Users' feedback - SANYO 2500 replacement exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.
AhV said:
sorry guys .have been bz..... your batts should be safe :)
oh nice.. thanks.. thats a big relieve...

would anyone recommend me to keep buying sanyo?

I am planning to buy a battery grip for my camera therefore need to buy 6 xAA batteries.. planning to buy sanyo.. so can keep using the same charger..

oh another thing is that here in singapore using 220V... but when I go back to north america.. it will be 110V.. the charger says it supports 110V but will the charging time be doubled? would the performance be affected?

Hi, I got 8 Sanyo 2500mha that can't hold charge for long, probably about 1-2 days max. They are of the 05 03 batch I think, can't see the number clearly. Where can I get them exchanged?

henrylim said:
Give me Powerex 2500 anytime. They hold charge so much better.. :)

After a few months of usage and comparison of both Sanyo 2500 (the replacement ones) and powerex 2500, I have the following general observation. In all cases, I've been using the "soft charging" mode with the maha 8 cell charger throughout.

-the replaced sanyo 2500 hold charges better, even a week after fully charged, the typical voltage still measure >1.3V

-the powerex 2500 typically hold charges for >1.3V for only about 3 days. After a week, the voltage may sometimes drop to around 1.25V

Looks like my 2500 has given up the ghost.

Refreshed and recharged my batteries on Sunday night. Now, the batteries are near flat.

do they open on saturday?? got few 2500 and 2300 for exchange.. charge nv use next day flat liaoz ;(

I bought a sanyo charger that comes with 2x2500mAh batteries. I bought another 2x2500 mAh. The charges on the batteries totally went flat within 2 days ;( Before seeing this thread, I had plans to get canon to check on my S3IS :angry: The batch numbers are 05 01 0A and 05 03 0A. Problem batch? I guess so.

I had one more problem. I had another set of 4x2500, brand new, still in original packaging. How am I to know that they are problematic batch? If Sanyo insist that we must charge the battery before bring it to them, I feel that this request is not reasonable.

I had drop them an email but they had yet to revert back to me :angry:

I also have sanyo 2500 batteries with batch 0503AC and it seems to be self-discharging much quicker than my 2100 ones...
I sent email to Sanyo through the website, but they haven't replied yet until now :dunno:
Anyone exchange batteries with them recently? Can we just come down and ask them to test & replace?

how about batch no. 04 10 S1?? Any idea if these batch need to be exchanged.. I have 8 of them.....

hi all, just saw this thread. any idea whether the replacement exercise is still on?

hi all, just saw this thread. any idea whether the replacement exercise is still on?

Yes, would like to know this too. Just realised that my 2500s have a batch no of 05-01-0A, and I realised that they self-discharge quite frequently.

At first, I thought this was due to self-deterioration...

With the help of AhV, had my 4 Sanyo batteries replaced almost exactly 1 year ago. The new ones were ok for a while but now, they are in the same sorry state as the original 4.

With the help of AhV, had my 4 Sanyo batteries replaced almost exactly 1 year ago. The new ones were ok for a while but now, they are in the same sorry state as the original 4.

Sadly, so are mine, total of 5 sets of 4, 20 batteries. If I do a top-up charge for 30 minutes, full performance again, if not, flat after 2 days of rest. Sanyo is going to be real sad.

Sadly, so are mine, total of 5 sets of 4, 20 batteries. If I do a top-up charge for 30 minutes, full performance again, if not, flat after 2 days of rest. Sanyo is going to be real sad.

Mine too~ total of 10 batteries. On top of it, the batteries are hardly used...

I just gave Sanyo a call (number given by AhV somewhere here). They told me to go down to their office. I told them I'm not prepared to take half a day leave to bring in my batteries for them to test (they will replace them if faulty). Also told them they have a very bad name in the local forums and should do something about it. Then they offered to send their courier to pick up the batteries from me in Tuas and will send back the replacement after testing. That's better!

I am back ..... those who know me will know that I was really bz with personal matters :sweat:

Sorry for the 'bad' replacements..I will feedback to SANYO accordingly.

I can only say...use whatever works for you lo :)

Meanwhile, keep shooting .........:p

Just a quick update..... I have just returned the last batch of bad samples back to SANYO today

However, I did not collect any new stocks this round as I am too 'pai seh' :embrass:

Based on the latest feedback, the replacements are beginning to exhibit similar quick discharge issues :sweat:

So, I have decided to leave it to SANYO to decide their next course of action.

Good day, mates ! Thank You for reading :)

oh, my god, now then i know what happen. Full charge but only can use for one day. I will bring all those junk for refund (if can)

Just a quick update..... I have just returned the last batch of bad samples back to SANYO today

However, I did not collect any new stocks this round as I am too 'pai seh' :embrass:

Based on the latest feedback, the replacements are beginning to exhibit similar quick discharge issues :sweat:

So, I have decided to leave it to SANYO to decide their next course of action.

Good day, mates ! Thank You for reading :)

Hi fellas
I have 8 pcs of 2500mAH batch 05-04-OA. Made the mistake of trusting mine were ok.
Full charged them, went on holiday. When I tried to replace my batteries after the 3rd day with the Sanyos, the lasted a few shots and then batt low came out!
Does this mean I am able to replace the batteries?
Anyone can provide the address for Sanyo Energy pte Ltd?

I bought 4 pcs of Eneloop. They are only 2000mAH but was being sold as able to hold at least 80% charge after being kept for 1 year. Anyone can confirm this? If its that good, I intend to buy 4 or 8 more. Only issue is the lower capacity and the higher price.(I bought mine in HK for $20).

How about Sony batteries? The old ones I have lasted quite a while....or how about GP 2700mAH too?

cheers

Hi fellas
I have 8 pcs of 2500mAH batch 05-04-OA. Made the mistake of trusting mine were ok.
Full charged them, went on holiday. When I tried to replace my batteries after the 3rd day with the Sanyos, the lasted a few shots and then batt low came out!
Does this mean I am able to replace the batteries?
Anyone can provide the address for Sanyo Energy pte Ltd?

I bought 4 pcs of Eneloop. They are only 2000mAH but was being sold as able to hold at least 80% charge after being kept for 1 year. Anyone can confirm this? If its that good, I intend to buy 4 or 8 more. Only issue is the lower capacity and the higher price.(I bought mine in HK for $20).

How about Sony batteries? The old ones I have lasted quite a while....or how about GP 2700mAH too?

cheers

I have the Sanyo 2500mAh (from the replacement by AhV) as well and it is starting to fail me despite been charged for lesser than 15 times. Juz last week, I bought another 10 Eneloop batteries for a wedding. I'm not so concerned about the lower capacity (2000mAh) but it is important for me that the battery can hold its charge.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.