systems also dun know where they made in. All my camera also nvr spoilt lay... but now the only camera I always goes back to is my E3 and F31.

why spend time debating made in where is good?? go and shoot more photo lah!!

sam

::drum roll:: Most popular interchangeable lens camera of 2009 in Japan is....

.... not the GF-1

http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/special/20091225_339663.html

This is based on a 'consumer sentiment survey' no details given.... NOT sales figures...

The BCN sales figures of DSLRs in Japan for this November were :
1. Canon Kis3 24.7%
2. Nikon D5000 11.3%
3. Panasonic GF1 8.3%
4. Nion D40 8.1%
5. Pentax Kx 7.1%
6. Canon 7D 4.9%
9. Olympus E-P1 2.7%
10. Sony A550 0.6%

:)

if by sales the nikon D90 should be top in Japan for 2009

I guess we all had our fair share of arguements. Lets take them into good heart and i will apologize if i had offended anyone. All my comments were written as happy as possible. So i wasn't angered or anything. Got to consider that works cannot show expression.;)

I've already received some feed back on to close this thread. However i feel that this thread may serve new users on the m4/3 camera ranges.:D

Lets keep in mind not to argue, though the tendancy is relatively high to do so.

So once again, i'll apologize on behalf of everyone and myself if anyone had felt offended.:)

Lets continue to keep this thread alive. Do bear in mind. The theme is "What made you choose either of the camera"

Not about bashing the brands up, but rather, what made you feel good about it?:bsmilie:

And if someone does write Eg. "That he/she chose a particular camera, because he/she likes the auto focus speed", lets take it to good heart.

You can make comparisions, but do it in a nice way. Eg. "I chose the panasonic GF1, because i didn't find the Olympus to fit my hands well. That was the factor that made me buy the GF1"

That's what the thread is looking for. Hope everyone understands this.

Thanks!;p

Their great Ads.

[vid]LsucX21aiuI[/vid]

Although Panasonic is not too bad too. They have a lovable kid and puppy bouncing about :bsmilie:

[vid]aiyDwAogSUk[/vid]

Last edited:
宮崎あおい Miyazaki Aoi

and she's married in case anyone is wondering. :)

[vid]5EcNPusbXho[/vid]

The making of the PEN commercial

[vid]5EcNPusbXho[/vid]

The making of the PEN commercial

can see that the photog used a MF cam to shoot the commercial in the beginning. although it might not be entirely practical as the marketing teams might need high resolution pics for large format prints, would it be more convincing if they had use a 4/3 or m4/3 cam to shoot the campaign pics? just like Canon's 5DMkII campaign by Geoff Ang earlier. :think:

Since i've been receiving requests to close this thread, i shall just do that.

Thanks for the contribution.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.